Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Cassie's Journal - November 16, 2013



It was a fairly quiet day around here, but since that included nearly two hours of alone time in the lounge with Michael after he was done helping out at the Inn tonight; I’m a very happy camper.

My day started out pretty well too when Michael and I had a little extra time for our good morning hugs and kisses before we met up with Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana for our Tai Chi workout.  His shopping day in Crystal Springs with Tim and his parents was definitely more fun than my housework and chores; but Rowen and I had a fun afternoon playing with Ethan and Ehlana while Mom and Dad worked in the office.

That play time included a walk and a bit of shopping during a break in the rain; but we mostly hung out in my room and the lounge.  We managed to fit in some video gaming, played my keyboard, guitar, and saxophone for a while, and watched some YouTube videos.  An ongoing, telepathic chat and some Magi fun was mixed in there too; but we had to cut our fun short when it was time for Rowen to leave and I was drafted to help out with making dinner.

Since Dad was continuing his work in the office after dinner, Mom and I took care of the clean-up after dinner too before she started doing Magi lessons with Ethan, Ehlana, and me.  That was a bonus round of lessons, but since we always miss out on them over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays; the rare extra lesson we do manage now and then is a good idea – and almost always lots of fun.  The extra archive assignment I have now won’t be fun; which is why I’m not ending my night with that little job.  That would just totally pull me down from the happy place I’ve been in since spending that quality time making out with Michael.

I’m not going to include the details of that play time, but let’s call it an eight out of ten for hotness.  Michael and I didn’t spend all of our time making out – though that was the most fun.  He told me almost everything about his shopping trip except for a couple of details that Tim had sworn him to secrecy over.  I didn’t try to get him to spill his guts about what could only be birthday surprises for Rowen; but Michael couldn’t hide the empathic vibes that those secrets were going to be happy and good.

The stories about the clothes shopping part of their adventure were fairly entertaining, and while Michael does have to play the role to some extent when out with any of the guys; he finds Tim’s fashion fights with his mother as funny as I do.  Miranda wasn’t there to try dressing him up, so he didn’t really have to play the ‘normal teen’ game, but apparently came close to getting in trouble with Tim for taking Tracey’s advice and buying an outfit that Tim had outright refused to even try on.  Michael showed me a mental picture of the pants and top; and it was obvious that the only possible complaint Tim could have had about them was that his mother had picked them out.  I don’t expect that Tim will be ready to let any girls help with picking out his clothes, and Rowen would be too shy to comment or offer her advice; but I can’t help but wonder if Tim’s opinions today would have been different if Rowen had been there and telling him whether she thought he looked hot or not in the clothes Tracey did manage to badger him into trying on and buying.

While I’m thinking about that, here’s my parent-teen fashion advice for the day.  Teens, try to understand why your parents think that you’re nuts for purposely wanting to pay extra for faded, frayed, and holey clothes – especially if the holes are in inappropriate places.  Parents, don’t forget that when we’re in this growth-spurt stage there is no way for us to own any clothes long enough for them to get to that worn in and comfortable stage before they don’t fit anymore; so some pre-stressed pants do have a purpose even if the idea seems idiotic.  Next time your teen is driving you nuts about this sort of thing, check out your own closet and drawers first, and if you still have pairs of favorite jeans, pants, or shirts that you first owned in high school; stop complaining – especially if you’re still able and willing to wear those clothes.  Oh yeah, and if there are holes in inappropriate places on any of those clothes, your significant other might find that hot; but your kids feel the same way about that as you feel about us buying new clothes with holes – or pants hanging way too low on the hips.

I love my new home, but one really good thing about having to move around a lot with Mom before coming here is that she doesn’t have that clothes-hoarding problem.

Let’s move along, though there really isn’t much else to report for today.  While I didn’t do any language or archive studying tonight, there was a bit of family business email work to deal with; and then I did a quick version of my usual nightly computer checks before getting started on this.  I’m going to help out at the Inn again tomorrow night, but only until my family gets there for the second buffet sitting; and then I’ll join them for that.  We don’t have anything else planned for the day, but I’ll probably spend the afternoon with Ethan and Ehlana to keep them entertained while Dad’s busy trying to get everything ready for his week in Crystal Springs.  We didn’t give Mom and Dad a kid-free night this weekend, but Mom’s going to spend Tuesday night in the city; so that’ll make it easier for them this week – though her visit this time around is mostly so they can both have a visit with the Malloys while she’s there.

I guess that’s about it, and while I’m still a bit wound up; it’s time to try and get some sleep – especially since I’ll be in for a busier than usual week while Dad’s away.  Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!