Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Cassie's Journal - December 13, 2015



We’re having a rainy day around here, but that hasn’t really gotten in the way of anything that we were doing today; and I’m a very happy camper tonight as I’m writing this report and a half.  Since that does begin late yesterday afternoon; let’s start there and work our way through to now.

Once I was ready to go out – and for my sleepover – I went downstairs and met Mom in the kitchen to help out with our easy-dinner plans.  Easy didn’t mean no work at all, but we cleaned as we cooked; so there were only three place settings and a couple of bowls worth of dishes to wash up after we were finished our meal.  Dad had been working in the office until we had everything ready; we ate in the sunroom and I really enjoyed having that bit of alone time with Mom and Dad – something we really don’t get to do very often anymore.  What we talked about wasn’t really important at all – it was the being together that mattered; and I have another happy little cameo memory to keep forever.

My night at Michael’s house was filled with great memories.  Rebecca was set free from the Inn early so that she could get things set up for our fun night in; and Lucas picked her up from the Inn for the ride home – and so that he could help with the work.  I got there just a few minutes after they did, carrying my load of snack donations; and we got right to work.  Rowen and Tim joined us shortly after that; and it really didn’t take very long for us to have the living room, kitchen, and play room ready to go.  No, the second-floor room that Michael and Tim used to use all of the time for their video gaming and to hang out isn’t technically a play room; but it isn’t a lounge, family room, den, or office either; so I’m just picking a label – just as we were having a party last night; but it was really more of a hang-out night with our friends.

By the way, and before I get to that part of the update; I should have included the parental approvals that went into making this teen gathering possible with my report yesterday.  Michael and Rebecca were first up for that; since their parents were going to be stuck with the gang of teens in their house, and, according to Miranda; it worked because they were caught first thing in the morning while still half-asleep while getting ready to head over to the Inn to get ready for the breakfast rush.  She’s just kidding about that, but even if she wasn’t; the parents of the teens staying there last night for the sleepover were all very happy that Jacob and Miranda did approve our tentative plan.  My parents didn’t have a problem with losing one kid for the night; and getting rid of all of us was thanks to the twins and their friends colluding to make that happen for them.  My parents weren’t the only recipients of a kid-free night, but while Tim’s parents only need to get him out of the house for that; Patrick decided to go and spend the night with Scott instead of being home alone with his parents; and Lucas’ brother and sister opted for other overnight plans too so that their mother and father were temporarily child-less too.

Jenny and Peter were the fourth couple spending the night with us; and they came over at a bit before eight o’clock.  Michael wasn’t finished at the Inn yet; but he was still set free a bit early instead of being stuck there until close.  He made it home by eight-thirty; and we had other teen guests there by then too.  While it was just the eight of us having the sleepover; Rebecca, Michael, and Jenny all invited friends to stop in for part or all of the evening; and three of those teen couples were there when Michael got home.  Rebecca was having a social hour to start the night, but the first Christmas movie was started at a bit after nine o’clock; while video gaming was available upstairs; music and hanging out was an option in the kitchen and dining room; and fresh, if damp, air was an option outside on the back porch.

I was in the mood for Christmas movies, and Michael was happy to cuddle with me to do that for most of the night except for one video gaming break after the first movie ended.  There was a shorter intermission before the second movie started so that we could deal with things like washroom breaks; but Michael didn’t rejoin me in the living room until about thirty-five minutes into the Christmas chick flick that was Rebecca’s second choice for the night.  Rowen and Tim joined the movie-watching gang then too, and while she’d watched a lot of the first movie with us too; Tim had been with some of the football guys for most of the evening until then.  Rowen had split her time between the group he was with, the girl chat in the kitchen, and the movie-watching crowd; but she was ready to take it easy for the rest of the night by then.

Miranda and Jacob came home during that second flick, and while they stopped in for a visit with us – and with the other groups of teens; they also soon went off to bed instead of staying up late to hang out with us after a long day at the Inn and the shorter bit of play time they’d had with some friends at Sheldon’s between closing the Inn and coming home.  Our evening-only guests began to head home before the end of the second movie; though everyone watching it stayed through to the end – including the guys that were only watching it for the cuddle time with their girlfriends.

There was a blast of busy after that movie while Rebecca and Michael saw all of our friends out; and some of us helped with that while also cleaning up from the party.  I was busier with the work side of that; and Rowen, Jenny, and Peter helped me out with everything from dishwashing to cleaning up all of the rooms and packing up leftover snacks.  It was past-one by the time we were done and it was down to just the eight of us.  Jenny was exhausted – or professed to be; and so she and Peter were first to head up to their rooms.  I am sure that they didn’t stay in two rooms for very long; but I’m only basing that on my exceptional hearing and ability to count door openings and closings.  No, I didn’t go upstairs at all last night after that, but the only way they didn’t end up in the same room would be if they were both sleeping in the hallway – or in a different room with the door open. ;^)

Rebecca, Lucas, Rowen, and Tim joined Michael and me in the living room after we all got drinks; we started another movie; and had a wind-down chat while watching the show and cuddling with our respective boyfriend or girlfriend.  Within twenty minutes, Rebecca was dozing off; so Lucas convinced her to go up to bed.  Rowen and Tim waited a while to give them time to take turns using the bathroom; and then they headed up to bed too.  By then, Michael and I had no intention of going up to our rooms too; and Rowen knew that because she came back downstairs a few minutes later and draped a warmer comforter over us so that we’d stay warmer than we would have been with the throw blanket we usually used for cuddling emergencies.

With a house full of parents and teens, a major make-out session wasn’t an option, but we did have some quiet play time while watching the rest of the movie; and I really loved falling asleep in Michael’s warm, loving embrace.

Miranda’s wake-up call for us was a lot of fun; so were the good morning hugs and kisses; and then we were immediately thrown into the Sunday morning rush that was more than a little crazy with eight teens trying to get ready for church while also dealing with a major breakfast and clean-up.  As you might guess from that comment, Michael and I missed out on Tai Chi this morning; but we mostly made up for that with the work before and after breakfast.  There were so many highlights from that couple of hours or so that I can’t include all of them here; but let’s include a few of them for the record.

Number one on the list would be the video chat with Jake and Stephanie.  That entertainment was as much for the jokes and stories that Miranda had for them about our teen sleepover and party; but I loved hearing about their ongoing adventures in Europe too.  The sleepover jokes weren’t just limited to that video chat, and while teasing Michael and I about our sofa sleepover was entertaining for everyone; Miranda did make more than a few inferences about how many bedrooms were actually occupied all night – though she didn’t offer any proof or admonishments.  For their part, Rebecca and our friends managed to either be innocent or do a fair job faking it; and I’ll leave the rest of that train of thought to your imagination.

Just as a little aside, for the parents reading this in the future that have teens and might find the whole co-ed sleepover thing weird or wrong; let me just remind you that there are twenty-four hours in a day.  Midnight to eight in the morning aren’t really any more dangerous for what you might be worried about than the rest of the day could be for them.  I’m not going to suggest that every teen couple will be like Michael and me; but I am suggesting that you probably can’t stop these kinds of teen decisions no matter how much you’d like to have that ability.

Moving along, we did manage to eat, clean-up, get ready for church, and make it there on time.  We needed to drive there because of the rain; but had enough vehicles thanks to Lucas and Peter.  The part of the service we were in the sanctuary for was fun; and our Sunday school time was all about getting ready for the Christmas musical next Sunday night.  That was definitely a highlight of my day; and I was in a great mood when it was time to go home.  I did go home then instead of over to the Inn; and I’m taking the day off from working there because I really wanted to have an afternoon with my family instead – especially since I will help out more at the Inn over the holidays.

Violet and Dillon were with us for lunch, and while I didn’t mention it earlier because I didn’t really think about it at all; they spent the night at his house instead of ours last night.  That was partly for Mom and Dad; but then they were also having some friends over for the evening – along with Isabelle, Andrew, and some of their friends.  Dillon was going to the lab for part of the afternoon with Ehlana and Uncle Adam after lunch, so we had a quick and easy meal of soup and sandwiches; and then we headed over to the lab while Dad got to work in the office and Violet and Mom went over to Aunt Leanne’s house to hang out with her and the kids for a couple of hours.  I was part of the lab-going ‘we’ because I’d decided to spend that time with Ethan in the archives while Ehlana played in the lab with Uncle Adam and Dillon.  Ethan and I went up to the second floor with them for a visit and to hear about their latest projects; but then we went downstairs to the archives and played with Ethan’s books.

They already are his books, or I think of them as his; and Ethan loves the archives – and working with the books – especially the millennia-old books and scrolls.  Grandma Eleanor and Grandpa Grant still have a long way to go with their travel and work before all of the archives around the world will be moved here, but they are making progress; and the huge, two-floor archives here are filling up quickly.  Ethan and I had fun with that today because we worked on processing and storing one of the latest shipments; and the entertaining part of that was using our telekinesis to put all of those books away where they belong after meticulously cataloguing them and verifying that a digital archive version of each book had been created.  That last part was a bit redundant, since our chief volunteers had done that during their original visits to the archives; but Ethan is eventually going to also make sure that every digital copy and translation, where applicable, is perfect.

Yes, that’ll take decades to accomplish; but he loves his job and the challenges that go along with it!

We managed to get out of the lab by four o’clock once we dragged Ehlana and her research buddies from their work; that gave us time to get ready for dinner at the Inn; and Ethan, Ehlana, and I also watched a Christmas show in the lounge because we were doing the late buffet so that everyone in our collective families could come to the Inn too – if they wanted to join us for another amazing Jacob Stone buffet.  We had a gang with us for that, including quite a few members of Dillon’s family; and the bonus for me was that Miranda let Michael join us for his dinner once the first wave of food was delivered to the buffet tables.  I was on kid control for the meal, so we sat with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, Zack, Eli, and Leah while the parents spent time with their favorite collegians and had the younger cousins with them – or with grandparents.

That hour and a half of family fun and food was yet another highlight of my day, and I really loved getting to share that with Michael too; but eventually it was time for him to get back to work and for me to head home to the studying and work waiting for me there.  Dad needed to get home to work too, and still had a lot to get done – just as I had a fairly extensive to-do list.  Neither of us wanted to stay up all night doing that work, and Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana all had work or college exams that they could do too; so I used a time phase once we were all set up in the office with our computers, drinks, and Christmas snacks; and we kicked our work into high gear.  We were finished all of that work by ten o’clock; I kept my goodnight hugs and kisses short; and wrapped up my night with a time-phased soak in my Jacuzzi.

That’s why it’s still just-past ten-thirty as I write this; and I’m going to be sleeping before eleven o’clock because I’m tired enough to do that within minutes of finishing this report.  Before I do that, let’s take a quick look at the week ahead; and then I’ll wrap everything up with my Christmas song picks – and that is ‘picks’ tonight.

Dad will be in the city next week, so my Monday will start out early so that we can see him off to Crystal Springs.  While I know that Mom will need extra help this week, I’m booked to spend the evening at Michael’s tomorrow because his parents won’t be taking days off over the holidays except for when the Inn is closed; and we can’t do that tomorrow night because of our band and praise team practices.  That makes Tuesday night a problem for me too; but then Ethan, Ehlana, and I plan on talking Mom into going to the city for Tuesday and Wednesday anyway – and this time the surprise is for her because Dad’s in on it and has a Christmas dinner with the Malloys already set up for them.  Wednesday will be my last work day before taking as much of a break from the family business work and studying as I can until the New Year; and then the Christmas fun really kicks up a few notches on Thursday.

The school concert will be the highlight of the day on Thursday; the last game night of the year will be Christmassy and fun; though Michael and I will have to miss it for the dress rehearsal we’ll be busy with at the church for the Christmas musical.  I’m hoping that will go well and then Michael and I can have some alone time in the lounge ahead of the holidays; but we’ll see whether that happens or not.  Our weekend is sure to be busy, and while we don’t have any specific plans for the last day of school for the year; Mom and Dad have a Christmas party at Sheldon’s to go to on Saturday that Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I will be babysitting for – and we’ll be having a sleepover for that too.  Sunday will be busy with church, work at the Inn, and the Christmas musical; so I expect that I’ll need some of that holiday break time to rest up by a week from Monday!

We are going to be working on another amazing Christmas, and since music is going to be a big part of that for me again this year; let’s wrap this up with the bonus Christmas music choices I have for you tonight.  I’m still on a Christmas movie music kick; and my picks for tonight are all from George Canyon Christmas movies.  I hope that you enjoy the music, and if you like the songs; watch the movies too!









That should keep you entertained while I have a nice long winter’s nap; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!