Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, November 8, 2013

Cassie's Journal - November 8, 2013



I seriously doubt that in any distant future there will be anyone in Witch Falls that cares about the results of our football team’s first playoff match of twenty-thirteen; but it’s the only news in town tonight – and yes – we won!

It would be nice to report that it was a great game too, except that would only apply from the perspective of our players, coaches, and fans.  Winfield Farms only managed two field goals to our sixty-three points; and they were overpowered by Kyle and our defense right from the opening kick-off through to the last play of the game – a blocked hail-Mary pass attempt that Kyle chose to knock down instead of putting one more big hit on their beleaguered quarterback.

While the Winfield Farms offense was pretty much crushed tonight, their defense played hard, and might even have been a match for our offense if they didn’t play nearly the entire game on short fields.  I wouldn’t give any team much of a chance when their opponent gets to start more than half of their offensive drives within a stone’s throw of field goal range.  We had quite a few field goals too – all of them in the second half while we tried not to run the score up on Winfield Farms without being too embarrassingly obvious.

On the personal side of the game, Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I had a blast tonight.  We went to the Inn for a burgers and fries dinner; cheered ourselves hoarse during the game; and then got to make an appearance at the post-game party thanks to Tim’s family connection with the hosts.  Sarah and Lee Landry live in the Landry ‘family’ home in the south-east corner of town – one of the few, big estate houses on Ridge Road.  While I’d never trade the river view we get at our house, the Landry’s do have a spectacular view of the valley to the south of town from their house – even at night.  Maybe especially at night with the incredible night sky and nothing in the way of that starry panorama.

I haven’t been in the house very often before – just a couple of times with Carolyn during baseball season; so it was fun just to hang out there – even though we were the youngest guests there; and didn’t get much attention from the older teens.  After Marcie’s party on Thursday, it was also interesting to compare the action tonight to that.  I’ll chalk up the guy-weird to adrenaline overload from winning the game, but I really hope that it wasn’t just the heightened testosterone level that had Jenny and some of the other girls going half-mental too.

Note to Michael – though it won’t matter by the time you get to read my journals:  Don’t include any of the girlfriend action we witnessed tonight in your football glory plans; because that is never going to happen with you and me.  Not ever.

Okay, not ever in public. ;^)

I also won’t be cooing, giggling, or lavishing you with asinine, ego-boosting platitudes.  That stuff weirds me out as much as the teen guy antics do.

Let’s not go any further down that mental trail and get back to the victory party news.  The party didn’t really get started until the players got there, and we – Michael, Rowen, and I – only stayed until eleven o’clock; but that was long enough to make some teen observations that probably won’t surprise any parent reading this in the future.

Teen guys in general can consume vast quantities of food, but it’s truly scary to watch an entire football team descend on a buffet table after burning several thousand calories in a big game.  The parents of the senior players must really be looking forward to their boys going off to college just for the relief they’ll get from the grocery bills.  Those savings might even more than pay for the cost of their residential halls; since those rates are at least averaged out for all students.

It’s not as surprising to me that the guys were still really fired up and ready to party too – anyone as hyper-active as I am can relate to how long it can take to wind down even after expending a lot of energy.  I’m glad that they had fun, but loud and boisterous is never going to be my thing either, and while Tim jumped right in; Michael and Rowen mostly joined me on the fringe of the party.  That might sound boring, and maybe it is; but that’s just how it is for Michael and me.  Rowen would love to be as outgoing as Tim is; dreams of it; and then the shy kicks in every time – a double-whammy when it happens both around Tim and with older, cooler teens.

When you read this and are looking back, Rowen, don’t forget that where you are in my now is also a long way from the girl who spent most of her spare time at the library or computer store before meeting me.  I’ll also guess that you’re laughing at this teen you compared to your future self – and ditto that for my now and future.  For the record, though, if I end up in some happy medium between being like my Mom and Aunt Leanne; I’ll be a very happy camper.

Speaking of them, they spent the evening having dinner and a chick flick night at Aunt Leanne’s house with most of the women in the family and the babies.  They opted for that while most of the guys took Ethan and Ehlana to the football game.  They didn’t sit with us – or we didn’t sit with them – this time; but we did have a couple of visits together at the end of the first quarter and during half-time.  Ethan and Ehlana had Naomi and Aiden with them while Philip and Nathan hung out with the rest of the Dads.  I’m sure that they had a fun time at the game too, but Mom, Dad, and I were all tired by the time I got home; so we decided to save trading stories about our evening until morning.

That’s also why I’m writing this before midnight; and skipped doing anything more than the basic nightly computer checks after getting changed and into bed with Mandy – I’m ready to get some sleep.

The main reason Michael, Rowen, and I left the party early was because Michael is making up for missing his Thursday night at the Inn by helping out with the breakfast rush tomorrow in addition to his regular noon and dinner shifts.  That works out okay for Rowen and me because we have one last big fall clean-up day to deal with – or at least we can hope it’ll be the last.

I haven’t written anything about the rest of my day, but getting recharged and ready for all of that work seems like a much better idea than dragging this report out – and I guess there really wasn’t anything particularly newsworthy going on today other than the football game.  Yes, I want to include the every day details of my life in these journals, because I think they’re just as important as writing about all of the cool Magi things we can do; but I’m also a teenage girl, and reserve the right to change my mind about what I want to do at any given time.

Deal with it; because that’s everyday normal too!

I really do want to crash and snooze for a while now, so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!