Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Cassie's Journal - November 5, 2013



My personal top story of the day is that we started to learn Christmas music in band practice; and have our little schedule of two concerts and two parades that we’ll be performing in this year.

Though we’re not doing many performances, we still have quite a list of music to learn over the next month or so.  There is a specific set of songs we’ll be doing for each parade; a half-dozen or so songs we’ll be performing at the school Christmas concert; and an oldies-jazz repertoire we’ll need to have ready for the seniors’ Christmas party we’ll be playing at the week before school’s out for the holidays.

That isn’t exactly a problem for me – or really for Michael and Rowen either – but some of the teens seemed to be a bit daunted when we were given the folders with all of the songs we’ll be learning.  I just really love that we’re going to be doing more than just practicing every week.  I still mostly keep a low profile when it comes to public attention, and that won’t change with Michael and I at the bottom of the food chain in the saxophone section; but it will be nice to have people appreciate and get to listen to our music.

Let’s take care of the rest of the update from the beginning.

My morning was more than a little weird.  I was on my own for Tai Chi indoors, and had to deal with Patrick and Scott bugging me by the time I was half-way through my long-form workout.  As Rowen and I expected, Patrick was very happy about getting her to blow up at him last night; and was trying to make her lose it again this morning.  If he knew about some of the things she’s really capable of doing, he might think twice before playing his gags and pranks; but we’d never be allowed to do anything to him anyway – no matter how much Rowen and I joke about it on days like today.

It had started raining sometime before I woke up this morning, and while I could have lived without the wet; it did have the effect of keeping Patrick and Scott from continuing their goofiness after leaving the house this morning.  They were more interested in getting to school and out of the rain than pestering us; so they went their own way instead of following Rowen and me over to Michael’s house to meet up with him.  The rain also kept us indoors all day, and for the second week in a row; Tim sat at a table in the cafeteria and worked on his assignments while watching the football team practice in the rain until Michael, Rowen, and I were finished our band practice.

We went on to the computer store after that for our usual Tuesday study session; and then Michael and I went on to his house for dinner after making a quick pit stop at my house to drop off my computer and book bag; and have a little visit with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana.  Rebecca had Jason over for dinner again this week too, but this week wasn’t quite as successful as last time because he didn’t like the experimental entree that Jacob made for us; and didn’t do a very good job faking that he did.  He and Rebecca had plans to hang out with Jenny, Garth, and some of their other friends after dinner; but I’m fairly sure they would have found something else to do even if they hadn’t already made those plans.  We may not see Jason again for Tuesday night dinners either; but we’ll see what happens with that.

Michael and I liked getting to have the quiet time with his parents after dinner; and even sent Rebecca and Jason on their way early – mostly because Jason wasn’t much help with the clean-up anyway.  We had our usual Tuesday evening guitar lesson too, and since we were pretty much guaranteed to get teased about it by Miranda anyway; we spent a little extra quality time ‘practicing the rests’ at the end of our music play time.  Making out in Michael’s bedroom isn’t the same as in the lounge at my house, mostly because we can’t use my wards and shields there; but we still had fun – and the make-out time was worth getting teased about.

Watching some television and chatting with Michael and his parents was fun too.  With nobody else around, we spent some time tonight talking about the Inn; and particularly about dreams for the future – especially once Jake and Stephanie are finished college and move home again.  Miranda and Jacob still really only have ideas about what they’d like to do, and our family business won’t really have any involvement in what will happen there, but Ethan, Ehlana, and I have a pretty good idea about what’s meant to be for Michael and his family; and I had fun putting my two-cents worth into the conversation tonight.

I really didn’t want to go home when it was time to leave while wanting to spend some time with Ethan and Ehlana before they went to bed for the night too.  It was still raining and getting colder out, so Michael and I didn’t spend much time on our front porch goodnight kiss before I ran home and moved on to the bedtime chat and snack with Mom, Dad, and the twins.  That took a while – especially since I needed to get the kid-rated version of Dad’s birthday party at the pub.  I’d add the stories from home after leaving the pub, but there wasn’t much for Mom and Dad to tell me about that wouldn’t have been rated ‘way, way too much information’.  They both had a really great time and are still very happy tonight; so let’s just leave it at that and move on.

Ethan and Ehlana had more stories for me from their adventures with Grandma and Grandpa, and play day at KidZone; and Dad wanted to hear about my night at Rowen’s, school, and my evening with Michael and his family.  It was after ten o’clock before we’d done all of that and tucked Ethan and Ehlana in for the night; and then Mom spent more than another hour on my Magi lesson before I was able to come up to my room and get started on my backlog of studies and nightly computing.

Since I was in a Christmassy mood from band practice, I kept that theme going for my language studies and family business work; but couldn’t really do that for my archive homework.  For that matter, Christmas isn’t exactly well-written about in any Sino-Tibetan dialect; but I was still able to practice by translating some English Christmas stories into Wu and Hakka.  There really wasn’t much that needed my attention for the family business in relation to the Christmas season this year, so I mostly just checked up on how everything was going; and sent some emails with suggestions for little adjustments here and there to accommodate some early signs of supply chain or retail issues I was seeing while doing those checks.

I didn’t quite catch up on everything I didn’t get done yesterday, but it’s heading toward three o’clock now; and I knew it was time to wrap up my work and get the rest of my nightly computing done when I started running out of energy and enthusiasm by two-thirty.  Tomorrow is a work night, and I plan on staying home and working after dinner too so I won’t need to be up half the night again.  Hopefully I’ll manage to get ahead on my work and caught up on some sleep too; but for right now, I’ll settle for a few hours of unconsciousness before it’ll be time to get up and going again.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!