Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Cassie's Journal - October 5, 2015



Happy 15th Birthday, Sally!

As always, Sally’s birthday is one of my favorites; since she was the first girl in my class to invite me to a birthday party after I moved here.  Her party today was fairly quiet compared to others she’s had, but it was a school night; and her boyfriend is on the football team this year and had practice after school before he – or any of the other guys at the party could go to it.  I’ll get to that part of the update soon; but let’s take a quick look at the rest of the day first.

Tai Chi by the river is still an option; but also on the chilly side first thing in the morning.  The one big change in our morning routine is that the sunroom is now our preferred choice for where we have breakfast.  It’s only a bit more work hauling everything between the two rooms; and worth the effort to have the view while we enjoy that meal.  Michael didn’t stay for breakfast, so it was just the five of us today, and while I helped with the clean-up; I still had lots of time to get ready for school and go meet up with Rowen for the walk there.  Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana had a lab day while I was busy with school and then cheerleading practice; and Dad had a full day booked after taking most of the weekend off and having a shorter-than-usual work day on Friday.  My day was more fun; though Ethan and Ehlana are always happy to be at the lab – and want to spend as much time there as they can between now and when they’ll start school next September.

For me, the school day highlights were the birthday moments for Sally – whether that was before classes started, at lunch, or during the rest of the day.  Her best part of the day was going to get her license; which was a breeze for a farm kid used to driving farm equipment – and highly motivated to join that particular club.  Getting to drive home with parental supervision after school was a bonus bit of fun for her too; which she told us all about while we were at the party.

Since I’m thinking about that, there’s a good chance that Mom and Patricia won’t get asked to drive us to these parties very often this fall and winter now that Tim and Michael have their licenses.  Parties at farms give them the perfect chance for some driving time; so Tim drove us out to Sally’s farm with his mother as co-pilot; and Michael and his Dad were paired up for the return trip home after the party ended at nine-thirty.  That’s definitely something different for us compared to city kids – or even the farm kids around here.  The town kids don’t get daily opportunities to practice their driving when the weather’s decent and most of us walk or bike where we want to go unless we have a lot to carry.

It’s getting pretty late, so let’s not get bogged down with any side-trips tonight.

We had fun with school and helping Sally celebrate her birthday.  There were cupcakes and gifts at lunchtime; and we had some outdoor play time while on that break too that kept all of us happy for the afternoon.  Rowen and I had fun with our cheerleading practice, and then we were finished enough ahead of the boys to have time to go home and get ready for Sally’s party.  Michael and Tim had to hurry, since Sally’s birthday did not rate Coach Robinson giving his team an easy practice night; so it was nearly time to sit down for dinner by the time we got to the farm.  Joshua was the only guy from the team to get there ahead of us, so we did at least have a bit of time to visit with Sally, her family, and our other friends while we waited for the last teens to arrive; and then the party kicked up into high gear with dinner in the dining room.

I know that Sally’s had a really good night, but I also don’t really have any major news to report tonight.  Kris and Diana are definitely a couple now, and she was at the party as Kris’ date; so that’s a bit of minor gossip for the network at school tomorrow.  Including Joshua, Sally only invited nine teens to her party this year; and there were only two singles there – Gretchen and Marc.  They’re a potential new couple too; though that’s at least partly because they’re members of a very small minority now that most of the teens in our grade are paired up.  I’m not going to comment on what I see for the future in this case; mostly because what I do see for them is still not all that clear.

That’s getting off-track again, though; so let’s move this along.

The dinner was good; we had fun with all of the usual birthday party action; and then Rowen and I were two of the clean-up volunteers while Sally was kept entertained by the rest of our friends.  We still had an hour or so to enjoy the play time after the work was done; and then it was time to head home again.  Yes, that’s very early for a party – even around here; but we all still had homework to get done too – and not all of us can stay up half the night working; or use a time phase to speed up the job.

Michael, Tim, and Rowen all came back to my house; we did our homework in the lounge; and then Rowen and Tim headed home at eleven o’clock.  Michael stayed and did a Magi lesson with Mom and me; but then he went home before midnight while I came up to my room again and got ready for bed.  My nightly computing, studying, archive assignment, and family business work has taken another three hours to get it all done; and that’s why this update is coming to you so late – not that you really care about the timing from your perspective in my future.  All of the work and studying went well-enough, but I’d bore myself to sleep writing about the details – especially the archive assignment.  I probably shouldn’t say much about that, since for all I know; future Magi will use my journals as sleep aids at bedtime.

If, by the way, that’s actually true; skip ahead to my journals when I’m a bit older.  I’ll guess that they’ll be more interesting by then! ;^)

Now that has my thoughts wandering off in an interesting direction that might be fun to take with me into dreamland, so that’s it for tonight; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!