Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - April 9, 2019


Ethan:

Our school day was pretty good and we had fun at the lab and with our dinner-and-study-or-work-night with Mom and Dad; but nothing newsworthy to write about.  There is something I’m thinking about tonight, though; so I’ll write about that instead.

We’re closing in fast on Easter, but for some reason; today was the first time I’ve been thinking about what hasn’t been happening around our family – getting ready for the Easter weekend services.  Cassie and Michael aren’t busy with band or the teen praise team; and the youth group has gone on without them – just as they managed to muddle through for a century or three before they joined up.  I know that sounds dumb, but this is something that I feel should have affected me more than it has – a lack of music around the house.  Maybe it’s time for Ehlana and me to make some time to learn an instrument or three to make up for that – though I’m sure we will have music this summer at campfires and maybe whenever Cassie’s home too.  I do want to learn to play music, but it just hasn’t been a priority so far.

I’ll let you know how that goes; though I don’t expect to get started on that this spring.  We do have a fair bit on the schedule already; so taking on guitar or piano lessons might be a bit too much.  Maybe we can see about doing that in the fall.

Okay, that was it for my thoughts of the day – though I do still miss the home-made music in the house.  Naomi and Aiden may have us take tomorrow off form the lab to play; so maybe I’ll have something more-interesting to report tomorrow night.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

Happy 16th Birthday, Patrick!

I don’t normally include best birthday wishes for the teens in town, but we are usually aware of every birthday; and there was some girl chat at school about Patrick’s special day because he is dating Sophia’s sister – and most of the girls in my class think that he’s hot; in a computer geek charming sort of way.  For the record, I like Patrick, but do not have a crush on him.  Unlike my big sister; I don’t have any older boys that I’ve crushed on – not that facts keep Naomi and I from having fun with that sort of thing now and then.

This has been another quiet day, but I should mention that we’re in Easter mode at school; so themed lessons and crafts are part of the daily life there; and we are having fun with our friends.  My work at the lab doesn’t involve bunnies or eggs, but even when we’re just plugging along with our slow-developing research; I still have fun all of the time while there too.  My studying tonight was a bit tedious, since I needed to do a lot of very boring reading and research for my thesis, but it has to be done; and tonight was one of my nights for getting that done – or at least the next stage of it; since I’ll be doing that work off-and-on until I get my thesis finished.

The good news for that, though, is that if I come up with something really brilliant; I’ll still be able to use it for my ‘real’ thesis when I go to college in ten years.

I guess that’s all I have for tonight too, so I’ll wrap this up; and go get some sleep.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!