Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Cassie's Journal - December 19, 2015



Congratulations, Natalie and Derrick Taylor; and welcome to Witch Falls, Katie!

While Katie was keeping my favorite doctors and nurse busy for a fair bit of the day – and her mother and family too; the rest of the action around town seemed to be all about Christmas.  Before I move on to that, though; I’ll add that Amy and Jared are two of Katie’s proud aunts and uncles, and while I rarely write about them in my journal; Amy will always be one of my favorite-ever teachers; so I’m always happy when good things happen in her life!

My day started out with Tai Chi indoors, and while it was great to have Dad home again for that; I missed having Michael there too.  Our workout was still fun, and so was our breakfast in the sunroom; but then it was time to get to work for most of the day.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I had chores to do; I helped with the ongoing holiday cooking adventures in the kitchen; and we fit in some fun here and there with visits from Michael during his morning and afternoon breaks; and from some of my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  There was just one shopping trip that Dad and Ethan took care of; and they reported that the holiday shopping was crazy in most of the stores – though they only visited the grocery store and Emporium for some supplies that Mom needed for her cooking.

My last chore of the afternoon was getting the lounge and my room set up for the babysitting and sleepover fun that is now winding down as I write this; but then I just traded chores in for the actual babysitting after that as the kids were dropped off starting at around five o’clock.  Rowen came over then too; and Tim joined us by five-thirty – in time to help with the kids while Rowen and I cooked up the pizza and sides and my parents started to get ready for their night out with their friends.

By six o’clock, we had all of ‘our’ kids for the night, including Ethan, Ehlana, all of my in-town kid cousins, the Seager and Draper kids, and Sophia Bassett.  We didn’t have Jessica and Ryan too because they’re spending the night with friends instead of with us.  That was mostly a parental decision; though I’m sure that Michael’s cousins will have more fun with their friends compared to playing with a bunch of under-five kids.

Rowen and I had the first wave of food ready to go by the time we had all of our kids with us; we had dinner in the dining room; and our meal-time entertainment was also the majority of the work for Tim, Rowen, and me as we tried to get the kids fed while keeping some of them from turning the dining room into something that looked more like a war zone than a formal gathering place for family and friends.  Zack and Eli were especially enthusiastic with their food, and while Tim really wasn’t trying to encourage them; there’s no doubt that the two boys were doing their very best to impress him in ways that were just scary and gross to all of the girls in the room.

Christmas movies, video gaming, music, and ‘normal’ games were all available entertainment options on the third floor after dinner; and Rowen and Tim took care of the kids while I dealt with the dining room and kitchen clean-up.  Mom and Dad had long-since left for the Inn by then, so I was on my own for that work; but there’s a good chance that I had the easier job compared to what Tim and Rowen had to deal with for the kids.  Okay, I wasn’t totally kid free while I worked, but Brianna was happy to hang out in her seat and supervise while I worked; and Ehlana and Naomi only stopped in for a short visit before going back upstairs to help out with our younger guests.

Michael was set free from the Inn at seven-thirty; he grabbed a shower at home before coming over; and he was already tired by then.  Unfortunately for him, most of the boys were still fired up; and his arrival just got them going even more for a while.  That meant that he and Tim were kept busy playing for another hour or so before we managed to round up all of the kids to watch a couple of Christmas shows and start the wind-down process that eventually led to getting them all in bed and off to sleep by a bit after midnight.  Holly and Hal Moose, a warm bottle, and some quality cuddle time with Michael and me put Brianna to sleep first; and that was the start of the rounds of carrying kids off to bedrooms and getting them tucked in for the night.  All of the younger kids were sleeping by eleven except for Zack and Eli, and while they tried to hold out until Ethan and Aiden went to bed; they didn’t make it through to the end of ‘The Grinch’ before passing out – a fact that actually surprised me a bit considering how much sugar they consumed tonight while munching on treats regularly since dinnertime.

Ethan, Aiden, Ehlana, Naomi, and Sophia were the last kids to head for bed after the end of the movie, and though Naomi had cuddled with Ethan through most of the movie time; she did end up in the correct bedroom with Ehlana and Sophia when we did get them tucked in for the night.  For the record, Ehlana didn’t do much cuddling with Aiden tonight; and that was mostly so that he didn’t get razzed by Zack and Eli the way they happily made fun of Ethan and Naomi.  Ehlana was likely also thinking about keeping things from getting weird for Sophia too; but then I don’t think that she really cares right now if she is a fifth-wheel for their little group now and then – especially when that also gives her the option to have some cuddle time with Michael and me instead the way we did with her tonight once we’d run out of younger kids to rock to sleep.

Speaking of that, Tim might be too cool to admit this to his football buddies, but he’s pretty good with baby and toddler cuddling too.  He and Rowen helped to get Caleb and Hailey off to sleep tonight, and while I wouldn’t dream of scaring them anytime soon; Tim is going to be an awesome father some day.

Hopefully you won’t be reading this in a future where I’m proven wrong about that! ;^)

Don’t take that train of thought into this next one, but I’m going to wrap this up now because I’m planning on having a sofa sleepover tonight with Michael; and I’m only writing this now while taking my turn getting ready for bed while Michael’s doing dishes downstairs and Rowen and Tim are straightening up the lounge and keeping an ear out for the kids.  I’m not getting out of all of that work either; so I really should get back on the job soon too.

There are lots of details from tonight that I haven’t included – like Tim’s occasional disappearances that involved checking out the college football bowl game action tonight; or the specifics from the play time that included rounds of hide-and-seek and other games that Rowen and I set up with holiday themes and prizes.  What is most-important, though, is that we had a lot of fun tonight – and that includes the babysitters.  A bit of Michael and me fun in the near future will be nice too, but I’ll have to let you know how that goes for us with the next update – assuming we don’t just end up falling asleep once we’re cuddled together for that sofa sleepover.

My Christmas song for tonight is another Fifth Harmony holiday tune that I hope you enjoy while I get started on what will hopefully be a really great end to my day!



Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!