Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Cassie's Journal - May 2, 2016



Happy 3rd Birthday, Leah!  Happy 15th Birthday, Diana!

I did promise a double update, so for those of you who immediately flipped the digital page in my archive journal; here it goes!

Sunday morning Tai Chi was by the river; breakfast was at Michael’s and included what will be one of our last few video chats with Jake and Stephanie before they’ll be home from Europe in a few weeks.  Church and Sunday school were fun; lunch with the family at our house as a bigger welcome home event for Grandma and Grandpa was great; and so was the bit of afternoon play time with my sister, brother, and cousins.  Michael and I needed to do our weekend homework on his afternoon break; and then I went back to the Inn with him to work the buffet shift to close.  I missed out on the family buffet dinner that Grandpa needed to attend after months without being able to go to the buffets; but we were too busy for me to take the time off to join them.  We were a bit late getting home; so I was late getting to my bedtime studies and family business work.  I did get my new language started; and I will be learning Cantonese/Yue between now and when we start our summer holidays.  I didn’t use a time phase last night, which is why it was going on three o’clock by the time I got around to that statement of journal update deferral; and that, my Magi friends of the future, is why I was too tired to take the time to do anything else except close my eyes and go to sleep.

Yes, that’s the condensed version of my Sunday; but I’m fairly tired tonight too; and need to keep this update short too.

First up for Monday is the ground-breaking in our back yard for the patio and sidewalks; and tearing up our old driveway to make way for the new one that started this morning.  It wasn’t a great day for that, since we had a bit of rain off and on for most of the workday; but it is supposed to be nicer out during the rest of the week; and a lot of the work today could be done from inside the bobcats, backhoes, and trucks that were used to handle all of the heavy lifting.  All of that work was also very noisy, which is why I was glad to be at school; and why Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana decided to have a work and play day at the lab – at least until it was time for the twins to get ready for Leah’s birthday dinner and party.

While there were some adult guests and volunteers too, Leah’s party was for her cousins and friends this year, and while I could have gone to it too – and did stop in for a visit and so that Michael and I could drop off Leah’s gift; we had Diana’s party to attend too.  Leah had fun, according to the post-party report I got from Ethan and Ehlana, so I’m glad that her special day has been a good one; and Michael and I had fun at Diana’s party too.

This was her first birthday with Kris as her boyfriend, and since she’s happy tonight too; I’d say that he managed to do well-enough with making sure that she had a happy birthday.  I don’t actually have any particularly interesting news from the party.  It was fairly standard teen fun for around here; dinner was pizza and wings with some sides; and then we listened to music, the girls talked, and the guys played video games until around nine o’clock because it’s a school night and we all had homework to still get done by morning.

I went home with Michael; we did that work; had a music practice to get ready for our hours of band and praise team fun after school tomorrow; and then we had a very, very minor make-out session before wrapping up my time there with a bedtime chat with Jacob, Miranda, and Rebecca.  That was all fun, but it meant that I wasn’t home until eleven-thirty.  Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana were all still working or studying in the office, so I had a bedtime chat with them too; and then took care of getting my brother and sister tucked in for the night on my way up to bed while Mom and Dad finished their work.

It was past-midnight by the time I was ready for bed and to get started on my work and studying.  That was four hours ago, but I had a lot to get done; and didn’t have the energy to time phase to help out with that.  The new language studying means doing some real-time chats anyway, and I can’t do that in a time phase; but I am going to be tired when it’s time to wake up again in a couple of hours.  I did get everything on my to-do list finished, though; and I do not want to fall behind on my work or studying this week – or over the next couple of months now that we’ll be adding in baseball practices and games to the mix too!

My first ball practice, by the way, is on Wednesday night.  Michael and Tim will be having theirs’ on Wednesday night too; so that will be baseball night in our house this season – and I actually like that a lot.  Maybe we’ll get lucky and have the game schedules match up again this year too; but we won’t know about that for a few more weeks.  I’ll keep you posted.

Well, you now know what I’ll be doing over the next couple of days – school, music practices, and baseball practice – along with everything else I have on the go.  I also see a self-healing session or three in my future over the next three mornings – especially if I need twenty-two or twenty-three hours a day of awake time to keep up with everything.

Let’s not make it twenty-three today just because I’m wandering off with my writing for this journal.  I’ve had enough fun, and it’s time to go into nap mode now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!