Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, January 4, 2013

Cassie's Journal - January 4, 2013



The top news story of the day, for just a very few of us, is that Liz Seager is pregnant with her second child!  Mom found that out when she saw Liz while dropping Ethan and Ehlana off at KidZone; and I got to ‘see’ for myself when Rowen and I coincidentally needed to drop off an afternoon snack for Liz and Vicki at our favorite hair salon.  The hard part about knowing things like this early is having to keep the secret until Liz can find out ‘officially’ from Uncle Adam in about a week and change.  Aunt Leanne suggested that some girls have apparently had happier holidays than most, but I’ll just pretend that I don’t know what she means by that.

Compared to the expecting mother story from the Seager family, my day has been fairly uneventful.  The snow has been melting a little more every day, so there weren’t even any boys out on the ridge trying to do any sledding today.  Snowball fights were still breaking out here and there, but Rowen and I stayed away from that action because while I love snowball fights as much as the next kid, I don’t like throwing – or getting hit by - ice or slush balls.

While Ethan and Ehlana were at KidZone, Mom was running around town doing the usual supply and grocery runs; picking up dry cleaning; and having lunch out with Dad, Aunt Leanne, and Claire.  Rowen and I had a self-serve sandwiches and chips lunch at my house, and we were there to help Mom with unloading the van; but spent most of the day outdoors except for two warm-up breaks – including the afternoon visit to the salon.

Dinner and a movie night resumed today, and Grandma and Grandpa were there too for a last visit before heading out for their trip in the morning.  I so wish that I could be spending the next eleven weeks in and around Australia and New Zealand with them, but since I can’t take Rowen, my parents, brother, and sister along too; I’ll just tough it out and stay at home with them instead.

Rowen stayed with us for the evening, and we helped Mom and Violet with making dinner.  Grandpa led the dinner conversation, and his review of the highlights of their travel itinerary was nearly as entertaining as his post-trip adventure tales always are.  I don’t know if having a high-tech daughter-in-law and granddaughter is rubbing off, but he must be using the internet a lot these days to learn everything he can about the places they’re going to visit and do their family business and charity work.

Uncle Adam and Aunt Deborah had been late getting out of the clinic, and we took our time having our meal, so by the time we finished cleaning up, it was after eight o’clock.  We all moved into the living room, picked a kid-appropriate movie; and settled in for a little quality cuddle time.  Violet went out to meet up with Dillon at the Inn when Rowen’s parents and brother joined us after closing the store for the night.  They stayed for the rest of the movie and our bedtime snack break before taking Rowen with them and going home when my grandparents, aunts, and uncles headed out.

Going off-recap for a moment, I’d like to mention that Patrick is usually fairly tolerable when he and Scott aren’t collaborating – and trying to show off for each other.  It was even fun watching him play with Ethan while he was here.  Rowen assures me that he can be very annoying without having Scott around to help him, but there does seem to be some hope that he’ll eventually outgrow this phase some day.  Sooner would be nice, but I won’t hold my breath; and I’m not sure that when he and Scott hit the tween stage that it won’t just be worse.

Anyway, back to the main story; I helped Mom and Dad put Ethan and Ehlana to bed, and have been in my room with Mandy since then – starting with a little Jacuzzi time for me. (For some reason, Mandy never wants to take a turn.)  Mom and Dad went to bed early too, and I doubt that Violet will be home early when she has less than two days left before she’ll need to go back to Woodvale.  She’ll be sad about that, but the good news is that this will be the last semester that she and Dillon will ever spend apart.

I’ve just been puttering around the internet since climbing into bed with Mandy, and there isn’t anything else to report for today; so I’m going to shut down now and shoot for a third night in a row where I’m sleeping before midnight.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!