Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cassie's Journal - January 10, 2013



It’s been a rainy day in Witch Falls, but that hasn’t kept us from having fun.

For our class, while I’ve actually been trying not to think about it all week, Gretchen’s birthday party tomorrow night topped the conversation list – her first boy-girl party.  I know I should just relax and deal with things like this, but don’t seem to be able to handle the fact that I have a very low tolerance for tween weird very well.

A good example of that happened at lunchtime.  Rowen and I escaped to the music room so we could avoid the worst of the chat among our friends about how cool it was going to be having a Friday night party with minimal adult supervision.  Michael and Lisa had both joined us by the time we’d gotten our instruments out and were warming up, and the weird got stranger – and more annoying – from there.

This first comment isn’t going to sound particularly great, but to be honest; Lisa doesn’t really have either the interest in or aptitude for playing music.  Trying to practice along with the three best students in our class just makes that more obvious; and I’m sure she realized that as quickly as I did today.  While Lisa and I haven’t really gotten to be friends, we have always gotten along just fine, but she isn’t happy about how Michael acts around me; and really gets annoyed anytime the sax jokes start flying.  The difference in our musical abilities certainly put her off, and if that wasn’t bad enough; Tim and Nora stopped in too, and though their teasing was meant to be fun, it probably moved Lisa along from being annoyed to borderline angry; and pushed the weird scale way too far for me to find anything funny about the situation.

Michael is like his father, and it takes a lot to get him angry or annoyed, so Tim at least knew when he’d gone too far with his best friend, and beat a hasty retreat.  None of us were really interested in practicing after that, but we went through the motions for another ten minutes before packing up.  Rowen and I left the room right away, but I don’t think that Michael and Lisa did until just before we all needed to get to our next class.  Yet again, I’m left wondering why on earth Aunt Leanne thinks that I need to rush into crossing over and dealing with messes like that.

After having that little reminder that the weird can pop up when you least expect it, I was happy to focus on our classes for the rest of the day, and go home to some nice, sane, family business work.  That only ended up being a break from the strange and annoying because game night was back again; and Michael and Tim were there with Lisa and Nora.  I wasn’t surprised to see that Michael wasn’t mad at Tim or Nora anymore, since he’d already moved on by the time we’d gotten to our Social Studies class, but I’m sure that Lisa still wasn’t happy despite the fact that she was trying hard not to show it.  Add in a couple of Aunt Leanne matchmaking nudges directed at Michael and me, and though that bugged me as much as it ticked Lisa off; there’s a good chance that she won’t be talking to me much for a while.  Please tell me again why I only talk and think about skipping game night instead of acting on those impulses.  Oh right – because playing with my family, friends, and neighbors is so much fun!

After getting home and coming up to my room, I should have worked in normal time, since I’m not exactly winding down very quickly, but I stuck with the time-phase work experiment, and don’t have anything left to do except wrap this up and try to get off to sleep.  Maybe if I don’t think about the weird from today or the impending weird for tomorrow night at Gretchen’s party, that will happen sometime before midnight.  I’ll let you know tomorrow whether that happened.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!