Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, December 21, 2015

Cassie's Journal - December 20, 2015



Michael and I were able to end our day with a sofa sleepover in the lounge, and while Mom and Dad didn’t mention anything about it with a gang of kids around; there’s no way that they didn’t notice that Rowen must have fallen asleep while tucking Tim into his room for the night after leaving us in the lounge.  I don’t get to report any major or minor make-out sessions too, but that’s because Brianna woke up needing a diaper change; she wanted to cuddle and have a bottle after that; and she was still with us for the first part of our sofa sleepover.  That was really special for all of us, so I won’t regret the lack of alone time with Michael; and there was the added fun that went along with Mom and Dad finding us together there when they got back from Sheldon’s Pub.

They had fun teasing us about leaving Brianna with us for the night and then letting Aunt Leanne know that her baby girl had already had her first sofa sleepover with a boy.  While the eventual decision was to put Brianna back in her crib for the rest of the night after Mom and Dad had a bit of cuddle time with her too, they had already taken pictures of us; and that choice didn’t keep them from having fun with Aunt Leanne, Uncle Adam, and Brianna today.  Michael had the worst of the teasing, since he was ‘caught’ having a sofa sleepover with two beautiful girls, but he managed to survive the jokes; and is learning to handle moments like those better than he did when we were tweens.

Indoors Tai Chi was a bit crowded with Naomi and Aiden here for bonus exercise buddies, so Michael and I went with the same forms that everyone else was doing instead of trying to continue our Pushing Hands training.  That was fun – and also the last bit of quiet we had through until we arrived at church for the morning service.  Rowen and I were in charge of getting all of the younger girls ready for the day and fed; Michael and Tim did the same for the guys; and Mom, Dad, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Leanne tagged-teamed the kitchen work with the men cooking and the women cleaning up.  Mom and Aunt Leanne had some teen support for their job, so that wasn’t as bad as it might have been after feeding our gang; but it was still quite a challenge to get everything done and be at church on time.

The highlight for the start of the service at church was the welcome home hugs and kisses for my grandparents – at least for all of their kids and grandchildren.  They came home from Arizona yesterday; but didn’t get into town until late last night after getting to spend most of their last day in Arizona enjoying the comparative warm before coming to spend the Christmas holidays with us.  They look great, and while they were a bit tired this morning after the late night; the same could be said for the rest of us after a late night of babysitting or Christmas party fun.  I haven’t had time for any vacation stories from my grandparents yet, but I’ll get around to doing that story time with them sometime while they’re home.

For me, the main fun during the service and Sunday school was the work we did for the Christmas musical.  That was mostly getting things ready so that the sanctuary could be set up starting not long after the service ended this morning, and while Michael and I couldn’t stay to help out with that part of the work too; we did help to make sure that the transition from our normal sanctuary stage to scenes from Israel-past would be as easy as possible.  We couldn’t stay to do that with the rest of the volunteers because we needed to be at the Inn to help with the lunch rush, and while the service went long; I still took the time to run home and get changed before meeting Michael at the Inn.

Our day from that point until we needed to be back at the church was a lot of busy without much time for fun.  The Inn was full for lunch; the two buffet sittings started early because of the concert at the church; and Michael and I didn’t get much break time mixed in with all of the work.  I was eventually set free a bit earlier than Michael was so that I could go home and get cleaned up and changed before going on to the church; but that was only because my hair takes longer to dry after a shower than Michael’s does.  He went home for a quick shower and change too; and I met up with him there before we walked over to the church together.

For the record, since that statement earned us some teasing from Tim and a few of the other guys; I did not meet up with Michael in the shower.  The guys left the jokes there, though; so they didn’t find out that I was there in time to help Michael out with getting dressed; since he wasn’t done with that quite yet when I did get there. ;^)

While that was mildly fun, and I might have used a short time phase to allow us a bit more play time; we didn’t get side-tracked; and we were at the church in time for make-up and costumes – and the teen praise team warm-ups.  I’m not going to do a major review of the musical, since I’d rather leave the reviews for others; but I can report that we had a lot of fun putting on the show.  My duets with Michael were awesome too; and I’m only reporting that from the perspective of how wonderful it felt to do those duets with my boyfriend – though I’ll also modestly admit that we were pretty good too.  Including the pre-musical part of the show and the extended sing-along we did at the end of the musical; the show ran for a bit more than an hour.  For me, that time breezed by; and I hope that our congregation loved the musical as much as we loved putting the show on for them.

Since I’m about to move on from this part of my day, let’s include my Christmas song pick for the day – which is one of the few YouTube videos I could find of our musical.  Our rendition was definitely more teen-friendly than this one, with the comedic moments hammed up more than a little; but watching this video did help us with getting ready for our show; so that’s why it’s my Christmas entertainment choice for you tonight.  We also picked other songs for our sing-along; but that was mostly because we wanted that music to fit in with the rest of our holiday season music this year.



We had a reception after the musical, but before we – the teens, kids, and adult helpers – could get to that, we had some work to do first – including getting out of make-up and costumes; part of the sanctuary clean-up; and tear-down of the extra musical instruments and other tech gear that was on loan to us – like the lighting.  Michael and I didn’t even make it to the fellowship hall until a bit after nine-thirty; and the ‘party’ was more than half-over by then.  We were okay with that, since the delay helped to cut back on the one part of our singing together that makes us uncomfortable – the praise from our families and friends.  That isn’t because we’re shy or too-modest, but we don’t sing and play our music for the attention – we do it because we love music.

It’s late, so I should keep this story moving along.  Our day wasn’t done after the reception.  We needed to go over to the Inn after that so that we could help with the clean-up that had been on-hold while everyone was at the church.  That work still needed to be done to get ready for the Monday breakfast rush, and while Jacob and Miranda took a crew there after just a short break at the reception; we still needed to work there until shortly before midnight.  I went home with Michael; we had a bedtime snack and drinks with his parents and Rebecca; and then we had a bit of cuddle time together in the living room before I came home at a quarter-to-one.  Everyone at my house was sleeping by then, so I stopped in for kisses with Ethan and Ehlana on my way up to my room; I got changed and ready for bed; and then snuggled in for a mid-length winter’s nap with Mandy.

My computer work needed to come first, and thanks to some family business work that needed to be dealt with; I’ve been working on my computer for more than an hour now.  That’s not a very exciting way to end my day, but it needed to be done; and I’ve saved up one really great bit of news from today to make sure that my report for today ends on a high note.

Congratulations, Aunt Grace and Uncle Mark!

That’s unofficial, of course, but they’re going to have some amazing news for our family that they’ll get to deliver in time for Christmas – even though the actual gift delivery won’t arrive until sometime next August or September! ;^)

With that to look forward to next year, I can’t possibly top that with a look ahead at next week, so that’s all for tonight; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!