Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Cassie's Journal - December 14, 2016



It’s late; Rowen is now sleeping with Mandy cuddled at her side; and I’m going to head off into nap mode as soon as I’ve wrapped up my day with this little journal update.

We’ve had another sub-freezing day here; though the temperature did at least get close to that mark instead of staying frosty all day.  Tai Chi was fun – particularly because Mom was excited about her trip to Crystal Springs; we had a hot breakfast; and then we had an extended bit of play time while getting ready for school before doing the goodbye hugs and kisses with Mom before three of us headed out to meet up with our friends for the walk to school.  Mom was able to say goodbye to the twins again at lunchtime; but she was only staying long-enough to take them to KidZone after their morning in Kindergarten before hitting the road for a kid-free twenty-four hours.

I didn’t have many kid-free hours all day; since Michael and I had a total of three music practices with the primary kids – and then I had Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden with me from the time I rounded them up at school and KidZone on my way home.  They had me outnumbered, but I am a Magi Master; and managed to keep up with them until Rowen came over to join us in time for a pizza and wings dinner after working her shift at the computer store.  Her parents have the store open late every night until a week from Friday, but they aren’t so busy that they need her for those extra hours during the week.  She is expecting to work more hours this weekend and next; but then Michael and I expect to do that at the Inn too.

Our after-school fun at home included some video gaming in the lounge while I dealt with some chores; I had four supervisors while cooking the food; and we had that dinner for six in the sunroom before Rowen and I took care of the clean-up while the kids went back up to the lounge for more video gaming.  Tim worked later at the shop to help his Dad with a rush repair job; came over after having dinner at home; and joined the gaming with Ethan and Aiden while we waited for Michael to come over too.  It was Christmas movie time after Michael did catch up with us; but the four teens in the room also had to do our homework while watching the first shows – starting with an encore viewing of the Elena of Avalor holiday special.

This is off track, but I’ll give points to the show executives for actually having a Christmas-themed episode instead of going with some fantasy-holiday – as they did with the Sofia the First series.  Teaching kids about a few actual Christmas traditions – like a Parranda – is a bonus too; so nicely-done, Disney!

Moving along, we wrapped up our homework fairly quickly; had some cuddle time while watching one of the Home Alone movies; and then Michael and I took care of getting the four kids off to bed for the night – an hour or so later than they should have gone to bed.  Rowen and Tim got to have a bit of alone time while we did that; and then there was time left for some Christmas music videos and teen chat and couples’ cuddling until Michael and Tim needed to head out and get to their homes by a bit before midnight.  Rowen borrowed my Jacuzzi after that while I got started on my work and studying; we had a nice long girl chat after that; and I’ve only been the last one in the house still conscious for about a half-hour while finishing up my work.

I had a short phone chat with Mom and Dad while they were between dinner and the part of their night that I won’t need any details about; they’d had a lot of fun with the Malloys and with the rest of their day to that point; and I’m sure they’ll get even less sleep than I will tonight – for reasons we don’t need to even think about.  That does have me wishing that Rowen and I had kept our boyfriends around for the night, but while it sometimes sucks to be so responsible all of the time; it is worth all of the good that goes along with those choices.

The work and studying has taken longer than I’d hoped, but I need to get ahead of things in time for the holiday break, work of other kinds, and the family and friends fun; so I’ll have more late nights coming up to do that while keeping up with everything else.  Getting some sleep now is my current top priority, though; so let’s do the Christmas music video pick and I’ll get right to that.  My pick for today is a bit off-the-beaten-path, but I came across it a while ago when looking for Christmas music to use at school and church this year, and though we aren’t using the song; it did make it onto my short list – and I do like both the message and the harmonies a lot too.



While you listen to that and turn the digital page to find out what happened to me next from your perspective in my future, I’m going to head off into nap mode now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!