Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Cassie's Journal - January 17, 2013



I’ve had another long, busy day.  There isn’t any news to report from school – it was fairly quiet and uneventful; though long weekend planning kept a lot of kids and teens entertained whenever we weren’t busy with our class work.

The only breaks I had today between Tai Chi and game night at the Inn were meals; our lunchtime music practice; and a conference call that Dad linked with us for to wish Grandpa a happy birthday, since it was already Friday in Australia.  Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne had dinner with us tonight so they could be with us when we made that birthday call, so dinnertime was fun too; and by then, I was ready for a break after another long family business work session in the office.

Grandma and Grandpa are having a lot more fun than we are here, and he’s going to celebrate his birthday for two days – one for Friday in Australia, and for his ‘actual’ birthday – which will be most of Saturday for them.  They have a lot of work booked for this trip too, so I’m glad that they are getting some fun days too between all of the meetings and travel.

We wrapped up our chat with Grandma, Grandpa, and Dad in time to walk over to the Inn for game night; and the fun continued there for a couple of hours, with a healthy dose of tween weird thrown in – though that was just for Rowen and me.  Mid-January boredom may have been responsible for the big turnout tonight, and that always makes for a longer night when there are so many teams vying for the junior and senior championships.  If Miranda was hoping that teaming up with Mom while Dad was in the city would get her to another win, she was disappointed when they didn’t even manage to place top five.  Rowen and I didn’t do nearly that well in the junior competition.  She was regularly distracted and annoyed by ‘Tommy’ and his girlfriend; and that might have had a lot to do with the fact that they were mostly oblivious to everything except each other.  The fact that they did even worse than we did wasn’t any consolation to Rowen.

That was more than enough to throw off her game, but my gaming wasn’t exactly stellar either, and I’m sure you can guess that might have something to do with Michael and my dear, incorrigible, and determined Aunt Leanne.  The meaningful looks, whispers, and passing nudges and nods she prods me with are bad enough, but she apparently thinks that Michael isn’t very bright if she believes that he didn’t see right through two ‘chance’ meetings at the snack and drinks table when she conveniently happened to need his help to carry a drink or snack to me because her hands were full with the other orders she was juggling.  Yes, he did as she asked, but knew from my reaction each time that the deliveries were bogus, blatant set-ups.  Judging by some of the looks I got from Lisa tonight; she wasn’t thrilled with Aunt Leanne’s efforts either.  With all of the extra-curricular action, it’s no wonder that the gaming was so mediocre.

It was heading toward eleven o’clock by the time we got home, and that was again partly thanks to Aunt Leanne, since she conveniently volunteered us to help with the post-game clean-up; and then we walked home with Miranda, Jacob, Rebecca, and Michael.  That was good for one more little strike against me with Lisa, and it’ll be two or three if she finds out about Aunt Leanne’s goodnight hug and kiss comment when she advised me that I’d ‘missed’ him after hugging his parents and sister.  Ehlana earned bonus sister points for immediately reaching out to hug and kiss Michael; getting everyone laughing, and rescuing me from a no-win situation.

After helping Mom to get Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night, I came up to my room; kicked the time-phase into high gear; and finished all of my planned studies and nightly computing in record time.  The only problem I have now is that I’m too wound up to sleep.  I don’t really write about it much, but anyone reading my journals in the future might be surprised to find out that there actually are so many things that annoy or worry me; since I basically never get visibly angry, and I’m perpetually happy and fired up in public.  So much of my life since moving to Witch Falls is so amazing and fun, I sometimes wonder why I even bother writing about some of these things, but I guess it does at least show that even Magi Masters have everyday, normal, real-life issues.

For me, tonight, those issues include wishing that I could do more to help Rowen, since she really is having a tough time with having crossed over, but hooked on a boy who is both currently taken and oblivious to her as anything more than one of the ‘other’ girls in his class – and certainly not a girl he’s ever been interested in the way she’s interested in him.  Telling her what the twins and I know about our collective future would probably help a lot, but that really isn’t an option.  Jokes and musing about Magi-powered solutions are only entertaining for so long before they’re not much fun anymore; and a medical or Magi cure for the ailment still isn’t available.  I might be more help if I could relate to Rowen on more than an intellectual basis for this, but I still really wish that we were all still on my side of the crossed over line – especially since if we were; this wouldn’t be a problem for her at all, and I might have the added bonus of no auntie matchmaking directed my way.

That’s the other issue keeping me awake.  There was no doubt that Aunt Leanne’s matchmaking moments tonight were harder on Michael than on me.  It’s not always fun knowing sensing things that others can’t; and that’s definitely true for me when it comes to him.  This is also another case where telling Aunt Leanne what I know might help convince her to stop; but it’s not something I can or will do.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I don’t always like it, but in addition to knowing what we do about our future, we also know what we are and aren’t supposed to reveal to others too.  Yes, that bugs Mom, Dad, and everyone else in the know about our having this particular talent, but trust me – it really is tougher for us.

I’m not really feeling better about any of this, and haven’t come up with anything useful while writing about it here, so I’m going to wrap this up and try a little sound-shielded music practice.  Maybe that’ll help make me sleepy.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!