Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, November 22, 2013

Cassie's Journal - November 21, 2013



We’ve had another rainy day in Witch Falls, and though it stopped raining an hour or so ago; the temperature is supposed to drop to below freezing by morning.  The game-time forecast is for freezing temperatures too, and if we get any wet to go with it; there could be either freezing rain or snow.  I’m getting cold just thinking about that right now, so let’s not and move on with the update.

The big news story for our local family is Aunt Grace’s new car.  According to Aunt Leanne, she went with a ‘boring’, dark blue, four-door sedan.  I wouldn’t really disagree with that, but it is very nice; and Aunt Leanne should be glad that Aunt Grace and Uncle Mark picked a car that has room for baby seats.  That’ll make it much easier for them to haul their youngest cousins, nieces, and nephews around when they’re giving certain parents a break.  There’s also the fact that they’ll need the space for their own family eventually, but even though you’re reading this at some time far enough in the future that it wouldn’t matter; I’m not going to give away anything that Ethan, Ehlana, and I might know about the timing for that right now.

While the car was big news for them, my day was actually pretty normal.  That worked for me because it meant getting to spend more time with Michael; and being at the Inn to help out with the dinner rush – and hang out with Jacob, Miranda, and Rebecca.  Miranda might say that winning the game night championship with Mom again this week was the highlight of her day, and game night was fun; but my favorite moments were while we worked together in the kitchen, and I especially loved hanging out and chatting with Rebecca.  We’re doing pretty good right now when we’re not at school, but sometimes – like tonight – it feels exactly the way it did when we first met; and I was sure that I had my very first friend for life.

I’ve skipped over all of the school day action, but then there wasn’t much to report anyway.  The rain kept us indoors; the English and Health tests were a breeze; and the only thing the guys wanted to talk about for most of the day was the football game tomorrow night.

Our study session at the Inn after school was entertaining; though Tim didn’t think that studying for our science test tomorrow was fun – though Michael, Rowen, and I thought that his antics while we tried to help him were a big part of the entertainment for us.  He didn’t have an issue with getting ready for the computer test, but there really aren’t all that many kids or teens in our school that aren’t way ahead of the learning curve when it comes to computers at every grade level.  I’m sure that our parents and teachers are very happy to know that those endless hours of video gaming and surfing the web pay off in at least one subject!

Our study session went a bit long, so Michael and I needed to get right to work in the kitchen when Rowen and Tim left to go have dinner – this time with their own families instead of together.  It wasn’t really all that busy tonight; so that gave us more time to play, and Rebecca and I had a nice long chat while we worked the prep line.  She’s my best source for the latest teen news; particularly because Jenny keeps her informed of the latest news through the well-connected cheerleader network.  Some of that information is more than I need to know; but that happens a lot in every school – even in our little town.

Michael and I didn’t win the junior championship tonight, and neither did Rowen and Tim; but we had Ethan and Ehlana with us most of the time, and had a lot of fun with them – so from my perspective, we did win.

Mom went home with Ethan and Ehlana right after the gaming was finished, but I stayed to help with the clean-up; and to walk home with Michael.  We had lots of company for our goodnight kiss, so that wasn’t anything to write about; and then I started helping Mom with getting Ethan and Ehlana ready for bed as soon as I got home.  We had the bedtime story while doing a phone call with Dad; and then Mom did a Magi lesson with me once the twins were tucked in for the night.

This time, we were working on time-phasing again, and while I’m really good at it; there’s still a lot more for me to learn about the effects time-phases have on everything from different base elements to bio-systems.  Tonight, we worked with some fruit and vegetables, and measured the effects on the produce both while speeding up time and then slowing it down.  Theoretically, if you could hold a time-phase indefinitely; pretty much any fresh food could be kept that way for years – even without freezing or refrigeration; since even the temperature can be maintained in a time-phase.  That would normally be very impractical; but it’s cool to know that it could be done.  On the flip side of that; speeding up time can spoil food very quickly.  We didn’t actually take the lesson that far – only enough to measure and calculate the decay rate for the different fruits and vegetables.

As usual on Thursdays, I got a late start to my nightly studies and computing; and that’s why it’s heading toward three-thirty as I’m writing this.  There isn’t anything from the studies or family business worth mentioning; but Violet sent me a last email before she and Dillon will be heading home tomorrow after they’re finished classes for the day; and they’re as excited about the week off as we are about having them home for a few days.  They won’t get here until late tomorrow night, but with Dad getting home from the city, and the big football game; we’ll be in for a really great start to the weekend – even for those of us who will be freezing our butts off while watching that game.

I wonder if Tim would consider letting Rowen and I set up some web cams and watch the game from the lounge?  We do have a handy little WiFi network in town that would make that very easy to do.

That’s probably a no, and he wants to be on the team next year; so maybe I should just stop commenting on the downside of the sport; and just accept the inevitable.

Or I can wait until next year and stay in denial while that’s still an option.

For right now, though, as I’m thinking about those impending hours of chill time; all I want to do is snuggle under my warm comforter with my cuddly cat and get some sleep.  Even without the family home for the holidays, it’s going to be a very busy weekend getting ready for the Thanksgiving holiday, and I might even get to lose some sleep with a late night girl chat or two with Violet while she’s here – if I’m lucky.  Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!