Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Cassie's Journal - May 15, 2016




We had a chilly morning for Tai Chi, but Mom and Dad didn’t skip it today because of the weather – they stayed inside to help Rowen with the younger kids while Michael and I went outside with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden to exercise by the river.

That was a fun start to our day, and then it was time to get busy.  For me, that meant helping with getting all of the girls ready for the day and dressed up for church.  Michael didn’t stay this morning because he wanted to be home for the last video chat they’d be doing with Jake and Stephanie before they head home from Europe.  I wish I could have been there for that too; but Mom and Dad needed my help more.  Getting the kids fed was a challenge only because of the time limit; and then I was on the clean-up crew while Mom and Rowen took their turns to get ready for church.  We manage d to get there with time to spare – even after reuniting most of the kids with their parents while on our way to church.  The service and Sunday school were fun – and the Sunday school part was a nice break for Rowen and me after all of the kid-time last night and this morning.

Speaking of kid time; I should mention that I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night.  Brianna decided to wake up and want to get changed; have a bottle; and then stay awake and let me cuddle with her while singing to try and get her back to sleep again – for about an hour and a half.  Don’t get me wrong – I loved every minute of that time with Brianna; but a bit more sleep would have been nice too!

Moving along, after church, I walked Michael to the Inn but didn’t stay to help with the lunch rush this week.  Mom and I took care of making lunch while Dad got to work in the office; he took a break to eat; and then I took care of the clean-up while Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana got ready to head over to the lab for some play time there.  I went along, but only stayed long-enough for tours of Ehlana’s lab and Ethan’s archives; and then I headed home again so that I’d be there in time to hang out with Michael, Rowen, and Tim so that we could all do our homework while Michael was on his afternoon break.

We did that study session in the sunroom this time, and thanks to adding in a bit of exam studying to go along with the assignments; Michael and I pretty much needed to get to the Inn as soon as we were done to be there to help with the prep work for the first dinner buffet.  The next few hours were a blur of busy, but we had enough staff this time to handle the customers thanks to some bonus collegians that didn’t want to wait before getting started on their summer jobs.  That worked out for me because I didn’t need to stay until close, and while I missed out on the family dinner at the Inn ahead of Dad’s trip to the city; I did get to go home with them when they were ready to leave again.

Spending some time with Michael after the Inn closed would have been nice, but I really wanted to get my work and studying done more; and I was also able to help Dad out by working in the office using a time phase so that we could both get our work finished as early as possible.  We managed to do that by a bit after ten; I came up to my room after that; and we won’t discuss what Mom and Dad have been doing since getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night.  I’m writing this while having a soak in my Jacuzzi, but I was mostly just soaking and listening to some music videos on YouTube while winding down from a long, busy day.  I’ll be getting out of the tub soon and heading off to dreamland right after that, but before I do that; let’s take a quick look at the week ahead.

First up, Violet and Dillon will be home sometime tomorrow.  They may stop into Crystal Springs to try and have lunch with Dad or at least have a short visit with him; but they should be here in time for dinner.  I’m not sure when they’ll start working at the lab, but it’ll likely be sometime this week; and they’ll be living with us all summer except for visits to Woodvale or other time off trips.  The senior class trip is this week too, so it’ll be a bit quieter around school with a quarter of the high school students away.  They’ve picked a trip to the east coast; and will spend their time in Georgia and Florida; with visiting historical sites the learning part of their trip to go along with the sun and fun on the Atlantic coast.  Jake and Stephanie will be home on Saturday, and I’m sure you can imagine how excited their families are about that after not seeing them in person for nine months!

We should be in for a fairly amazing week, and having a night when I can get some extra sleep will help a lot with keeping up with everything I’ll have on the go; so it’s time to wrap this up, get out of the tub, and get ready to climb into bed with Mandy and head off to dreamland.  It’s been another good weekend, but the fun level is really going to start kicking up now as we speed toward the holiday weekend; and it does already feel as though things are speeding up as we all get busier.

Maybe I should try some slow-down time phases! ;^)

That might be fun to try, but wouldn’t be practical for anything I need; so we’ll leave that sort of Magi play time for practice and experimenting.  The potential for extending my life might be of interest to me in a few decades, but isn’t high on my list at fifteen; and I’m more interested in some nap time over pretty much anything else right now.

It would be tough to explain why I didn’t move much for a week or two at a time anyway – not to mention that if I really wanted to do that; I’d pick missing most of the winter over doing that during the summer! ;^)

Okay, now I’m just rambling on, and don’t have anything else to add; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!