Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Cassie's Journal - May 17, 2016



It’s been cloudy and cooler today, but the rain ended overnight; and it was nice-enough outside for us to once again have our marching band practice outside today.  We’ve lucked out with that so far this year; though we do have the option of practicing in the gym if needed.

I don’t have much to write about from my own adventures today; though I’ve been going non-stop pretty much since I woke up this morning.  Whether that was with Tai Chi and the rest of my usual morning routine, our classes at school, two band practices, the teen praise team practice, or everything I’ve done since then; it’s been a lot of busy and nearly as much fun.  For this morning, having breakfast with Violet and Dillon was the highlight.  I can’t say that there was anything happen during our classes to make any highlight reel, but we still had a good day; and the extra work and exam review we’re getting into now is really important for most of my classmates as we all get ready for the final exams in June.

Our first band practice was another mix of music and some prep work for the marching band practice.  For part two of that, one of the bigger jobs today was getting the order ready for the fruit and vegetable boxes.  We’ll continue to fine-tune how we’re doing that each month, but for this time around, today was the cut-off for ordering the boxes; and we’ve got until next Tuesday to have all of the money collected and handed in.  We also have everything set up for the holiday weekend fundraising booth we’re going to be running at the park on the holiday weekend.  For our end of that, it was getting the student volunteer schedule set up for every day from Friday evening through Monday afternoon.  I’ll be one of those volunteers, and have to juggle that around helping out at the Inn; so it’s going to be a busy holiday weekend for me without any family and friends time added in at all.

Getting back to the bands report, our marching band practice was pretty good.  We have just one practice left before the Memorial Day parade, and my modest opinion is that we’re ready for it now.  As I’ve mentioned, that’s not the same as being ready for the big times – like a Disney parade; but we’ll get to that level in time too.  The marching band practices are getting to be more fun now that we don’t have the steep learning-curve issues; and Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I are having fun making new friends with some of the Maple Valley teens.

Michael and I also had fun with our praise team practice, and we’re pretty much ready for the holiday weekend service for that too; but I was also getting tired by then – and we hadn’t even gotten around to our homework yet let alone my family business work and language studies.  When we finished at the church, I went home with Michael, and before we got started on our homework; we were taken on a tour of Jake and Stephanie’s ‘new’ room.  They’re going to be in one of the river view rooms on the third floor, and in addition to a nice new mattress and box spring to go along with the antique bed that was already in the room; the room has been re-decorated; cleaned-up; and looks nice-enough to be one of the guest rooms at the Inn.  The third-floor bathroom has been freshened up too; but not with a major re-model or new fixtures.  It will work for Jake and Stephanie, though; and I’m sure they’ll love the surprise.

It was homework time after that, and Miranda also fed us some dinner leftovers while we worked after deciding that our snacks between practices weren’t enough to keep us going until breakfast.  I was okay with that, since I was hungry, but for the record; we didn’t have gourmet meal leftovers.  They’d gone with an easy-meal night so that they could keep working on the third floor.  It was eleven-thirty by the time I got home from Michael’s, so Ethan and Ehlana were already in bed by then; and Mom, Violet, and Dillon were hanging out in the office but getting packed up and ready to head for bed too.  While I was busy, they’d had a pretty good day that included a visit to the lab; some family and friends time around town; a barbeque dinner; and a play evening until they moved into the office to do some work or play computing.  Violet and Dillon will be starting their summer jobs at the lab tomorrow; and they’ll be busy with wedding-related appointments and other fun pretty much every day from now until the wedding – except for during the holiday weekend.

I had a short visit with them that included getting their news of the day; and then we all came up to our rooms.  Violet and I had another little chat after we were both ready for bed and Dillon was taking his turn in the washroom; but then it was time for me to get to work after that while they went to bed – and eventually to sleep.

No other details are wanted or needed on that for me; so let’s move on so I can wrap this up and get some sleep too.

I didn’t have the energy for another round of time phasing, so I worked at normal Magi speed tonight.  There was a lot to do, so it’s taken a while to get everything finished, but I did get all of the work and studying done; so I’ve managed to keep up with the work for the first two of my busiest weekdays.  Now I just need to get through tomorrow; and maybe I’ll manage to have an early night on Thursday – if Michael and I skip game night again this week.  We’ll see whether that works out or not, but I only have time for a nap now; so it’s way-past time for me to get started on that bit of sleep while I still can.

It’s been fun, but I’m done; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!