Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Cassie's Journal - May 24, 2016



At the risk of jinxing things for our marching band; I’ll mention that we once again dodged the rain for our practice tonight.  We had some rain showers this morning; and there is a thunderstorm rolling through the area as I’m writing this update; but it was mostly-sunny and hot out for our band practices – and it stayed nice through until I got home from Michael’s house once we’d finished out homework after our teen praise team practice.

There wasn’t any rain first thing this morning either, so Tai Chi by the river was an option; and I’m really enjoying our breakfast time with Violet and Dillon – especially when I basically don’t see them at all for the rest of the day except for the nights when we cross paths at bedtime.  Our school day was all about exams again, and that’d be boring to write about every day; so I won’t.  I can report that we’ve had our last concert band practice of the school year.  We won’t have any other concerts or parties to play at before the fall, and we don’t need the extra practice time for the marching band leaders; so that’ll be one less practice I’ll have for the last few weeks of school.

That won’t be the case for marching band or the teen praise team, since we’ll have the Fourth of July holiday for both of them; but then we’re going to have marching band practices this summer too so that we can keep getting ready for our Florida trip – and make sure that we keep up with the fundraisers too.  Speaking of that, we’re going to be busy on Friday – and all weekend – with the fundraisers.  The fruit and vegetable boxes will be delivered to the school on Friday, so we’ll be dealing with that as well as the annual Memorial Day weekend work around town and at the cemetery; and the booth we’ll be running at the park all weekend.  I’m a bit worried about that booth, since the weather forecast isn’t looking very good for the weekend as of right now; but maybe we’ll get lucky and the storms will roll through at night – or be short and leave us with lots of sunshine time too.

Since we did get that today, it’s too bad that I didn’t get to be outside enjoying the fun, but other than our marching band practice and walking to and from home, school, and the church; I was indoors most of the time.  Everyone was happy with our marching band practice today.  We’re definitely ready for the parade on Monday, so rain or shine; it’s going to be exciting to march in our first parade!  Our teen praise team is ready for the Sunday service too, and that’s because we kept working until we had everything worked out – and the songs sounding exactly the way we want them.  That meant that Michael and I didn’t get back to his house until a bit after ten o’clock; we worked on our homework until eleven-thirty; and then I came home so that he could get some sleep and I could get started on my bedtime computing.

I didn’t have a time phase in me tonight, so I’ve been working on my computer for more than three and a half hours – including the multi-tasking bedtime chat with Violet before she and Dillon went to bed.  They’re busy too with work and wedding-related activities, but they do have the advantage of working during the day while I have to do that at night.  The good news as I wrap this up is that I only have two more late work nights to go this week – and then I’ll have a long weekend full of late nights for other reasons!

That is all of the news for today, though, and I’m seriously ready to pass out for a while; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!