Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cassie's Journal - November 23, 2013



It was very cool waking up to see Violet and Mandy cuddled together and sleeping in the bed next to me; and the warm tinglies stayed with me as I got ready for Tai Chi, left them sleeping, and went downstairs to put a pot of coffee on to brew while waiting for Michael to come over for Tai Chi.

Violet didn’t sleep through that because Ethan and Ehlana pounced on her for an enthusiastic wake-up call, but she did stay cuddled in bed with Mandy while we exercised; and didn’t get up until we’d headed downstairs to either take turns getting ready for the day or to start making breakfast.  Michael stayed for breakfast so that we could both spend some more time with Violet; and that gave us a chance to at least start talking about Rowen’s birthday – and ways that we might work that out with the Championship game trip that Michael was sure that he and Tim would be going on.  We have a tentative solution; but I’ll get to that in a bit with the evening part of the update.

We’ve had a busy work day, but I really loved having Violet home; and she couldn’t even come close to covering three months worth of college stories during breakfast as she kept the rest of us entertained for almost an hour.  I’m sure than no one reading this would be surprised to know that she and Dillon have both changed because of the new experiences overload they’ve been on almost constantly since moving away to school, but being a bit more worldly and wise hasn’t changed who they are; and Violet seemed especially glad to be home and out of the rat race for a while.

A lot of the work was fun today, and I got started on that after seeing Michael out with a hug and kiss; grabbing a shower; and getting ready for the day once we’d finished breakfast.  Michael and I had been cook assistants, so I wasn’t on the kitchen clean-up crew; and instead started my chores out with a third-floor clean-up.  We really did have a lot to do today, so I cheated; and had those chores finished – and a first load of laundry running in the washing machine – before the breakfast clean-up was finished.  From there, I did the same on the second floor, and had Ethan and Ehlana help me while doing a mini Magi lesson with them while we cleaned their rooms and the guest bathroom.  Violet joined us for part of that just because she didn’t get to play like that at school; and then we all helped Mom with the main floor before I went outside to help Dad with the chores we needed to get done around the yard and in the storage barn.

We had a time limit for that work because Mom, Dad, and I were booked to help Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne with getting their house ready for the holiday weekend.  While our families are away for Thanksgiving this year, Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne have Barb and Corey Collins staying with them for the weekend.  That really doesn’t make for a lot of extra work, but after six weeks where Zack has been his parents’ top priority; the to-do list was long; and we kept busy through until dinnertime – except for the family lunch we had that Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Mark, Aunt Grace, Uncle Nick, Aunt Deborah, and Dillon joined us for.

That lunch meal was the last time I saw Violet or Dillon today because they’ve been with his family since then.  The Carrington homestead and estate grounds were sparkling clean by dinnertime; and we celebrated with a country stew and Olde Bakery sub bun sandwiches dinner for eight – though Zack demanded his own, specialty meal instead of having what the rest of us were eating.  Aunt Leanne was getting grandparent support tonight from Uncle Adam’s parents; so Mom and Dad took Ethan, Ehlana, and me home when they came over after closing the Emporium for the night.  We’d finished the clean-up by then, but had the table set for two and the food ready to go so Uncle Adam could feed his parents too after their long day at the store.

I’m sure they’ve had a fun night with Zack, but I’d classify my evening as really great.  The Jacuzzi time right after we got home was a really good start to that, and then it got even better when Michael brought Tim along with him so that we could make plans for Rowen’s birthday.  Michael had been set free from the Inn early too, so the hour or so we spent talking with Tim didn’t even cut into our Saturday night alone time – bonus!

Having some happy dreams about that will be nice once I do get around to sleeping; but let’s get back to talking birthdays before I get distracted.  Tim and Michael are going to the Championship game next Friday; and they’ll be staying overnight so that the players on our team can attend some of the other championship games and other events going on for the players and coaches.  They’re going with Lee and Sarah because Tim’s parents need to stay home and run the shop – business will be busy for them too on the holiday weekend.  Rowen’s going to be very unhappy when she finds out that the boys are going to be away for the entire day, and I’ll try to help her out with that, but if we get full approval for our birthday surprise; I’ll have to let Rowen be disappointed for the next six days.

So here’s the plan, pending full parental approval.  Rowen and I will go on the trip too; we’ll watch some football; and then celebrate Rowen’s birthday by going out to dinner and spending the evening at a sports entertainment center while the players and coaches are busy with their own events.  I already have parental approval for me, and we don’t think that Rowen’s parents will have a problem; since they’ll be busy all weekend at the computer store too.  Tim’s aunt and uncle don’t have room for four, so I’m going to talk to Sally Reynolds and her parents about getting a ride with them, since both of her brothers are on the team; and they’ll be going to the game too.  If they have room for two; we’ll be good to go.

The absolute best part of the plan, and the reason I didn’t need to knock any sense into the boys, is that we’re going to spring this on Rowen by having Tim invite her to go with him as his date for the trip.  I don’t really have any doubt that this plan will work out; and I can hardly wait to see Rowen’s reaction.  Once we’d talked about everything we wanted to do, and did a little online research for things like restaurants and that sports entertainment center; Tim headed home so that Michael and I could get started on our movie and alone time.

We had a short delay before getting to that while we did the bedtime snack and story with Ethan and Ehlana, but after tucking them in for the night; I led Michael up to the lounge and spent some quality time making sure that he knew how happy I was about what he and Tim were going to be doing to help make Rowen’s birthday her best ever so far.

Close your eyes and sing some la-la-la’s if you don’t want that mental picture; and you might want to skip the next paragraph while you’re doing that.

Michael and I may have a fair bit of physical maturing to do, but we like what we see about each other; and saw quite a bit again tonight.  That may sound really funny for anyone reading this in the future who knows us as adults, but Michael is in really good shape both from being active and years of helping out at the Inn; and I am my mother’s daughter – as well as being active and blessed with a hyper-metabolism.  I’m sure we’ll continue to fumble around and have lots of awkward moments as we learn how to play together, but we also get to do that together; and being Magi does give us quite a few advantages over other teen couples.  Some of those advantages; and my extra enthusiasm tonight is why I’m ranking tonight’s make-out session a ten out of ten on the hot scale.  Maybe it’s a good thing that we don’t get alone time more often!

Okay, you can open your eyes and take your fingers out of your ears now – if anyone actually did that.

Michael needed to be home by midnight, and though we would have liked to spend more time together; I did make sure that he was happily tired out by then.  Oops – maybe I should have mentioned that before telling you it was safe to open your eyes.  Anyway, I saw him out and watched him walk home from the front porch; though we talked to Mom and Dad for a minute before he left.  They’d been in the office, and were packed up and ready to go to bed by the time I got inside again.  They hadn’t been staying up late for me – or for Violet.  Dad was just trying to get some of his work done so he could have a little extra play time tomorrow; and Mom worked on the family business while he was busy anyway.

I’ve only done the basic nightly computing since getting changed and into bed with Mandy, so it’s only a bit after twelve-thirty now.  Violet isn’t home yet, but while it would be nice to have another bedtime chat with her; I’m ready for some down time – and the Michael and me dreams I plan on having while getting a decent sleep tonight.  With Violet here until Wednesday morning; Thanksgiving; and Rowen’s birthday and championship football on Friday, this is going to be an awesome last week of November; and I’ve decided to change my own work schedule so I can get the extra rest I’ll need to enjoy all of the fun we’re going to have – starting right now!

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!