Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, December 23, 2016

Cassie's Journal - December 22, 2016



Happy 16th Birthday, Marc!

I’ll get to that part of the fun for the day in a bit, but the top story of the day was the school Christmas pageant; so let’s start with that news.

Michael and I were busy all day with pageant set-up, practices, and the actual show.  All of the primary and middle school classes performed a group song or act; the concert band played two songs plus the warm-up carol sing; and there were a dozen special acts – solos, duets, or groups singing or dancing or performing a skit or other activity.  I won’t go over all of those acts; but here are my highlights for the afternoon.  First up, Ethan and Ehlana had a duet; they sang the Elf of the Shelf song, Christmas Is, with me on keyboards for them; and they sang after their Kindergarten group song while the stage was transitioned to the next group.  That, by the way was how we did all of the stage transitions; so the entertainment was pretty much non-stop for the audience.

Ryan Bassett did a guitar solo that was really awesome, so it was one of my favorites too, and while I’m not including our duet because I need to brag about it; Michael and I had a lot of fun with our duet of ‘As Long As There’s Christmas’ from Beauty and the Beast Christmas – and it was a hit with the audience too.  Finally, the pageant wrap-up song and act was the added Elena of Avalor Christmas song, Let Love Light the Way.  Michael and I led the Parranda; playing our guitars and leading the singing; there was a lyrics video with scenes from the Elena Christmas show; and all of the kids following us into the gym from the main entrances; and they each gathered one person to join the Parranda from the audience – usually a parent, grandparent, or younger sibling.  We continued until we had a ring of kids and adults two-deep surrounding the entire gym; wrapped up the song; and then moved on to the meet and greet that included snacks and drinks in the main hallway outside of the gym.  That was a highlight for me too; since I got to share those moments with Michael, most of our families; and our friends and neighbors.  Having Dad there had been especially great; and that will likely be the one and only time he’ll get to do that with me – or the odds are at least against me for my last year of high school.

Okay, moving along, my morning before going to school was fairly normal except for the extra time that Ehlana and I spent getting ready for school and dressed up a bit for the pageant.  As I already mentioned, Michael and I were busy all day, but that also meant we missed all of our classes too.  We did stop for a quick lunch that included some birthday fun for Marc; but that was the only real break in the action through until we were set free from school for the day.  We split up and came home to get cleaned up and ready for a cameo visit to Marc’s party, but then we basically just went out to his place for the social hour before dinner; and then we hurried back to town to help out at the Inn because Miranda had a half-dozen Christmas parties on top of the usual Thursday dinner business.  We worked until close; Michael came home with me; and then we did a Magi lesson with Mom and spent some time with Ethan and Ehlana before they went to bed and Michael and I got to have a bit of cuddle time in the lounge before he went home at eleven-thirty.

My work and studying started after that, but I used a time phase for most of it; and put a two o’clock time limit on that because I’d have worked most of the night if I didn’t do that.  That does mean that I’m not quite where I wanted to be before taking the weekend off for the holiday, but I’ll deal with that problem as soon as I can.  For now; I’m just ready to crash, so let’s do the Christmas music video songs; and I’ll go and do that while you’re enjoying the entertainment.



Our duet was based on this version; but Michael and I gave it an update and some different harmonies.



Finally, the show-stopper for the pageant today was the newest; and we all loved the audience participation that really made the Parranda so special!



Okay, I’m out of here and off to dreamland.  Three more sleeps to Christmas – and just one more to the last day of school for the year!

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!