Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Cassie's Journal - May 3, 2016



We had a much nicer weather day – not too hot; but no rain and more sunshine than clouds.

Tai Chi was by the river; breakfast in the sunroom included some entertainment when the first guys arrived early to get started on the patio and driveway.

It’s a good thing that Mom and I weren’t walking around in our nighties! ;^)

The nice weather helped to make our school day more fun; and that included some outdoor time at lunch and for one of our classes.  We kicked the fun up a few notches with band practice; that got even more entertaining as we moved on to our marching band practice; and some of our friends and fellow band members are discovering that marching and playing music at the same time is not so simple that you don’t need to practice.  We are coming along, and will be ready for the Memorial Day parade; but I’m also glad that we’ll only have two corners to turn for that parade – and will have more time to work on that for the Fourth of July parade.

It’s not that late, but I’ve needed to use a time phase to play catch-up tonight; so I’m going to skip over the band details and move this along.

That practice went well-enough despite the glitches that were mostly just funny and entertaining.  We’re starting to look and sound like a marching band; and I think that we’re going to impress our families, friends, and neighbors four weeks from now.  Impressing people won’t be our goal for our Memorial Day weekend music with the teen praise team; but the messages usually go over better if the congregation isn’t covering their ears; so we had a long practice at the church too once we were finished with the marching band practice.  I was getting tired by then, but still needed to do my homework with Michael before even getting around to my family business and language studies work.

We did that at in the sunroom at my house so that we could talk with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana – and they told us all about the work that had been done in the yard and on the driveway – though we could see the progress when we got home too.  The patio base is ready to go; and the interlocking bricks will start going in tomorrow.  The driveway is going to be concrete slabs; and the wooden forms are finished; so the first truckloads of cement will be delivered tomorrow.  There’s still more prep work to be done for the interlocking brick sidewalk that will line the back wall and driveway side of the sunroom; but that’s on the schedule for tomorrow; and there are different crews working on the concrete and bricklaying anyway.  The job is on-target to be done by the end of the week; and there will likely be a family barbeque on Friday night if it is done by then.

Michael and I got our homework finished by eleven o’clock; we took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night; and then he went home while I came up to my room to get to work.  I’ve already mentioned that I used a time phase to do that; and now I’m totally baked.  There isn’t anything exciting to write about from the bedtime work session.  I will remind you that our baseball practices start tomorrow night; and that’s going to make for a third busy day in a row for me – especially when I’ll still be doing another saxophone lesson with Jessica after school and will need to get my homework finished after that.  Add in the loss of my one chance to do my ‘real’ work and studying early; and it’s going to be tough not to wear out before the weekend.

Getting some sleep right now is an option, though, and one that I’m ready to take; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!