Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Cassie's Journal - December 12, 2015



This is going to be a half-report because I won’t be able to write about the best part of my day until tomorrow night.  I’m currently getting ready for my teen Christmas play night that Michael and Rebecca are hosting, and since that includes a sleepover; I don’t expect to have time to write this update later tonight – and don’t even plan on taking my computer with me.  I will include all of the news with my Sunday report, and since that’s just a digital page flip for you reading this in my future; I’ll be the only one waiting around to find out what happens in ‘real’ time.

The rest of my day so far has been pretty good; so let’s get started on that news.

Tai Chi this morning was by the river and shorter than usual because Michael and I didn’t have a lot of time before we needed to be at the school to help out with getting the bus loaded with our band gear.  He stayed for our quick breakfast; though Mom and Dad made sure it was a hot meal too by whipping up a quick batch of pancakes for us without any of the usual sides.  Hot chocolate helped to warm us up too; so we were good to go when Rowen first stopped in to meet up with me; and then we caught up with Michael at his house after he’d gone home to quickly shower and get ready for the day too.  We only had about a quarter of the band members at the school early to help out with the work; so we barely got everything done by the time we needed to load up and head for Maple Valley.  Yes, most of us take care of our own instruments, but we still needed the music stands; music; and all of the larger instruments.  That includes boxes of percussion gear; and they use quite a few instruments beyond just the basic drum set for our Christmas parades.

The bus ride was a blast, and while teen chat time was a big part of that; we also had fun singing Christmas songs and playing a couple of games.  Once we were in Maple Valley at the staging grounds for the parade it was time to get to work again, but with the full band there; it didn’t take that long to get our trailer set up and ready to go.  We followed that blast of work with our warm-up; and then we had time to wander around, get drinks and snacks, and enjoy the entertainment that always goes along with every parade set-up.  The actual parade start time was ten o’clock, and while rain was forecasted to start this morning; it was still dry and comfortably cool when we were back on our trailer and ready to head out onto the parade route.

Maple Valley’s parade was a bit smaller than the one in Pinehurst last weekend, but not by much; and the night time parade feels different anyway.  The crowds lining the parade route were just as large and enthusiastic; and I’m sure that the weather had everything to do with the great turnout again today.  Once again, yes, I want a white Christmas; but parades are more fun to play musical instruments in when it’s fifty or sixty degrees out than when it’s snowing and ten or fifteen degrees below freezing.  As with Pinehurst, our band gets some razzing from the teens and other football fans because of our team rivalry, but we have fun with that most of the time; since the boos and cat-calls are generally delivered for the entertainment value.

My family had a fairly large group of kids and parents at the parade; and passing them along the way was great too; since my brother, sister, their friends, and our cousins made sure that we heard their cheers of support as we played our hearts out for them.  Naomi and Aiden were still with Ethan and Ehlana – and still are now; though Ethan will eventually be spending the night with Aiden while Ehlana has a sleepover with Naomi.  I’ll have to pass on any news from those sleepovers tomorrow too, and don’t expect to include any news about the kid-free night that Mom and Dad have ended up with, but instead of going there; let’s continue with the parade part of the report.

Small town parades are never particularly long routes, so our actual playing time was only about forty minutes – including a few bonus minutes at each end of the route.  Considering how much time goes into the work and drive time, that seems more like a break in the rest of the action, but we did a great job; and it’s nice to be able to play at our best for the entire parade.  That’s probably not possible for big city parades that have long parade routes.  Once we were finished with the music part of our morning, it was time to load up the bus again; and then we were set free to go and enjoy the Christmas festivities going on downtown.

Rowen, Michael, and I stuck together, and while Tim was there too with his Dad, Uncle, and some of the guys from the shop that were all driving trucks and trailers or farm equipment in the parade; he wasn’t able to meet up with us until after the parade had ended and they’d finished dealing with most of the equipment.  That was before we met up with Mom, Dad, and the rest of my family; but then we didn’t get to spend much time with them anyway while we were still there.  We played a couple of games with them and stopped to pick up drinks and Christmas treats, but then Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I went off to do our own thing until we had to either meet up with the band at the bus or for Tim to go home with his father in one of the trucks that were now loaded with one of the tractors that had been used in the parade.

The line-ups to see Santa were too long for us to have time for that, but we did play more games; did a bit of shopping to pick up some Christmas treats for our sleepover tonight; and Rowen and I each bought a couple of little stocking stuffers that were being sold at a charity booth.  It took a while to get everyone rounded up, and we had a few teens push the limits a bit by meeting up with us twenty minutes later than ordered; but we did eventually make it home without losing anyone.  After helping out with the post-trip work too, I still made it home before Mom and Dad were home with their gang – even after walking Rowen to the computer store and leaving Michael at the Inn with hugs and kisses before he went inside to get to work.

The rest of my afternoon until now has actually been fairly quiet.  I did some housework on the third floor; ran a couple of loads of laundry; and had a bit of play time with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden before they headed out to Naomi’s house.  They’re having dinner there; and then they’re going to decide what to do for the rest of the evening after that.  While we’d dodged the rain for the parade and festival in Maple Valley, we have been getting rain for a while now – as of me writing this – and it’s expected to continue through until late tomorrow morning or early afternoon.  Hopefully I’ll be able to dodge over to Michael’s house during a break in that rain; but I won’t know about that for a while yet either; since I’ll be having dinner with Mom and Dad before going over there to meet up with Rebecca and help her with getting everything ready for their guests.

I guess that’s really it for now anyway, so I’ll wrap this up with the Christmas song pick; finish getting ready for my night out; and then go and help Mom with making the easy-dinner we’re planning on having so that we won’t have a major clean-up to deal with before I leave.

Let’s not think about what my parents might prefer to be doing once I’m out of here! ;^)

Christmas chick flicks are going to be part of the entertainment tonight, and while I’m not going to suggest this particular movie, I am continuing the Hallmark movie songs with this choice because I really do love the musical moments in those holiday shows.  Add in that I can totally picture Michael playing and singing this song the same way – and looking just as hot doing that, and I’m sure that the girls reading this will understand why I like this version of the Christmas classic.  For the guys that just feel weird about that – including Michael; I am so not sorry!  You are reading my journal; so sometimes you’re just going to be stuck with the reality that guys occasionally do not understand girls at all – even though I’d like to think that my journals might help out with that just a bit.

Anyway, here’s the song; and I hope that you do like it – even if that isn’t for the same reasons that I do! ;^)



Maybe I’ll see about some music time with Michael, Rebecca, and our friends tonight too, though what I’m actually picturing for Michael right now is the two of us having a sofa sleepover later if we can swing that when his parent are going to have a house full of teens spending the night there.  Some of our best friends might not have a problem with sneaking into the ‘wrong’ bedroom, but we’re not in that group of adventurers – no matter how much it might be nice to think about spending the night cuddled with Michael in his room or mine.

I’ll let you know whether a sofa sleepover works out for me tomorrow night too, but that really is it for tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!