Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Cassie's Journal - December 21, 2016



Welcome home for the holidays, Grandma and Grandpa!

I haven’t spent a lot of time with them tonight, but they are home from Arizona; and went to the Christmas dinner at the Inn that Dad and Aunt Leanne hosted for their office at the Inn.  Michael, Rebecca, Lucas, and I were at the dinner too, but three of us also helped out with the prep work in the kitchen too; and didn’t stop work until the appetizers were ready to be delivered at six-thirty.

This update is already getting out of sync, though, so let’s back up a bit; and start from my wake-up call this morning.

Ethan and Ehlana had Silkie take care of waking me up, and since she’d already been outside for her morning bathroom break; he nose was cold when she was helped up onto my bed and nuzzled me awake.  Tai Chi was fun thanks to another pushing hands workout with Michael while Mom, Dad, and the twins did their own thing; and then Michael stayed for breakfast in the sunroom before heading home to get ready for school – helping out with the cooking while I took my turn getting ready for the day.  That put me on the clean-up crew after we ate, but I was happy to have the hot meal; and then go for the walk to school with Michael, Rowen, and four kids.  The music practices for the pageant tomorrow were the highlights of my school day; and then Michael and I headed over to the Inn to get started on the work there.  Miranda needed us because Dad’s Christmas dinner wasn’t the only one booked for the evening; but she also had enough help so that Michael and Rebecca could go to that dinner with Lucas and me.

We had two large tables for kids and adults; Michael and I were in charge of Zack and Brianna during dinner; and Emma and Benjamin had fun with Rebecca, Lucas, Ethan, and Ehlana while we were mostly kept busy with our youngest dinner guests.  Zack was more of a handful for Michael, and messier while eating, so I got the better deal with Brianna; and the cuddle time with her was a bonus too!  The adults all had fun too; there were gifts that included a nice bonus for Claire; and then we headed back to our house for a social hour or two that again had the adults in the living room while the kids were in the lounge.

We watched a movie while Zack also played some video games with Ethan on the twins’ portable Nintendo systems; and there was some quality cuddle time for the two teen couples while Emma got to have Brianna for her cuddle buddy; Michael and I got Ehlana; and Benjamin split his time between taking turns with Ethan for some of the gaming and sitting in the window alcove while watching the movie.  The party wrapped up by eleven; Michael went home when the Nortons left; and it was close to midnight by the time I got back to my room and into bed with Mandy after helping with the clean-up and getting the twins tucked in for the night.

It’s been all work and studying since then; I had a lot to get done; and my usual Wednesday work plans went out the window with the party – and the volunteer mini shift at the Inn that messed up my after-school work and study plans.  The next two days aren’t going to get any quieter, and I should get started on the nap I still have time for now before getting up and ready for the big school Christmas pageant day; so let’s wrap this up with my Christmas music video pick and I’ll do that.

Tonight, I’m going with one of my new favorites from last Christmas, and while time will tell if it becomes a future holiday classic; it’s a beautiful song that I hope gets a chance to be just that some day!



We’re down to three more sleeps and a nap ‘til Christmas, and I’m ready to get on with the nap now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!