Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Cassie's Journal - January 14, 2013



Happy 2nd birthday, Naomi!

She might not always think so, but finding out today that she’s going to be a big sister was her best birthday present this year.

Liz may have timed her appointments with Uncle Adam to make sure that her pregnancy test results came back today, but since she’s quickly getting into the barfy stage, I’m not sure she was thinking about that at all when she had her first appointment on Friday.  Her off-and-on morning sickness is also the main reason why Mom and I spent a few hours at their apartment from the time I finished school until after Naomi’s party ended so that we could help her out with the work – and keeping up with the gang of toddlers that included Ethan, Ehlana, the kids they played with at KidZone, and a few friends they all knew from church.

I’ve definitely jumped ahead in the daily recap, so let’s back up; and I’ll get to the party story in a minute.

We were all awake early this morning to see Dad before he left for Crystal Springs, and then Mom had four cuddle buddies, including Mandy, for the hour or so of nap time we made time for after Dad left.  The rest of the morning at home was fairly quiet, though Ethan and Ehlana were fired up about Naomi’s birthday; and kept Mom and I entertained during breakfast by chatting about everything they’d be doing today.

The fact that it’s winter instead of spring might have had something to do with why we didn’t end up with a play afternoon at school today after Liz and Naomi stopped by to let Mr. Seager know that he was going to be a Daddy again; but maybe that’s just something that applies to first babies.  Whatever the reason, though that did become the top news story at school, classes continued as normal; and even Mr. Seager’s class only had the bonus entertainment of having Naomi give her Daddy flowers along with the baby news before getting back to work again.

Helping out with Naomi’s birthday party replaced our usual play night, and Rowen just ended up hanging out at the store instead of going out to play without me.  Since my main job was keeping up with Naomi and her friends while Mom, Liz, and Philip took care of the work end of the party.  Quite a few of the grown-ups in Naomi’s family stopped by to see her, or stay for dinner; including her grandparents, Uncle Nick, and Aunt Deborah.

I’d suggest that feeding toddlers – especially the cake and ice cream – is scary, but it really wasn’t any worse than watching a gang of tween boys demolish every morsel of food in sight when they get together; and the toddlers aren’t trying to impress anyone while they’re making a mess and having fun.  Ethan and Ehlana had to play along, and reminded me that there were some advantages to being a toddler when it was just Mom and me.  I rarely had to pretend that I couldn’t feed myself without the mess, and since my brother and sister are both neat freaks already; they don’t really like having to make even the minimal mess they need to do for show in public.

Of course, they also have their own iPads, so I don’t feel too sorry for them!

Getting back to the party story, I led most of the pre-dinner games; we survived dinner; and needed to do a lot of kid and room cleaning after the cake and ice cream before having Naomi open her gifts.  While finding out that she’ll be a big sister by sometime in mid-September would eventually rate as her best present, the iPad mini from her parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles was her favorite today.  I’m sure of that because the first thing Ehlana did after getting home tonight was test out a little Face Time with her friend – with a little cosmetic help from Mom and Liz.  I’ll take a wild guess that they’ll be doing a lot of that; including some chats after they’re in bed for the night.

Liz and Philip will probably get razzed about having a toddler with an iPad as much as Mom and Dad did, but even if Naomi was a ‘normal’ toddler, there are lots of games available to help teach even young kids; and this really isn’t any more radical than putting computers in primary and kindergarten classrooms was ten years ago – it’s just where technology and education is going into the future.

Mom and I were able to take Ethan and Ehlana home by shortly after eight.  We were the last ‘friends’ to leave, and as I mentioned already; after getting home, Ehlana needed to play with Naomi and their iPads for a while before bedtime.  I had homework to get done, along with the rest of my usual nightly computing and studies, but helped Mom do bath time with Ethan and Ehlana first before going up to my room; getting changed and into bed with Mandy; and started on my work.

With a little time-phasing help, I was able to get everything done fairly quickly – at least in real-time terms.  I experimented a bit with that; adjusting how ‘fast’ I sped up so that I could measure and compare the power used.  There is a lot written in the archives about the exponential function that relates to mass for all Transmutations, but the same applies to other factors too; and there isn’t nearly as much information about how Magi power use changes depending on things like how fast or slow, and length of time spent in time-phase.  That isn’t something I’ll have the answer for in one evening of study, but I’ll write something up for it once I do get some answers.

That’s all I have to report for my day, but while I’ve been thinking about the Seagers a lot tonight, I should mention that their big news today will also have an impact on our future plans because they’re going to need to move to a bigger place to have room for two kids.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I know what’s supposed to happen, and we’ll keep that little secret for a while longer, but I can assure you that starting out twenty-thirteen with a new pregnancy and birthday parties is just the beginning of the excitement this year for Naomi and her parents.

I’ve had enough excitement for today, and am ready to get some sleep, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!