Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cassie's Journal - November 24, 2013



Our day started out with some fun when we woke up and noticed that Violet hadn’t made it home last night.

For the record, I’m okay with my cousin setting that kind of precedence for me; since there’s a very good chance that it will be very useful to me in the future.  She had needed to come home and get clothes to wear to church; but we’d already exercised; had breakfast; cleaned the kitchen; and gotten ready to go by the time she joined us.  Aunt Leanne was happy to tease Violet about her sleepover at Dillon’s house, and I had fun with that too – right up until Aunt Leanne found out that I’d had two boys all alone in the lounge with me last night; and then the jokes suddenly weren’t quite so entertaining.

Then there was the added problem that Rowen was with us while I was being teased; and I needed to explain why Michael and Tim were hanging out with me last night, and why she hadn’t been invited too, without telling her anything about what we had really been doing.  I didn’t – and wouldn’t – lie to her, and it wasn’t tough for her to make the guess about why she’d been excluded, but she also didn’t know if that was good or bad; and I couldn’t really help her with that little problem without giving too much of the surprise away.

That scene happened before the service started, and it was cold enough this morning that most people drove to church unless they lived very close – which is why we had the family and friends meet and greet there instead of collecting the usual gang as we walked there.  With the Thanksgiving weekend now only days away, pretty much every kid and teen in Sunday school helped out with the last touches on everything the teens would need for the service next Sunday.  It’s also the first Sunday in Advent this year; so the program the teens are putting on has a lot packed into it; and it’s going to be one of the longest Sunday service they’ve done since I’ve been here – not including the Christmas pageants.

I know that the usual group of teens that are the main actors and musicians for these teen-led specials are already working on that Christmas show too, but it must seem a bit crazy for them that there will only be three Sundays between the two big shows to finish getting ready for the second one – including the Sunday of the Christmas pageant.  Michael is sure to be drafted next year, so I’ll probably find out what it’s like for myself over the next four years too.

Moving along, the most fun I had at church was working on Rowen’s birthday surprise – no easy job when trying to do that without Rowen finding out what I was doing.  Hopefully we’ll be able to keep it a surprise, but after adding a handful of co-conspirators to the plan; I’m not sure whether that’ll happen or not.  The good news is that I was able to make the parental approval and travel requests while we were at church; and had confirmation for both by dinnertime.  Sally’s parents were happy to help us out, and while Patricia had mixed feelings about her baby being away for most of her birthday; she was happy that we wanted to do something big for Rowen while she and Owen were going to be busy at the computer store all day anyway.  Mom booked the extra hotel room for Rowen and me at the same hotel the Landrys – and most of the other players and families – were staying at; so Michael, Tim, and I really only need to deal with finalizing the non-football entertainment parts of our surprise.

The rest of my day has pretty much been all fun.  We’ve have Violet and Dillon with our family for most of the afternoon and evening.  They had lunch with us – and Grandma and Grandpa.  We spent most of the afternoon at our house, and had quite a few guests stopping by for visits.  Rowen came over for the afternoon too, and when we weren’t hanging out with Violet, Dillon, and everyone else; we were doing our homework in the lounge with Michael and Tim while Michael was on his afternoon break.  I didn’t help out at the Inn today because we were doing a family and friends buffet dinner there; and followed that up with a couple of hours of fun time at Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam’s house.

Violet ended up agreeing to spend the night there; mostly so she could have extra time with Aunt Leanne and Zack, and while I’m sure they’ll have fun; I’m trying not to think about the fact that she’ll only have two more sleeps here before heading to Woodvale with Dillon for the Thanksgiving weekend – assuming she actually stays with us both nights.  I’d invite Dillon to stay here to make sure that happens, but his parents must be feeling the same way as I am; so I won’t even suggest it.

While I missed getting to spend the time with Michael tonight, it was nice to come home and get an early start on my usual school night activities.  Mom did a Magi lesson with Ethan, Ehlana, and me before we did the bedtime routine and while Dad was getting some work done in the office.  I was in my room and working on my computer by shortly after ten; and that’s why it’s just coming up on midnight now as I’m finishing this update.  I did my archive homework, but skipped the language studies; and only spent a half-hour or so on family business work.  With the big testing week finished, and only three days to the holiday weekend; it should be a fairly easy few days.

Easy won’t mean quiet.  We have a birthday to plan for; I hope we’ll have more time to hang out with Violet; there’s still work to do to get ready for Thanksgiving; and every store in town will be getting ready for one of the biggest shopping weekends of the year.  I really do want to be ready and fully charged for all of the work and fun, so I guess that’s it for tonight; and I’m out of here.  Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!