Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cassie's Journal - November 2, 2013



Where should I start – with the big surprise of the day; or the Michael and me alone time that finally happened?

I’ll go with the surprise first; but only because that’ll let me end this update with the Michael and me time – and take those very happy thoughts into dreamland with me.

Our Moms surprised Rowen and me with an afternoon shopping trip to Crystal Springs!  Since we were expecting an all-day fall clean-up adventure; that immediately brightened our day when we were each given that news while having breakfast.  If the timing was meant to encourage us to get our chores done, the ploy was successful; but the play afternoon at the Mall – and fast food fixes – was worth the few hours of hard work this morning.  We can just skip the work report, since the only thing worth mentioning is that Dad and I probably got five or six hours of work done in about three and a half hours before I grabbed a five minute shower and used a little Magi power to get ready to go away for the afternoon in record time-phase time.

We took a snack and drinks along, but Mom and Patricia had Ethan, Ehlana, Rowen, and I loaded up in the minivan; and we were on the road by a quarter-past twelve.  The twins mostly watched a movie during the drive to Crystal Springs, but Rowen and I entertained ourselves by making up our shopping lists and chatting about everything from football (for about thirty seconds) to boy-dazzling fall clothing possibilities.  That made the trip to the city seem very fast; and then we were at the Mall and ready to grab a quick, late lunch before getting started on our shopping.

Mom and Patricia had some specific things they were shopping for today, so Rowen and I helped them out by taking care of Ethan and Ehlana a lot of the time while we were at the Mall – and then later when we were at Wal-Mart.  We were still able to do a lot of own shopping too, and even split up from the Moms a few times – especially while Patricia wanted to shop for Rowen’s birthday gifts.  It’s hard to believe that she’s going to officially be a teen in less than four weeks!  Getting gifts for her was on my list too, and we both needed to get birthday gifts for other friends; including Rebecca, Marcie, and Dawn’s bff, Jillian.  Though we already had Dad’s birthday gifts, Ethan, Ehlana, and I picked up a couple of little bonus presents for his birthday on Monday too.  We’ll be back in the city again in five weeks for the kids’ Christmas shopping trip, so we didn’t need to buy a lot of gifts today; and that left Rowen and me with extra time to shop for a few new outfits – including a pair of new dresses that are going to help us look great at church tomorrow!

Though we’d done our major back to school shopping trip just a couple of months ago, we both added a few new outfits that were both more suitable for fall weather and so we could replace pants and tops that we’re continually outgrowing right now.  Though she’s two and a bit months older than me, I’m edging ahead of Rowen in height.  That isn’t enough of a difference to keep us from being able to borrow clothes from each other yet, but that likely will be an issue in the not too distant future for us – though that’ll only be for things like pants and long-sleeve shirt lengths; since our body types are very close.

We had a three-hour time limit at the Mall, and managed to finish up a bit early before moving on to Wal-Mart.  That stop was mostly for bulk supplies, so we were only there for about an hour before stuffing our purchases into nearly every bit of available free space in the van and getting ready for the trip home again.  Our last stop was for fast food to go – and an order for Aunt Leanne.  This time, Rowen and I watched a show with Ethan and Ehlana while we all ate; and then we were in girl chat mode again for the rest of the trip.

Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana went over to Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam’s house to deliver the food and have a little visit with them – and Zack – after we pulled into Rowen’s driveway while I helped Patricia and Rowen unload all of their purchases and get them inside and mostly put away.  Michael was finished working at the Inn before we were done with that; so he met up with me there.  That’s the main reason why Rowen stayed at home when Mom was ready to move the van over to our house – she didn’t want to mess up any chance Michael and I might have for even a little bit of alone time before he’d need to be home for the night.  I’m sure she’ll be very happy for us when she finds out that we actually managed to have nearly two hours of play and cuddle time after we helped to get Ethan and Ehlana tucked into bed for the night.

That almost brings me around to my favorite part of the day.  Michael and I stopped in to see Aunt Leanne, Uncle Adam, and Zack for a few minutes too, but we walked home with Ethan and Ehlana when Mom was ready to take the van home so that we didn’t need to bother buckling them into their car seats for the little hop down the street.  We had to unload the van after that; help put everything away; and then join Dad in the office for a bedtime snack, drinks, and shopping adventure recap.  Our afternoon was certainly more exciting than Dad’s work-in-the-office marathon or Michael’s shifts at the Inn; but they told us about the highlights of their day too.

Mom and Dad didn’t go to bed when Ethan and Ehlana did, but they weren’t working either; and instead decided to watch a movie in the living room.  They invited Michael and me to join them, but weren’t surprised when we wanted to hang out in the lounge instead.  Since I wasn’t the only person in the house using my wards and shields tonight, I’ll guess that they weren’t particularly disappointed to have some alone time too; though I really don’t need to know the details about what my parents may or may not have been doing while Michael and I were happily making out in the lounge.

I’ll rank tonight at an eleven on the hot scale, but reality was probably more like an eight; with the extra points based entirely on perception due to the no-action drought we’ve been going through recently.  Michael might still blush when reading some of these journals in the future, but I think it’s important to write about some of these details – especially if this could help parents deal with Magi tweens and teens in the future.

The physical aspect of our relationship is as important for Michael and me as it is for any other teen couple, and that is what I’m referring to when writing about the hot factor of our play time; but the telepathic and empathic connections and exploration we’re sharing is much more profound and important.  That’s also something that most Magi teens don’t get to experience, and the council might want to consider allowing other Magi couples to know about each other sooner – though I also understand why some caution should be taken too.  There are risks to opening up like that to someone; and it may not be something that very many teens or adults are willing to do.  For me, I’ve had that kind of connection with Mom my entire life, and now have special links with Ethan, Ehlana, Grandma, Grandpa, Dad, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Leanne; so it’s easy for me.  I fell really lucky and blessed that Michael is willing to take that risk for the first time with me; and we fall a little more in love every time we can share our hearts like we do when connected that way.

Oh yeah, and the partial nudity, exploring our bodies, and long, heart-pounding kisses are really hot too!

Just saying...

...and I think that Michael’s the hottest guy in our school too.

No, I haven’t changed my opinion of Jake – he doesn’t go to our school anymore.

That reminds me that I’m overdue for a family and friends college update, but I’ll do that tomorrow night.  For now, I’m ready to get some sleep; and definitely want to take the memories of Michael and me that have been replaying continually since he went home an hour or so ago into my dreams.  That’ll be sure to help me get a good night of rest.  Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!