Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, December 7, 2015

Cassie's Journal - December 6, 2015



Happy 14th Birthday, Dawn!

In a year when getting driver’s licenses is such a big deal for my friends and classmates, it’s fun to report that my cousin’s best birthday gifts this year were flight time and flying lessons that will help to keep her head in the clouds and her dreams of being a pilot alive and well for at least a few months.  That’s her preferred main gift for every occasion now; and it seems to be working out for her just fine.  The even better news is that it seems, according to her instructors, that she is also quite talented; so her choice of future career and passion is backed up by a true ability for the job.

Michael and I did not send her a coupon for flight time, since that’s a bit out of our official budget, but we did send a gift along with the card and flight time gift that Mom, Dad, and the twins sent for her; and she seemed happy with both presents when she opened them while we had a phone chat with her at breakfast today.  That was the extent of our involvement with her birthday today; but I’ll add that she also had Jillian stay for a sleepover last night; and they were having a birthday lunch and afternoon at the movies with their family and friends today that was likely quite a bit more fun than the work day at the Inn that kept Michael and me busy here at home.

Compared to birthday party fun, I don’t really have much to write about for my own day at all.  Waking up cuddled with Michael was great, and keeping him for Tai Chi and breakfast was good too; so that made for a fun start to our day.  We were busy at church, particularly with Sunday school because we – the teens – worked on the Christmas musical instead of having classes.  While working on sets or costumes was a big part of that for more than half of the teens; Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I were all put to work on practicing the script.  It is a musical, so learning the lines for the various scenes isn’t really that tough, but then I do have the photographic memory thing going on; so maybe that isn’t fair to make that part of the work sound so trivial.  That part of the preparation is coming along great, though; and I’m sure we’ll be ready for the first full rehearsals that will be starting next week.

As usual for this time of year, the service went long; so Michael, Rebecca, Jenny, and I had to hurry to get to the Inn.  Yes, Jenny was there even after spending the night at Peter’s house; and it was nice to see him at church too; since he could have just brought Jenny home and left again.  I’d say that he’s getting rather seriously in love with Jenny; and I love seeing her dating someone that is just as interested in her life as she is in getting to know him and his family and friends.  He didn’t offer to apply for a job at the Inn, so he hasn’t totally lost his mind over Jenny; but that choice might actually be a bonus point to the good for him – not that I’m suggesting that you have to be a bit nuts to work at the Inn on buffet day.

It does help, though! ;^)

Seriously, the work at the Inn hours of my day is really nothing to write about.  We were a bit under-staffed today, and while we had some cameo moments of fun here and there; the work was exhausting and occasionally overwhelming as we just did our best and plugged away until each job was done – over and over again.  Miranda had a full house for lunch; more than two full buffet sittings for dinner; and a gang of very tired workers by the time we had everything done for the night and could close the Inn at around ten-thirty.  Michael and I didn’t even really get a major afternoon break because we used that time to do our weekend homework and eat a late lunch before getting back to work early to help catch up on the dinner prep line ahead of the first buffet sitting.

After getting home, Mom did my Magi lesson with me; I took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night so that we could have at least a bit of sibling time today; and now I’ve been tucked into bed with Mandy and working on my computer for the past three hours.  I didn’t get everything on my bedtime computing to-do list finished, but I’m running out of steam fast; and did at least get my language studying and family business work done.  The archive assignment would have just put me to sleep; so it’ll wait until I can get around to it tomorrow.

While I was busy all day, Mom and Dad worked around home or in the office; and Ethan and Ehlana spent their afternoon with Naomi and Aiden at Naomi’s house – or outdoors playing for part of the afternoon.  I can report that they all had more fun today than I did at the Inn; but let’s not go into any details on why that was true for my parents when they were supposedly working all afternoon while also having an unexpected batch of consecutive kid-free hours.  As always, and something that does need to be repeated here in my journals now and then, if you must use your imagination on that; keep those thoughts to yourself – especially if I’m still around and you know me whenever you’re reading this in my future! ;^)

Okay, I’m just about done here; so let’s take a quick look at the week ahead; and then wrap this up with the Christmas song choice of the day.

It’s going to be a very busy week, starting with the Moms’ Christmas shopping adventure to the city tomorrow.  No, I don’t get to skip school to go along, but I will be helping out with Ethan, Ehlana, and our cousins after school tomorrow; so that’ll keep us busy while the women in our family are away.  In addition to our practices on Tuesday, Michael and I have a friends’ birthday party to attend too – though we’ll only be able to stay for the dinner; and maybe not even all of that.  Wednesday is a work night, but we’re also planning on going to Rebecca’s basketball game after school; and the busy will continue on Thursday thanks to a bonus practice for the Christmas musical at the church that’s going to be a full run-through; but not a dress rehearsal.  We have the seniors’ Christmas party with the band on Friday afternoon; the school Christmas dance on Friday night; and the Maple Valley Christmas parade on Saturday.

Wow, and I thought this past week has been busy!

If that isn’t enough on the go, most of our favorite collegians will be getting home this weekend.  Since they’re also busy writing final exams this week; I’ll take a wild guess that they’ll all be ready to come home and get a break for the next month or so.  Jake and Stephanie won’t be coming home, and we’ll really miss them a lot over the Christmas holidays; but then they’re also going to be having a remember-forever kind of holiday adventure traveling around Europe while they’re off from school.  While the adventures are something I’d love to do, I’m also okay with admitting that I’m not interested in being anywhere except right here at home for Christmas – and hope I never have to be away from home during my favorite family time of the year.

Okay, that just leaves the Christmas song pick of the day; and I think it’s time to let the girls take over the song list for a while; since Ariana Grande and her friends got that off to such a fun start yesterday.  Next up is Fifth Harmony; and their version of ‘All I Want for Christmas is You’.  I’m not sure that any guy actually buys that line, and many of them that might likely learn to regret it if they don’t have a gift or three under the tree for their special girl; but let’s just enjoy the song for the fun and harmonies and skip the debate over the potential to mislead the unsuspecting men of the world.



Have fun; Merry Christmas; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!