Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, December 16, 2016

Cassie's Journal - December 15, 2016



Another school day; another blast of music practice fun along with about half of our classes for Michael and me.  I don’t usually mention it in my journal, but we aren’t the only teens helping out with musical support for the younger kids; and it would be a bit much for us to even attempt to do all of that work.

I should have started out with the morning news, since Rowen and I were kept busy getting four kids fed and ready for school.  We had fun with that too, since we did get to play dress-up with Ehlana and Naomi; but it is no wonder why so many parents are ready for naps by the time they’re kid-free for the day or off to work to play with the kids their own ages instead.  No, I wasn’t ready for a nap despite the lack of sleep last night, but I do have some rather handy talents to help me out with that sort of thing; so it takes more than four kids to push me past my limits. ;^)

Other than the music fun and one test; I don’t really have anything to report from my school day.  Mom got home in time to collect the twins from school and deliver fast food to Aunt Leanne, but I didn’t get much of a chance to talk with her bout the trip to Crystal Springs until we got home from game night at the Inn.  I went to the Inn with Michael after school; we did our homework; and then got to work on the pre-dinner prep work with Jacob, Rebecca, and the rest of the kitchen crew.  The dinner rush was busier than normal for a Thursday due to it also being the last game night of the year ahead of the Christmas holiday; and that’s why Michael and I didn’t go home tonight – because our Mommies wanted us to stay and be there for the Christmas edition of games night.

I’d have liked the make-out time with Michael, and the music practice would have been good too when we do have the seniors’ Christmas party tomorrow afternoon and the teen Christmas show at the church on Sunday night; but we’ll just have to find time to make up for the first part of that sometime this weekend; and hope that we’re ready for the music play time tomorrow afternoon.

As usual, our Moms won the senior championship tonight; and I have very little doubt that collusion is involved to make that happen for Miranda – though her family and friends do manage to get that done without being blatantly obvious about it.  The statistical odds of that happening nearly every year – twice a year; if you include the last championship ahead of the summer breaks – are against them, though; so Miranda likely just accepts those victories for the Christmas gift they’re meant to be.

The bonus Christmas treats, music, and fun at the Inn meant that we didn’t get home until eleven o’clock; Mom did a Magi lesson with Ethan, Ehlana, and me; and then it was past-midnight by the time the twins were tucked in and I could get my real work and studying started while also multi-tasking some Jacuzzi time.  I used a time phase for as much of the work as I could; kept the online work to a minimum; and now it’s after-two; so I’m ready to crash and nap.

My Christmas music video pick is another a Cappella favorite; so it’s back on my list for this season.



Here’s a fun trivia tidbit for that song that might eventually be lost to history – it was written by Mark Lowry; a Christian comedian.  Sure, he has a musical background too; but it’s way funnier to note that a now-classic Christmas song was penned by a comedian known for making fun of the amusing moments in life that every Christian can relate to from personal experience.

It’s time for me to get some sleep now, and that’s all the news I have for today anyway; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!