Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Cassie's Journal - December 22, 2015



Happy 15th Birthday, Marc!

I’m sure that it has been – especially when it’s also his first with new girlfriend, Gretchen!  Other than getting a gift to him, Michael and I weren’t involved in his big day at all, and while that would have been fun; we were also busy enough without the added bonus of a birthday party to fit into our schedules today.

The highlight of the day for me was the Christmas dinner at the Inn that Michael and I attended with my family.  Dad and Aunt Leanne were hosting the dinner and party that only included our families and the Nortons, and while we were officially with that group; Aunt Grace was also hosting the BMR Labs Christmas dinner with everyone really just one big happy group.  Before I go there, though; let’s do a micro-review of the rest of my day before the dinner party.

Tai Chi and breakfast were uneventful; I spent the morning helping Mom out around the house; and then worked the lunch shift at the Inn with Michael.  I had the afternoon off to play, and while Ethan, Ehlana, Michael, and I went outside for a while; we spent most of Michael’s afternoon break in my room and lounge playing video games and music.  Michael had to help with the dinner prep work at the Inn before getting to take the rest of the evening off to spend with me; but our dinner didn’t start until six-thirty anyway so that everyone could be there after finishing work for the day.  While Michael was busy with that, Mom, Ehlana, and I had fun getting ourselves appropriately beautiful for the occasion; though we stayed relatively casual with our clothing choices.

By the way, since I’m thinking about clothes – and shoes; let’s do a quick side-trip about something that came up in conversation today – heels and height.

I rarely think about it, but Michael and I – and most of our friends – have either reached or are closing in on our adult heights now.  That’s becoming more noticeable for me when I do wear heels; and it was a chat topic before dinner tonight because I was taller than quite a few of my favorite women attending the dinner.  That shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone, since I’m still about an inch shorter than Mom, but now that Michael’s four inches taller than I am at five-eleven; adding an inch or two with heels is an option that I wouldn’t have used when we were near the same height not all that long ago.  Maybe discovering that I’m taller is only annoying because I’m still fourteen for another month and a half or so, and that’ll be easier once I’m a bit older; but the issue was entertaining for a while tonight – even if I was on the receiving end of most of the jokes.

Getting back to the update, we were wrapping up our mini makeovers when Dad got home; and we were ready to go by the time he’d grabbed a shower and gotten changed – including having the gifts ready to go for Claire and her family.  Aunt Leanne had a bunch of little gifts for the youngest kids at both parties too; but I didn’t actually find out about that until we were at the Inn.  I met up with Michael in the kitchen; he’d already freshened up and gotten changed; and then we joined the gang in the dining room for the half-hour or so of socializing that we had time for before sitting down to dinner.  We didn’t have the only Christmas dinner party of the night; but we were collectively the largest group – mostly because Uncle Adam and Uncle Mark had invited all of the med center staff too; though that was at least partly because three-quarters of them had some involvement with the lab anyway.

I’m sure you can guess that Michael and I were on kid control duty for the evening; and we had help with that from Rebecca, Lucas, Emma, and Benjamin.  The bonus help was great, but it also meant that we weren’t at the same table with any other teens so that we could have teen or older kid supervision at each kid table.  Michael and I had Zack, Brianna, Leah, and Sebastian, and Caleb with us; though we had some parental support when needed.  To be blunt, Zack was bribed to be good; and actually managed to get through the meal without any major issues for us.  It’s a bit scary that he actually considers things like that while building his ‘public’ image, but it is also fairly entertaining to watch him work on that as seriously as he does – despite the fact that most of his current and future peers will not remember much about their toddler years once they’re all older anyway.

Dinner was pre-selected so that Jacob and Miranda could be ready for the big gang on a Tuesday night, and while Michael and I went with one of the special offers; the rest of our dinner companions went with fries, chicken strips, or baby food.  Brianna tried a bit of the pasta from my plate, and then ate more of it than her own meal; but that still wasn’t very much because she was more interested in everything that was going on around us than in eating – at least until we got to the dessert stage and she wanted some ice cream and cheese cake.  That part of the meal time was scary despite Zack being on his best behavior; and Michael and I spent as much time feeding and cleaning kids as we did eating our own desserts.

I’d have needed to apologize to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne for winding their kids up on sugar and sending them home after dinner, but that ended up being our problem anyway because Zack and Brianna wanted to come to our house after we wrapped things up at the Inn instead of going over to the bigger party at Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace’s house.  Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne left them with us to make an appearance at the other party first too; and then wrapped up their night at our house with the rest of the adults in the living room.  I hosted the kids and teens in the lounge; the boys played video games for an hour or so; and then we wrapped up our mini-party with a Christmas movie that helped to get most of the kids wound down and ready to sleep by the time their parents collected them and took them home for the night.

All of that was still fun for us; and Michael and I especially loved getting to hang out with Rebecca and Lucas – even if we were also busy keeping up with the rest of the kids.  Rebecca actually ended up going home with Lucas for the night, and while I was tempted to keep Michael too; we didn’t do that because we’d already booked a sleepover for tomorrow night that Ethan and Ehlana will have their best friends doing too so that we can spend the time with them ahead of the holiday weekend.  The Nortons were the last to leave at a bit before midnight, and while that was really late for them when Karl, Lucas, and Benjamin are used to being up very early; they really don’t get to enjoy parties very often – especially when they also have a teen designated driver available for the ride home.  Michael stayed to help with the post-party clean-up; we took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night; and then he headed home while I came up to my room again and got ready for bed.

Yes, there were a few goodnight kisses and hugs before he left, but Dad had a bit of work to do in the office, and Mom was still busy in the kitchen then; so there wasn’t an opportunity for any make-out sessions tonight.  I’ll see what I can do about making that up to Michael tomorrow night! ;^)

I’ve had a bit of family business work to deal with since getting into bed with Mandy and my computer, but no studying to do this week while we take a break from Magi lessons and I’m ready to move on to my next language in the New Year.  The computer and email checks took a while; but I have all of that finished now too.  Sleep is next up on my to-do list, and I am so ready to go there now; so let’s wrap this up with my Christmas song pick for today and call it a night.

I’ve already mentioned that one of my favorite Christmas albums for this year is a praise and worship album from Chris Tomlin.  Here’s another song that we’re using at our church; and I hope that you enjoy it as much as we have been over the past few weeks.



Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!