Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cassie's Journal - January 29, 2013



This has been one of those strange weather days where we’ve gone from warm spring temperatures straight down to winter freeze in just over twenty-four hours.  It’s been raining off and on too, and the forecast is for some freezing rain and snow by morning.  I’d say that everyone in town would agree with me that going from cold to warm was way more fun than the big reversal today has been.

The change around school was obvious too.  The yard was basically empty all day; the whole atmosphere and mood seemed to drop right along with the temperature; and I didn’t even see one classmate blankly staring out a window and daydreaming of being outside instead of concentrating on our lessons.  Yes, one of the guys did get caught dozing off by Mrs. Warren, but that really wasn’t that unusual for him regardless of the weather.

After the tween issues in the park yesterday afternoon, I was doing my very best today to stay under the radar as much as I could, though that’s not always easy when Rowen, Michael, and I are frequently the go-to answer whizzes for all of our teachers.  That’s never really bothered me before, and I’ve honestly never really even thought about it, but having a few of the girls in our class watching me, and seemingly annoyed with just about everything I do, has forced me to think about things like that a lot.

I’ve been thinking about Lisa and her best friends too, and think I should mention that we’ve always gotten along just fine before now; and they’ve always been as friendly, even while they’ve also always hung out with different groups than Rowen and I have.  Hopefully this will just be a tween phase that we’ll all get past soon, since I seem to be fairly lousy at handling the situation.  That does make me wonder how hard being a ‘normal’ tween must be when it’s like this for a Magi Master with a broad, post-graduate college level education.

I mostly managed to avoid most of the tween weird today except for a couple of comments before our first afternoon class that were related to the lunchtime music practice that Michael joined Rowen and me for.  Since our practices are always fun for us, I really wish our classmates in general would cut us some slack; that the guys would stop razzing Michael about it; and that Lisa would not get so upset about Michael practicing with us twice a week when she has nothing to worry about from me.

Going home to work in the office after school was a good way to stay out of any more tween trouble with the bonus of being dry and warm.  Alicia and Mom were busy with the twins and working around the house while I did my homework and spent a couple of hours on the family business.  Dad was a bit late getting home after his last appointment went longer than expected, and then we all spent most of the evening in the office after having dinner and cleaning up.  We split our time between work, Magi lessons, and a little computer play time until it was time for Ethan and Ehlana to get ready for bed.

I came up to my room then, and had a long soak in my Jacuzzi while Mom and Dad did the bath and bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana.  While in the tub, I finished the archive assignment that went along with my lesson tonight; did my nightly computer checks while getting ready for bed and drying my hair; and worked through my language studies after getting into bed with Mandy.  Starting all of that early let me get a bit extra done, and though I could have kept going, it’s after midnight; and I’ve had enough fun for today.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!