Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cassie's Journal - November 26, 2013



Violet’s just gone over to her room after finishing a little bedtime chat with me, and it’s closing in on midnight fast; so I’m going to keep this as short as possible tonight; though there’s a fair bit to cover.

First up, this was Violet’s last full day here; and the chat tonight was mostly because it was our last chance to do that before she’ll be heading to Woodvale with Dillon sometime tomorrow morning.  The funny thing tonight is that I’ve started to see the family juggling problem from her perspective; thanks to a coin flip earlier tonight that decided whether I’d be having Thanksgiving dinner with Michael and his family on Thursday – or he’d be doing that with mine.  I don’t think of that as a win or lose for either of us; but we will be having the big meal with the Bassett-Stone family.

The only news I’m going to include from school today is about band practice; and that’s mostly because we did that outdoors.  Mrs. Robinson wanted us to get used to playing in the cold; and the only way for that to happen is to actually do it.  The temperature was only slightly above freezing, and while it could easily be colder for the parades we’re doing; that was cold enough to help us understand what we’ll be dealing with.  I’m very glad that Rowen, Michael, and I listened to the senior teen advice and bought the fingertip-less gloves; but it was still very uncomfortable to sit in the cold and play music for three-quarters of an hour – and each parade will be closer to around an hour long.  The good news there is that I’m not too cool and proud to wear thermal underwear if that means not freezing my butt off; and I’ll be getting a new set from the emporium sometime between now and our next practice.

One thing we won’t have during the parades is Tim goofing on us while we play the way he was doing today from the warmth and comfort of the cafeteria.  He was splitting his time between doing that and watching the football practice; which is why he still had all of his homework to do when we all went to the computer store to do that.  We now have day two in the books without giving anything away to Rowen, so I guess his antics did help out some – by giving Rowen something else to think about other than the hope-dread thing she has going on about what will happen – or not – on Friday.  We didn’t have very much studying to get done, since tomorrow will practically be a play day ahead of the long weekend; so we mostly just hung out together until Michael and I needed to get over to his house for dinner.

Other than the Thanksgiving dinner coin toss decision, the only other major news from that part of my evening was about Rebecca.  She and Jason are having issues this week.  He’s mad at her because she’s not going to the championship game on Friday; and she’s frustrated that he doesn’t get why her parents need her to stay and help at the Inn more – especially since Michael is going to the game.  To be fair, Miranda and Jacob would have let her go too if Rebecca had really wanted to do that, but it really will be crazy at the Inn – especially on Friday – and I honestly don’t think that Rebecca felt comfortable with the idea of being away overnight with Jason when there would be minimal parental supervision.  She told me that Jenny isn’t happy about it either, which has me wondering if there were other plans being made – like roommate swaps.

I’d better just not write anything else about that thought just in case my current opinion on that kind of thing changes sooner rather than later! :^)

Dinner, the teen-managed clean-up, my guitar lesson, and our chat time with Miranda and Jacob were all pretty normal and uneventful – except maybe for that coin toss.  I was on my way home by nine o’clock; and did the bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana before wrapping up my night with my Magi lesson with Mom that Violet sat in on; and our girl chat time after I’d already done most of my bedtime computing.

Ethan, Ehlana, and I will only get to see Violet before I head to school in the morning and they go to KidZone for the day.  Mom has her holiday weekend shopping to do after that, and then she and Aunt Leanne are taking Zack on the road and going to pick up Barb and Corey Collins at the airport.  Violet and Dillon will be on the road before noon for sure; mostly because they have some errands they want to run before being home before Chris, Martin, and Dawn are finished school for the day.

That all sounds busier and more exciting than my school day is likely to be, but Rowen and I are doing some babysitting tomorrow night while Mom and Dad spend the evening at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house, and we might do a sleepover too; so I’m sure we’ll have fun too even if we aren’t doing any road trips or shopping.

A sleepover might mean this will be my last bonus sleep time night for a while, though; so it’s time to get started on that...right...now!

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!