Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cassie's Journal - November 20, 2013



I love you, Mom!

Yes, I have perfect memory records of my infancy, but I’m also almost a teen; and don’t remember to tell you often enough how much I appreciate everything you’ve done for me.  Zack certainly reminded me of that last night and this morning, and while we had fun; it’s no wonder that parents need kid-free nights.  We should seriously think about getting one of those nights for Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne very soon.  I know that Zack isn’t quite so busy every day, but we should definitely thank Ethan and Ehlana too; because it was fairly obvious to me this morning that they took it easy on us.

I can also understand why Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne feel the need to skip Tai Chi now and then – I was right there with them this morning; but then we don’t get many chances to exercise together right now, so we did a long-form workout anyway while Zack had a post-breakfast nap.  At least my sleepover did give my aunt and uncle a chance to get one decent night of sleep this week, so I’m really glad that I could do that for them.  I’m also really glad that I can self-heal and banish fatigue.  If that wasn’t an option today; I might have slept through our tests at school.

Speaking of tests, Tim usually jokes about them before and after each class, and he did that today, but there’s a slight difference in how he does that when he’s actually confident going in and happy with how he did afterward; so his studying with Rowen last night must have been a success.  I can confirm that there was at least one, non-study moment for them that Rowen thought was a success too, and while they’re still not acting like a couple in public; they both had bright, happy smiles on their faces when Michael, Rebecca, Rowen, and I met up with Tim at school this morning.

Michael still isn’t telling me anything about what he helped Tim with for Rowen’s birthday when they were shopping in Crystal Springs, and if they’re talking about what I’d told Tim, he isn’t mentioning that either; but I’m getting some pretty good vibes now the closer we get to Rowen’s big day, and may know more in the next few days – once we know whether our team will be playing for a Championship a week from Friday.

Just for the record, and ahead of that decision, I’d like to mention that if Michael and Tim decide to pick a football game – no matter how important – over Rowen and me on her birthday; that will be grounds for Michael and I to have our first fight.  For those of you reading this in the future, flip ahead two or three journal entries to find out what happened; but I’ll probably have to wait until Saturday or Sunday to know because we won’t be able to make any plans while Rowen’s with us on Friday night – or even talk about what our options will be.

Again, for those of you who are wondering why I don’t just use my Sight and find out; I’d only see all of the possibilities; and even if you see is ‘supposed’ to happen; free will and bad choices affect that all of the time.  That’s really the main reason why we don’t use our Sight on that micro level at all – and why it can drive a Magi mad to try.

Getting back to the news of the day, in addition to our three tests, we also had a special History lesson because this was our last class ahead of the fiftieth anniversary for the John F. Kennedy assassination.  While that was an event that shocked the world, and had an undeniable, global impact; the historical lessons are as much about how television and radio media impacted the speed of information distribution and played on human emotions in a much different way than newspapers had done in the past.  Even all of the conspiracy theories have become a part of our history and culture; and Mr. Ayres managed to cover all of that in broad strokes during our lesson today.  I won’t include a big write-up about that, but if you’re interested; search the video archives we expect to have in our future; and I’m sure you’ll find lots of shows that have been on television for the past couple of weeks that deal with pretty much every aspect of the event in more detail than most ever want or need.

There wasn’t much going on at school other than our tests and lessons today; mostly because the rain kept us inside at noon; and even the football fanatics were a bit subdued today.  Compared to big moments in history, the hair appointments that Rowen and I had with Liz after school weren’t important at all; but that was a favorite part of my day.  Liz started doing some part-time work at the salon to help Vicky during the holidays; and our Moms had booked the appointment for this week to help out and make sure Liz didn’t overdo it next week during the big Thanksgiving week rush.

There was no lack of volunteers to help out with Eli; though he was only there until Philip and Naomi stopped in to get him after he’d picked her up at KidZone once he was finished at school.  Rowen got to hold him for a few minutes; but I was first in the chair; and only had time for a little hug and kiss for him.  Neither of us were doing anything major with our hair this time around, but Liz had a little play time with each of us after doing the real work; and we both looked great with a few braids and some curls.  Fortunately the rain had stopped so we could actually keep the styles for the rest of the night.  Michael and Tim liked what Liz had done with us; though I only saw Michael for a few minutes when we stopped in to see them at Landry’s on the way home and to the computer store.

They’d been studying for our tests tomorrow, and we had a short visit, but then I walked Michael to the Inn when he needed to go there; walked home; and got started on my own work.  Rowen headed over to the computer store then too, but after working her after-school job tonight; she went to have dinner with Tim and his parents – and had another study session with Tim after dinner.  He might have a tougher time explaining how he and Rowen were studying for the Health test; though he might just go with telling his buddies that they only studied for English.  Rowen and I had a bedtime chat tonight; so I know that wasn’t all they were doing.

There wasn’t any of that kind of thing in my life tonight; so let’s move along.  Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I had fun catching up on what we’d all been doing since Mom had left for the city, and the Magi lessons tonight were very entertaining too; but the rest of my night has been all work and not much play – other than that chat with Rowen – and another, shorter one with Michael before he went to bed for the night.  Between the mentioned activities, the family business work, and a lot of studying; I’ve pretty much done as much as I could before hitting the wall.  The lack of sleep last night has caught up with me, and though it’s only a bit after one, I need to crash soon; so I’m going to have to skip more of those little details I wanted to write about for the second night in a row.  I’ll try to do better next time, but for now; I’m out of here, and back to the real world – for the minute or two it’ll take me to head off into dreamland.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!