Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Cassie's Journal - December 27. 2015



The snow has been falling for a while now as I write this; and the weather forecast really changed things up for us around here as our guests opted for an early departure and a lot of locals spent the rest of the day getting ready for the storm.  I know that I was a bit disappointed over not having a white Christmas, but I don’t remember asking Mother Nature to make that up to me by dumping the snow on us a foot at a time! ;^)

It remains to be seen how much snow we actually get; but I’ll guess that clearing snow from the driveway and sidewalks is going to be in my future tomorrow morning.

For today, I’m going to keep this report fairly short so that I’ll be ready for whatever snow play and work we’ll be dealing with in the morning.

Tai Chi was fun, and breakfast was awesome because I ended up having that meal with Michael and his family instead of mine.  The clean-up work was about the same as it would have been here; though I will note that Michael, Rebecca, and I didn’t have any help from their aunt, uncle, or cousins.  Michael and I had to be at church a bit early too, so we were a bit rushed to get there on time for the teen praise team warm-up.  We weren’t leading the entire service; but we did lead the first section of the praise music before the adult praise team took over for the rest of the service.  The hour and a half or so that we spent at the church was fun and busy; but nothing compared to the work at the Inn as we got set up for the first buffet at noon.

That was especially crazy for Miranda because she also ended up shuffling some cancellations and replaced all of those customers with new walk-in guests that would have normally just been turned away.  While the ‘fun’ stores would normally be busiest on a holiday weekend Sunday afternoon; the snowstorm forecast changed that too; and it was the grocery store, Emporium, and Hardware stores that were busiest today as everyone got ready for any issues that might come with the storm.

While that first buffet was still sold-out, there were more cancellations for the second buffet at three; and that sitting was harder for Miranda to fill with walk-ins.  The good news there was that Michael and I were able to take a bit of extra time off between the first and second buffet so that we could do a quick round of goodbye hugs and kisses with our collective families.  Rebecca drew the job of helping her family to pack and load up their vehicles after having one last meal at the Inn at noon, so she had more time off; but Michael and I were still there in time to help with part of that work.  We didn’t need to do that with my family; and all of the goodbyes were fairly quick.  The feel of those partings was very different for Michael’s family and mine; but I’ll skip the commentary on why his family doesn’t feel the same way about our home town as most of the members of my family does.

It was back to work at the Inn once we were done with that, and I only wish that I could have also helped Mom with all of the work that needed to be done around the house after having a house full of guests.  I helped with dishwashing for most of the rest of the day except for getting the third buffet food ready to go at six o’clock; and I stayed until close – which was a bit earlier than expected thanks to a low turnout for the last buffet.  We did get some bonus store owner families for that buffet; but only because that was faster for them than going home and cooking a meal before getting to the pre-storm preparations and holiday weekend clean-up.

A sofa sleepover with Michael was very tempting, but I had a lot of work to do on my computer tonight; so I came home after just a short bedtime visit with his parents and Rebecca – and a too-short round of goodnight hugs and kisses out on the front porch while the snow was softly falling around us.  That was a bit magical, but we were also both really tired by then; and I’ll appreciate the moment more tomorrow.  Mom and Dad were still awake and working in the office when I got home, but the twins had already turned in for the night.  I had a short chat with my parents; stopped in on the way up to my room to give Ethan and Ehlana kisses that they didn’t wake up for; and then I spent some quality time in my Jacuzzi while multi-tasking my work.  I used a time phase for that – and stayed in a time phase until all of my work and usual bedtime computing was finished so that I didn’t need to stay up half the night to do that.  The work was challenging and it felt great to get everything done; but I’ll again appreciate the accomplishments some other time when I’m not just ready to crash and nap for eight or ten hours.

Time phasing is going to allow me to be asleep by midnight, so getting that much down time isn’t going to happen; but six or seven hours is way better than the two or three I’d have been able to have if I’d worked at normal speed.  That is all of the news I have for today, though, and going to sleep now is an option; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!