Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cassie's Journal - January 23, 2013



Happy 29th Birthday, Liz!

It seems a bit strange to be starting so many journal entries with best birthday wishes, since there was only one a year before Mom and I moved here; but I love it too.  Adding all of the Seagers to my ‘friends’ birthday list is happening mostly because Naomi’s friendship with Ehlana and Ethan is bringing our families closer together.  Getting Liz for my favorite hair stylist ever is just a great added bonus!

Mid-week dinners at the Inn are a bonus too; and that’s where we were tonight to help Liz celebrate her big day.  I was at the kids’ table, as usual now, but since we had Naomi with us too; we were at the table next to her parents, so I didn’t need to get a post-party report to find out what had been going on with the parents tonight.  Roasting Liz was a top priority for her friends, but talking babies was a close second; and a pregnancy update is probably in order.

Since it’s Liz’s birthday, I’ll start with her.  She’s ‘officially’ only known for a bit over a week, and isn’t due until September, so other than some fairly unpleasant morning sickness; there isn’t much else to report.  Hannah Draper has started her third trimester, and both she and the baby are doing great.  Her repertoire of baby and bakery jokes has expanded faster than her waistline, and she easily wins the comedy award in the pregnant women category this year.  Aunt Deborah is next on the due date calendar, and her continuing claim to local fame is the almost total absence of the usual pregnancy problems.  She’s near the end of her second trimester, and looks amazing even after putting in a long day at the clinic.  I noticed a couple of smiles and looks between her and Uncle Adam that has me suspecting that he’s helping her out with a little more Magi Healing than they’ve told Mom and me about.

While there weren’t any other expecting moms having dinner with us, but Aunt Deborah, Liz, and Hannah have quite a bit of company in their little club this year; and there’s a good chance that their new babies are going to have a few more classmates than usual once they are old enough to start school.  Amy Spencer and her sister-in-law, Natalie, are among a young group of friends who will all be having their first children this year.  Since they’re all around ten years younger than Mom and Dad, except for getting school day updates from Amy, I get the rest of my pregnancy information from Uncle Adam’s reports in our Magi project archive.  One thing that he is very interested in is that he’s already confirmed as many Magi babies as there would normally be in an entire year; so there’s a possibility that we could have even more new Magi born this year than two years ago when Ethan and Ehlana helped set a new record – at least for recent history.

While I caught most of the conversation at the parents’ table, the toddler action going on around me was entertaining too.  Chicken strips and fries was the most popular meal choice, and I’m sure that was mostly because they have a low mess quotient compared to something like spaghetti.  Staying mostly clean ended when the birthday cake and ice cream was delivered; and that little mess event also gave Aunt Leanne a too-easy opportunity to play matchmaker with her current favorite targets.

It was near the end of the evening; there weren’t very many customers left in the dining room by then; and Miranda sent Michael over to help with the clean-up.  He and I made the mistake of actually having fun while we did our best to get four toddlers – and the table, chairs, and floor around them cleaned.  Aunt Leanne started things off with a comment about how cute we were, doing such a great job with the kids; and predicting that we were going to make great parents some day.  Things went downhill from there, though that was just my perspective – and Michael’s – since the adults around us all thought that all of the jokes and teasing that followed was a lot of fun.  I’m just hoping that their collective little Kodak moment of entertainment at our expense doesn’t make it to the school grapevine tomorrow.

I don’t really want to write or think about that anymore, so let’s skip the details.  Once Aunt Leanne, Hannah, and Miranda decided that they’d had enough fun with Michael and me, all that was left to do before heading home was have Liz open her gifts; and follow that up with a long round of goodnight hugs and kisses.  After getting home, Dad needed to get to work in the office, so I helped Mom with Ethan and Ehlana’s bedtime routine; including doing a short Magi lessons in the elements with them that we multi-tasked while they were in the bathtub.

Once the twins were in bed, Mom did another Magi lesson with me, and then I came up to my room to start my own bedtime routine with a long soak in my Jacuzzi.  Working in normal time doesn’t keep me from multi-tasking too, and I finished my language studies while in the tub; did my usual nightly email, entertainment, news, and sports checks while dealing with my hair; and wrapped up my night with an hour and a half of archive study while cuddling with Mandy in bed.

I guess that’s about all for today.  There wasn’t really anything exciting to report from school today; and though Rowen and I had fun with our after school play time, all we really did was wander around downtown, and hang out by the falls for the hour or so that I had between when we finished our homework and when I needed to be home to get ready for Liz’s birthday party.  We have another classmate birthday tomorrow, but Lisa didn’t invite Rowen and me; and there’s one more reason why I hope the jokes about Michael and me from tonight don’t get passed around at school tomorrow.  That’s not the kind of story any girl wants to hear on her birthday when it involves her boyfriend and another girl.  It’s definitely not something I even want to be thinking about right now either, but it’s not easy to turn off the photographic memory.

Time to not dream about soft, cuddly bunnies; and get some sleep.

I will not dream of bunnies; I will not dream of bunnies; I will not dream of bunnies.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!