Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Cassie's Journal - December 4, 2015



We’ve had a really good day, and the highlight for me was the Pinehurst Christmas parade – and everything that went along with the band trip to our first Christmas parade.  Bonus decent weather was great too; though it was starting to get cool-enough by parade time for it to feel a bit Christmassy without being uncomfortably cold for either the participants or spectators.  That helped to make for a great turnout; and that was even more fun for us.

While our band adventure was far from the only thing going on in my life today, it was the biggest part of the fun; so I’m covering that news because I want to keep this update short so that I can get all of the sleep I can to be ready for our Christmas shopping trip in the morning.  My pre-school morning was fairly uneventful; and the highlights for action at school were two tests that I seriously doubt anyone else in my class would classify as a highlight at all.  Michael and I didn’t have any music practices today; mostly because our music teacher and her helpers needed to worry about the trip to Pinehurst – and Fridays are generally not a great day to throw in extra activities for kids that are all looking forward to the weekend anyway.

The bus rides to and from Pinehurst were a lot more fun for me; since I got to do them with Michael.  Tim isn’t in the band, so Rowen didn’t appreciate that as much as I did; but she still had fun hanging out with us – even though she wasn’t able to cuddle with Tim.  I get why Coach Robinson wouldn’t want his players distracted by girlfriends while traveling on game days; but those away game trips would be a lot more fun for all of us if we could travel with the team.

No, that won’t change; but it’s nice to think about! ;^)

Moving on, and as I think about the parade; there really isn’t anything particularly newsworthy to write about.  We really had a lot of fun, and I humbly think that we have a talented group of musicians in our band; so we sounded great too.  As usual, at least in my limited experience so far, we were heckled by quite a few of the Pinehurst football faithful along the parade route.  That wasn’t as emphatic this year; and I’ll guess it was simply because they won our annual match-up this year.

After we were finished the parade route, we were allowed an hour to wander around the little festival going on downtown; Michael, Rowen, and I played some games and enjoyed hot chocolate and Christmas treats; and then we headed home again.  Once back at the school, we helped with getting all of the school’s music gear put away in the music room.  Tim met up with us at the school and helped too, but then Rowen went home with him while Michael came home with me.  Mom, Dad, and the twins were still awake, so we had a visit with them before Michael and I took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night.  While we were at the parade, I missed out on dinner and a movie night at our house; along with the final meeting that Mom and Aunt Leanne had for getting the shopping trip ready for the morning.  Their guests had all gone home early because of tired out kids or to turn in early ahead of our big trip tomorrow, and even though Michael and I should have called it a night once the twins were in bed; we wanted a bit of cuddle and wind-down time before we were ready for that.

Mom and Dad hadn’t gone straight to bed when Ethan and Ehlana came up to their rooms, but they were in bed by the time that I saw Michael out on his way home by shortly after midnight.  I’d report that we had fun with a major make-out session, but we were both too tired for that by the time we snuggled together on the sofa in the lounge with Mandy; and settled for the cuddling and just a tiny bit of play time for two that was fun; but not even remotely hot.

Once Mandy and I were on our own, I took care of the usual bedtime computer checks; worked on a small family business issue that couldn’t wait until Monday; and answered several emails.  That’s pretty much it for today, and I really am tired out; so let’s wrap this up with my pick for Christmas song of the night.  This is still my favorite version of the song; and it’s also one of the Christmas songs that Michael and I love to sing together when we’re playing around for fun.  I hope you’ll love it too!



Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!