Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Cassie's Journal - December 19, 2016



Let’s begin this update with the news from our favorite, newly-engaged collegians, Violet and Dillon!

I was at school when they got back to town, so I had to wait to get home from school to see them; but they got back in time to go out for lunch with his family – mostly so that his mother and sister didn’t need to wait until after school to congratulate them in person.  I can also report that they’ve been working on the wedding plans already too, and since getting home; they’ve already recruited Jake and Stephanie for Best Man and Matron of Honor; Isabelle will be one of the bridesmaids with Dawn and Violet’s best friend from college; and Andrews and Josiah will be groomsmen for Dillon along with his best college buddy.  Ethan and Ehlana are happy about being asked to be their ring bearer and flower girl; though they’re a bit worried about becoming the adorable twins that everyone in the family wants to use for that job.  My first mental picture on that was of them leading wedding parties for the weddings of our great-grandchildren, but while that would be funny; I don’t think they have anything to be seriously worried about.

Michael and I got to spend some time with Violet and Dillon after school; we had to share them with a fairly large group of family and friends at dinner; and then they were off to hang out with some friends by around eight o’clock while Michael and I got to do more boring stuff – like our homework.  We also had a music practice to get ready for the pageant on Thursday and more music we’ll be doing at church on the weekend; Mom did a Magi lesson with us once all of our dinner guests had moved on; and then Michael and I watched a Christmas movie with Ethan and Ehlana before Michael needed to head home for the night.  We took care of getting the twins tucked into bed while he was on the way out; and then I did most of my family business work in the office while Dad was still busy with his homework – mostly so that I could speed that up for him too while we – and Mom – worked in a time phase for about  an hour or so of ‘real time’ that allowed him to get his work done without staying awake half the night.

Okay, Mom and Dad didn’t just run upstairs and go off to sleep; but let’s not go there! ;^)

Getting back to Violet and Dillon; they’re staying at his house over the holidays again, and while we’d be happy to have them stay with us; it does work out better for them when it’s only his parents in the house there – and we’ll have extra kids around here a lot over the holidays.  Some other wedding news I should report for them that we already know about includes the highlight that the wedding will be here instead of in Woodvale.  That’s going to be a bit of a pain for the ‘hometown’ friends that Violet and her parents will want to invite to the wedding, but it is what Violet wants, and contrary to some of the jokes we heard tonight; it is not because our Pastor is way hotter than the one at their church in Woodvale.

That’s just an added bonus!

I’ll guess that will be one bit of journal humor I’m going to get teased about someday in the future, but it is still true; so don’t have too much fun with it, folks.

I’m letting this update get away from me tonight; so maybe it’s time to move it along and go get some sleep.  A date hasn’t been set for the wedding, but Violet and Dillon will be meeting with Pastor John about that while they’re home; and are looking at a May wedding sometime shortly after they get finished their fourth year of college.  Yes, they want to get married this coming spring – not after they’re finished their Master’s degrees in a year and a half.  That’s another precedence that will work for me; though Jake and Stephanie did beat them to that one by nearly two years.  Their timing is convenient for at least one thing; since the new apartment building will be opening in June; and there might be one with their name on it – even if they don’t know that yet.  There was other wedding talk during dinner, but not really anything to write about that is officially set up yet; so maybe I’ll leave off on that news until some of those decisions are officially made.  I can report that Dillon did an awesome job with his proposal; I won’t add any details about the delay with getting home to Woodvale that was definitely not traffic-related; and will add that Violet and Dillon are both brilliantly-happy right now.

I haven’t written anything about my morning or school day; so let’s do that quickly; add in the Christmas music video pick; and then call it a night.

It was frosty out this morning, so Tai Chi was indoors, but it warmed up a lot to near-freezing by this afternoon; and the warming trend is going to continue through the rest of the week.  My school day was a mix of classes and music practices; we’re down to just two more practice days to get ready for the pageant; and I think that most of the kids are ready to go – and fired up about getting their moments in the community spotlight.  I’m excited about the show too; though that’s entirely because I really love seeing the kids and their families having so much fun – and getting to help make that happen for them.  It’s a bonus that we’ll have extra family there too – especially when Dad can be there for Ethan and Ehlana’s first school Christmas pageant.  That won’t work out most years when the last week of school ahead of the holidays is also his normal week in the city; so we’ll enjoy this one.  We’ll also have Grandma and Grandpa, and Violet and Dillon there; so Ethan and Ehlana are going to have a big turnout for their debut!

While I’ve covered the basics from after school through to when I came up to bed after finishing up in the office with Mom and Dad, I’ll add that Michael and I were on the work crews for the before and after-dinner cooking and clean-up.  Mom had lots of help for that – including dinner dishes donations from the other guests that made our meal something of a potluck adventure.  We had more help for the clean-up; though Violet and Dillon had a small gang with them in the living room to continue the wedding talk while Michael and I led the clean-up.

The only bits of news I should add to the post-dinner evening is that Ethan and Ehlana joined Michael and me for the music practice and Magi lesson; our Christmas movie pick was a chick flick that the guys put up with because they love us; and I’ve spent the last two hours since getting into bed with Mandy working on the rest of my family business jobs and my language studies.  I’ve done all of that in normal time because I needed to be online for most of that work and studying, but I’m getting further ahead on both; and will be able to take most of the two week holidays off except for the must-do family business work that never ends.

Since I’m thinking about chick flick Christmas movies; my Christmas music video pick is from another one of those sappy Hallmark movies that I love so much.  I especially like this version of the song because the video includes a handful of members of the movie cast performing the song; so I hope you like it too!



That’s all for tonight, and it’s past-time for me to be off to dreamland; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!