Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cassie's Journal - January 22, 2013



Today marks the start of eight long weeks until our next holiday – March Break.

I guess that kids and teens shouldn’t complain about that, since most adults have to wait until Easter for their next holiday, but Easter is early this year, so they won’t have to wait too much longer than we do.

Our teachers must think that this is a perfect time to get some extra work done, so piling on the homework and starting new projects was the theme for today; and probably will be tomorrow too.  That brought on the expected grumbling and groaning from the usual groups of kids and teens, but the work isn’t a problem for Rowen and me; and our lunchtime music practice helped us to miss out on the main gripe session.

It also helped us to miss out on a lot of the football talk going on with the guys, though Rowen and I did spend all of about ninety seconds talking about it with Michael while we got our flute and saxophones ready to play.  I probably should have mentioned the NFL conference championship games that were played on Sunday, if for no other reason than because Sunday marked the two-week countdown to the end of football season for another year.  I don’t actually care that the Baltimore Ravens beat the New England Patriots, or that the San Francisco Forty-Niners will play the Ravens in the Super Bowl after winning their game over the Atlanta Falcons; but both games were a big deal for a lot of the guys even though most were disappointed with the results from one or both games.  Michael’s into football as much as Tim is, but seems to mostly be amused by the total indifference Rowen and I have toward the game while showing that we know as much or more than most of the guys do about the sport whenever we do get pushed into those conversations.

While music practice at noon works great for Rowen and me, Michael is definitely taking some heat for hanging out with us.  For some reason, the guys think it’s a problem for him to pick practicing Disney songs with us over talking football, showing off for the girls, and hanging out with the couples club.  That last part is especially annoying to Lisa, and though she isn’t razzing Michael too, the looks and obvious disappointment probably have more of an effect on him than the jokes and jabs do from Tim and the other guys.

Again, I have to ask why anyone would want to rush to cross over and deal with all of that tween angst.  I’m only a spectator, and find myself regularly wishing for the good old days when I first moved here when the guys wouldn’t hang out with girls for fear of girl germs, and the girls all thought that guys were gross and obnoxious.

Somehow, I’ve managed to completely go off the rails for today’s recap, so let’s get back on track.

Rowen and I were working after school, so we were each on our own for most of our homework, but we got together at her house after dinner so we could do some work on one of our new projects.  For my work on the family business, I spent most of my time dealing with Easter-related business issues.  I don’t think it’ll ever stop feeling strange to be working on holidays that are still months away, but since my work today included a lot of spring fashion reviews; I had fun playing with all of the plans that were being finalized.  The downside of that is knowing that I won’t be able to go shopping for those cool new clothes until after they hit the stores – and even then it’s not like we get to go to the Mall once or twice a week.  Maybe Rowen and I should stop in to see Abby after school tomorrow – just to see how she’s doing, of course!

We had a quiet dinner at home, and after spending about an hour and a half working on our project at Rowen’s house, I got home in time to do the bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana; followed that up with a Healing lesson with Mom; and then came up to my room to cuddle in bed with Mandy while doing my usual nightly computing and studying.

I haven’t done a family update in a while, so let’s do that next.

Violet wasn’t here for the long weekend, but she and Dillon did get together in Woodvale; and she’ll be here for the weekend before Valentine’s Day so she can go to the school dance with Dillon on Friday night.  Aunt Grace and Mark are doing a getaway at a ski resort in Colorado too, but probably won’t see each other again until Easter.  There isn’t much news from the rest of the Proctor and Rice families, and the Johnson family seems to almost be in waiting for the arrival of Kevin and Elaine’s second child now that they’re down to just weeks to go.  Nicole is certainly wishing her new baby brother or sister will get here sooner than later; mostly because “Mommy can’t do any fun stuff anymore until after the baby comes.”

I spent an hour reading in the archives; a half hour on our Magi project; and another hour and a half reading books in two different languages while having a little online chat in Javanese.  Since I didn’t get an early start, and my time-phasing sessions are over for at least the next few years, it’s now heading toward one-thirty; and time for me to wrap this up and get some sleep.  I may miss those extra hours of down time, but my first night back in normal mode was okay; and I’m actually not as tired as I have been each night after my high-speed nights.  I’ll keep track of that for a while, but there probably isn’t much real difference between my actual sleep needs whether I’m working in normal or hyper-time.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!