Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cassie's Journal - November 19, 2013



Zack and I are multi-tasking tonight.  He wants to party after having his bottle, so I’m writing this with the help of a little Magi power while carrying him around his room and trying to get him to go back to sleep again.  Of course, he’s fascinated by the whole telekinetic computing thing, and has been happily chatting away with me telepathically since waking up; so it may be a while before he runs out of steam again.

We’ve had a pretty good day around here.  With Mom getting ready to go to Crystal Springs this morning, along with the usual Tuesday morning routine, she and I were running pretty much non-stop from the time we got up for Tai Chi until I left for school.  She probably didn’t get a break until she was on the road out of town after dropping Ethan and Ehlana off at KidZone.

I didn’t really have time to think about that while starting my school day with the music theory and playing tests in first class, but other than keeping a mental eye on Mom like I always still do when she’s travelling; I wasn’t paying any attention to what she was doing.  I’m sure her shopping and a little pre-dinner pampering at the hotel was more fun than my morning and afternoon; so not thinking about it didn’t have me wishing I was there instead of here.  A five-star sleepover would have been fun, but I wouldn’t have traded it for this extra time with Zack; and I’ll take a wild guess that Mom and Dad are having more fun tonight without any kids there to distract them.

With band practice after school, and three tests to study for tomorrow; it was a bit too busy after school – especially when I added in a short visit with Ethan and Ehlana between band practice and our study session at the computer store.  Since that didn’t leave Michael and I with much time before we needed to be at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house for dinner; we only studied for our Spanish test so that I could help Tim, Rowen, and Michael with that while we could work together.  We’ll see how Tim plays it tomorrow with the other guys, but he went home with Rowen when Michael and I needed to leave; and he was going to stay there for dinner and to study for the math and Phys-Ed tests.

Before you go there, and just in case that isn’t still the case with some future Phys-Ed teacher; we do actually get written tests in that class now and then to go along with the usual tests and assessments – and while they’re usually fairly easy quizzes; most of my classmates need to study for them because we don’t spend much class time memorizing terminology, definitions, or sport history.

On the other hand, I do hope that they managed to find some alone time while studying, though with Patrick there too; that might not happen – especially since he was talking to Patricia about inviting Scott for dinner too when we left the store tonight.

Michael and I needed to stop in at my house to grab my overnight bag before going on to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s; and we enjoyed having a few minutes together without anyone else around; but didn’t have time for a full make-out session before dinner.  At least one of us wished that we’d made other plans for tonight while Mom was away, and I’m seriously going to think about doing that the next time I have a parent-free opportunity.

I’ll keep that thought for whenever I get around to my nap once Zack goes to sleep again; and move along.  We had fifteen minutes to spare before dinner was ready, and Uncle Adam was doing the cooking.  Aunt Leanne had just finished nursing Zack; so Michael and I took turns holding him until Zack drifted off to sleep about half-way through dinner.  Even when we’re doing family things together, I haven’t been able to spend nearly as much time with my aunt, uncle, and cousin as I’d like to; so it was really great to have a few hours to spend with them tonight – even while that time included a kitchen clean-up and the studying that Michael and I didn’t really need to do after that.

Michael stayed until Zack was ready for his nine o’clock feeding, and then he headed home while I helped Aunt Leanne with Zack; and Uncle Adam went to take care of some work in the office.  It was heading toward ten by the time Zack was sleeping again, and I stayed in his room while getting started on my nightly studies and work after sending my aunt and uncle off to bed for the night.  I had two bottles of breast milk available; so Aunt Leanne won’t need to get up again until the morning feeding at six – or whenever Zack wakes up after wanting this last bottle early; but staying up to play and talk with me.

There’s lots of little things from today that I was going to write about, but I’m suddenly hitting the wall; so I should wrap this up, try to get Zack mellowed out and sleeping; and have a little nap before we’ll be up and running again in a couple of hours or so.  I’ll shoot for a more thorough update tomorrow.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!