Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, December 18, 2015

Cassie's Journal - December 18, 2015



Waking up to below-freezing temperatures felt wintry even without any snow, and we had a very Christmassy sort of last day of school; but the rest of my day wasn’t exactly the most exciting start ever-so-far to my Christmas holidays.

Tai Chi this morning was good, and so was breakfast for five with Mom, Michael, Ethan, and Ehlana; so my day did get off to a great start.  Most collegians might not think that their day was very good to write two final exams in one morning; but I’m sure that Ethan and Ehlana did have fun as they wrapped up their unofficial fourth year of college and earned their Bachelor’s Degrees while I mostly played at school until we were set free for the next two weeks with the usual, customary early release.  The movies and class party was great; but most of the rest of my day has been all about working with only the entertainment that goes along with helping out at the Inn and at home adding any holiday fun to the mix.

Michael and I took a break between school and helping out with the dinner rush at the Inn, but it’s an all-hands-on-deck weekend; so full days off are not an option for Michael.  They won’t be for Rowen either as she helps out with the Christmas rush between now and next Thursday; so Tim’s putting in extra time at the shop too.  They’re busy-enough with the extra auto servicing and winter tune-ups right now; but that really just helps to keep all of the mechanics busy while they have less work to do for the farms during the winter.  Lack of work won’t be a problem at the Inn through until the New Year; and we had a full house in the dining room tonight as the Christmas parties began in earnest.

I was happy to help out with that, and spend the time with Michael, Rebecca, Jenny, and the rest of the gang working the Inn tonight; but I did have to trade that off with missing out on the family meal and the early evening parts of the dinner and holiday cooking night that Mom and Dad hosted tonight.  Okay, Mom hosted it on her own until Dad got home from the city, and he missed the dinner too; but our house was home base for the cooking this time so that Aunt Leanne didn’t have to deal with that extra work along with everything else she has on the go right now – including dealing with some extra property closings and rental moves that her customers all want to have done in time for Christmas or year-end.

Compared to that kind of wheeling and dealing, or Dad’s lawyer work; helping out on the prep line or washing dishes at the Inn is easy.  Don’ take that the wrong way, since most of the jobs at the Inn are physically challenging, and working the dining room comes with a whole host of issues; but I also don’t think of my work there the way I do about my family business job.  Maybe I would if Michael and I could do that work using our Magi gifts, but that isn’t ever going to happen; so let’s not go there – especially after a night where we’ve washed a lot of dishes the old-fashioned way – with industrial-size dishwashers! ;^)

That’s really only half-true, by the way; since we scrub a lot of the cookware by hand; but I don’t really want to go there right now either.

I helped out at the Inn until the major dinner rush was finished, and then I came home to help out with the cooking there.  Spending that time with Dad, my aunts, uncles, and cousins was great too; so I really loved being home for that – even if we did do a lot of work too.  Michael stayed at the Inn until close, and he’s working the breakfast buffet that Jacob and Miranda are offering tomorrow; so he didn’t come over after work tonight.  That’s too bad for us, and made sure that our Christmas vacation didn’t begin with any kind of make-out time; but that trade-off is so that he doesn’t work until close tomorrow night – and can instead help out at my house with our babysitting services instead.

We are going to have quite a gang of kids here for that, so I’d better wrap this up and get all of the sleep I can to be ready for another long day.

The cooking wrapped up at around ten o’clock; though the oven was in use until the last batch of baked dishes was finished at ten-thirty.  Our cooking helpers were all at their own homes by then; I had the twins in bed; and I was in my Jacuzzi before Mom or Dad took care of that last batch of cooking.  My tub time was relatively short, so I was in bed with Mandy and my computer by about a quarter-past eleven.  I’ve only done my basic bedtime computer and email checks before starting this report; so I’ll be in nap mode before midnight for sure.  I don’t have any news from around the family or elsewhere; so all that’s left for this update is my Christmas song choice for the day.

My cousins watched the Holly and Hal Moose Christmas show tonight, and it’s becoming an annual favorite for lots of kids around here, so while this song isn’t really very Christmassy at all; I’ll include it in the list again this year for my favorite siblings, cousins, and their friends.



Maybe Michael and I should have done this song for our duet at the Christmas concert this year!  Moose antlers would have been easy, and while Mom probably wouldn’t let me make Michael fly too; it still could have been fun.

There’s always next year! ;^)

That is all I have for tonight, and I really will need to be at full power to keep up with a gang of kids tomorrow night; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!