Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, November 18, 2013

Cassie's Journal - November 17, 2013



My top happy thought tonight is that Violet and Dillon will be home for their Thanksgiving break in just five days!



That news wasn’t even on my radar all day, but Violet sent me her usual Sunday night email update; and now I’m really looking forward to having them home again – even if they’ll only be here for four full days; and we’ll need to share them with Dillon’s family.  I wish that Jake and Stephanie could come home too, but they are going to spend the long weekend together; and will probably love their first Thanksgiving on their own – and the New York City holiday shopping experience too.



My day wasn’t big-city-shopping exciting, but Michael, Ethan, Ehlana, and I mostly managed to have fun.  I’d say that Mom and Dad didn’t because of all the work they had to do this afternoon, but then they were just a bit too happy to have worked all afternoon while I was out with Ethan and Ehlana.  Let’s just not go any further down that mental pathway and move along.



Michael came over for Tai Chi, but we split up for breakfast and while getting ready for church.  The temperature climbed toward the seventies this afternoon, and that’s why Ethan, Ehlana, and I spent most of our time enjoying the temporary break in the weather.  Rowen was busy with family stuff today, so I was on my own with the twins until Michael joined us at the park while on his afternoon break.  We spent a lot of time at the playground, went for a walk on the path around the park, and Michael and Ethan played some football with some of the guys for about a half hour while Ehlana and I watched the action from the bleachers and talked with some of the girls who were hanging out there too.  Tim wasn’t at the park today either, but we did see him at the Inn for a few minutes when he stopped into the kitchen for a visit before having dinner with his parents at the early buffet.



I took Ethan and Ehlana home when Michael needed to get back to the Inn, but that was mostly so that I could get cleaned up and changed before heading over to the Inn too.  Helping out in the kitchen until the start of the second buffet meant that I couldn’t really get dressed up for dinner, but I did bring a sweater along to throw on before sitting down to eat with my family.  I don’t think that there was any specific reason for it this week, but we had more customers that seating for the first buffet; so Miranda had a waiting list for the second sitting – and managed to turn over quite a few tables three times instead of the usual two tonight.  That meant more work for everyone; and I was ready to get off of my feet by the time she advised me that my parents, brother, and sister had gotten to the Inn at a bit after seven.



The food was as great as always, but my favorite part of dinner was getting to take care of Zack while Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam took a break and enjoyed their meals – and some grown-up chat time with the other adults in our group.  Ehlana was right there to help me with Zack, but Aiden was at the Inn tonight too, so Ethan spent most of his time with his best friend instead of with us.  I would have loved it if Michael had been able to join us too, and Jacob offered to let him do that; but he knew they needed the help in the kitchen more.  That decision did get him out of work early, though, and he came home with us to help me with the bedtime routine for Ethan and Ehlana while Dad packed for his trip.  Mom did a little Magi lesson with all four of us too, and then we did story time with Dad before he and Mom went to tuck Ethan and Ehlana in for the night while I spent five or ten minutes saying goodnight to Michael in a mostly non-verbal sort of way.



I’ve been working on my computer since coming up to my room after Michael went home; though that started out with some Jacuzzi time multi-tasking.  I took a break while doing my hair and getting ready for bed, and added in a little music play time on my keyboard too before snuggling under the comforter with Mandy and getting back to my studies.  It’s after two o’clock now, and we’ll be up early to see Dad off on his way to the city; so I’m going to skip the details of that work.  Violet’s email was the most fun, but I loved the updates from Stephanie and Christina too.  Dawn’s weekend report was a bit rambling, but there may be boyfriends in the near-future both for her and Jillian.  It’s a bit weird to think that Dawn and I could each be experiencing our first Christmas with boyfriends at the same time; but that will only get seriously strange if she brings a boy here for the family Christmas weekend.  Chris or Martin should reach that milestone long before Dawn does, but that actually seems even weirder to me; so let’s just not go there at all.



Thinking about Chris and Martin bringing girls home for the holidays to meet the extended family isn’t exactly where I wanted to end this update, but I don’t really have anything else to add; and I’ll need a little extra time now to move on to anything that isn’t be that kind of scary-dream-worthy mental pictures.  Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays with Michael – and the potential for more, quality make-out opportunities – will make for much happier dreams; so I’m going to wrap this up and try my best to get there before falling asleep.



Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!