Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cassie's Journal - January 11, 2013



Mother Nature must love Gretchen a lot – she gave her beautiful spring-like weather for her birthday.  Happy twelfth, Gretchen!

Since everyone in our class was going to her party, school pretty much seemed like a way to keep ourselves entertained while waiting for that to start.  Rowen and I did actually have fun at school, and that’s mostly true for the rest of the day except for Rowen being more than a little annoyed with a certain boy by the time we were picked up to go back to her house after the party.

Yes, we’re doing another sleepover at her house; Scott’s here with Patrick; and they did try messing with us earlier until they found out that wasn’t a good idea when Rowen’s got her mad on for boys.

Let’s back up a bit.  It was a quiet morning at home, and I was ready for school early.  The sleepover was added to our plans for the day while I was picking Rowen up on my way to school.  I think Rowen was already thinking that she’d need her best friend to talk to after the party.  There wasn’t actually much going on at school other than the usual work, but nearly everyone was outside for lunchtime to enjoy the warm and play.  My day went particularly well because I successfully avoided any close encounters with Michael and Lisa – a fact that she seemed to be very happy about – especially when I was able to do that all evening too.

Gretchen’s party was a good example of how much things have changed in a year – the biggest being that it was a girls-only party for her last birthday; and the not-yet-crossed-over group had more than one member.  Everyone is taller, and the boys are beginning to catch up with the girls, though that hasn’t been as big of a deal for Rowen and me, since we started out as pixies; and never got very far ahead of any of the boys.  Rowen and I are also still, um, behind the curve in other developments that are of particular interest to the guys, but I guess it’d be fair to note that we – the girls – have all made progress in that department since the last party.

Taking a little side trip, that lack of development for us bugs Rowen, but I’m fairly happy that we’re not at the top of the class for this.  Some of the girls like the attention that comes with being more physically grown up than the other girls, but I wouldn’t like dealing with any of that at all.  Let’s put this down as one more good reason to stay on my side of the crossing over line indefinitely.

Moving along, Rowen and I had time after school to do snack and report time with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana; pack my overnight bag; and head over to her place to get ready for the party.  We walked over to the computer store to get a ride out to the party with Rowen’s Mom, and were among the first guests there.  Since Gretchen’s boyfriend was already there too, we didn’t get to spend much time with her while waiting for the rest of her friends and some cousins to get there, and I guess we really didn’t spend much time with her all evening; since she was mostly hanging out with the ‘couples club’ tweens and teens.

Rowen and I were definitely in the singles minority, but we also weren’t alone either; and had other girls to hang out with and chat; and there were always groups of girls dancing to up-tempo songs later that we could join.  I guess it was just during the ballads, when the couples paired up to dance, that we were left on the sidelines, but we also took some of those opportunities to go outside for short walks that were usually timed to help Rowen cool down a bit and do a little constructive venting.

Note to any future boyfriends for either Rowen or me – there will not be any making out in public with us.  Not...going...to...happen – ever!

If Rowen does get ‘her’ guy some day, that’ll be a memo he’ll definitely need to get; since his current girlfriend doesn’t have that little dating restriction – and that was a big reason why Rowen was so hot under the collar tonight.  There was more than one couple helping to make things weird tonight, but I must be changing a bit too, because that really didn’t bother me all that much tonight; and I really had fun all evening.  Doing a barbeque dinner buffet in mid-January was great – even with the guys competing with each other to show off their incredible feats of food and drink consumption.  I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before, but there’s also something about barn dances that I really love.

Gretchen’s party had a midnight curfew, but Rowen and I were getting picked up at eleven – partly because we didn’t really want to stick around for the inevitable couples’ dances wind down and goodbyes; and because we didn’t want to keep any of our parents up for an extra hour after a long work week.  I was especially glad that we made that decision when we found out that Aunt Leanne had volunteered to pick us up; and she had no matchmaking opportunities to spring on me before we were in the car and ready to go.  That didn’t keep her from teasing me, and lamenting my stubborn refusal to get with the program so she could have more entertaining party reports, but I was happy to play along with that when the potential alternative scenes could have been much worse – and weirder.

Our pick-up run apparently also marked the end of dinner and a movie night at my house; so Aunt Leanne parked in her driveway, and Rowen and I stopped in to say a quick goodnight to Uncle Adam before walking next door and doing a bedtime snack and story time with her parents, Patrick, and Scott.  As I mentioned already, the boys tried bugging us after we all went up to our rooms for the night; but quickly retreated and left us alone when Rowen blasted them – rhetorically, not with Magi power; though she really, really wanted to do it that way instead.

If you’ve never experienced it, since it happens so rarely, I can tell you that it’s very entertaining when Rowen lets her mad out – as long as you’re not on the receiving end of it.  Patrick and Scott probably have a different opinion about that right now, but they’ll survive; and Rowen and I are both happy that they aren’t bugging us anymore tonight.

We’ve been fairly happily engaged in some constructive guy-bashing that has included some very entertaining and topic-related YouTube videos.  Okay, Rowen wasn’t exactly happy, but we did manage to laugh a lot, and she does feel better.  It’s getting late, and we need to think about getting some sleep, so I’m going to wrap this up; and we’re going to try and do that.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!