Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, October 19, 2015

Cassie's Journal - October 18, 2015



It’s been a long day; I’ve stayed up too late with my studies and work; and I need to keep this short because I’m really only going to have time for a short nap before getting up to see Dad off on his trip to the city.  Grandma and Grandpa are heading for Arizona in the morning too, and I want to have time to stop in and see them on the way to school; so I might not have time for a second nap after Dad leaves.

Tai Chi by the river was fun; breakfast at home with a gang of kids, Michael, Tim, and Rowen was a crazy-busy blast of entertainment and non-stop action; and our partially teen-led service at church was good too – even if it could only come in second to the morning adventures with my parents, friends, and all of the younger kids.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I all needed to be at the church a bit earlier than everyone else, so we didn’t help with kid control for getting everyone there; but we also stayed until Mom and Dad had some of my aunts and uncles there to help out with that before walking to the church and getting ready for our parts in the service – whether that was music for Michael and me; or the skit and scripture readings that Tim and Rowen were helping with.  While we had a lot of fun during the service, it also went a bit long, so Michael needed to get to the Inn as soon as we finished packing up his guitar and the rest of the usual praise team gear.  I walked him there; sent him off to work with hugs and kisses before heading home to get changed for a play afternoon at the festival; and then pitched in to help out with making lunch.

My plans for the afternoon weren’t really changed all that much, since I had planned on playing with Ethan and Ehlana before going to the Inn to help out with the buffet shift; but I hadn’t been thinking about Dad’s week in the city – or the fact that he needed to work in the office all day today to get ready for the trip.  That’s why I was drafted to babysit for as long as I could this afternoon; and I took the twins, Naomi, and Aiden to the park while Mom and Dad stayed home and worked.

I’m getting a bit ahead of the story, since I’ve skipped over the small family lunch that Mom had needed my help with cooking up for everyone.  Grandma and Grandpa, the Carringtons, and the Everetts all attended; and it was about as busy and entertaining as breakfast had been – except with fewer kids at the table.  The lunchtime conversation was a bit more advanced too; though Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne apparently didn’t do anything fun at all with their second kid-free night of the weekend.  We did talk about the dance last night, the festival, and Grandma and Grandpa’s trip to Arizona; but stayed away from talk about school or work.

The temperature this afternoon hovered around seventy, so it was nearly-perfect weather for a play afternoon on the rides at the festival. With four kids to take care of, I didn’t go on any thrill rides; but I still had a blast going on all of the kiddie rides with the twins, Naomi, and Aiden.  They weren’t bored with the rides or anything, and thanks to the pay-one-price wristbands; they could go on the rides over and over again.  That did at least make it easy to keep them entertained, and I did have some help with them from Michael while he was on his afternoon break; and from Rowen, Tim, and some other friends while they met up with us and hung out for a ride or two here and there.

Michael and I both needed to be at the Inn in good time to help out with the buffet prep work, so we dropped the four kids off at my house; I freshened up and changed; and then we went to the Inn and got to work.  I’m not going to say that was all fun and entertainment, because we worked hard to keep up with a packed Inn and what was probably closer to two and a half turnovers of the dining room by the time the last groups of diners had been fed; but Michael and I did still have as much fun as we could around all of the work.

For me, one of the entertainment highlights was Jenny’s new boyfriend stories.  She’d been a bit unhappy about the buffet shift messing up her afternoon fun with Peter, but then she’d also spent most of Saturday with him too; so they probably spent more time together than Michael and I did this weekend.  Calling Jenny and Peter a couple already might be a bit premature, but she’s the one referring to him as her boyfriend already; so I’m just going with the flow on that.  It is fun seeing Jenny when she’s happily falling for a new guy; and all of the teen girls working in the kitchen were kept entertained with her weekend recap.  Some of the details were too hot for open conversation, but Jenny did whisper a few things to Rebecca and me that were definitely too much information for me.  I’m not going to go there, but I will add that Jenny is more adventurous than I am; and leave it at that.

While I was busy working, I missed out on the family buffet dinner at the Inn, and this time; I didn’t even go out to the dining room for a visit with them because they came to the early buffet; and I was too busy to take a break then.  Grandpa needed to enjoy one last buffet before leaving for Arizona, and Dad was happy to spend the time with everyone before going to Crystal Springs for the week; but then they also helped Jacob and Miranda out by making it a quick meal and then moving on to make room for more customers.  That worked out for Dad too, since he’d needed to get back to work anyway, and while he did that; Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana went to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house for a couple of hours to spend that time with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

I worked until close; walked home with Michael, Rebecca, and their parents; and shared a quick round of goodnight hugs and kisses before continuing on to my house.  Mom and Dad were working in the office, and Ethan and Ehlana were studying, so Mom did my Magi lesson with me; and then I took care of getting my brother and sister into bed on my way up to my room.  Compared to the rest of the day, the bedtime computing, studying, and family business work wasn’t newsworthy at all – even if the family business work was more important when it comes to what I actually accomplished.

My contributions to the family business are really important, and I’m proud of what I’m doing; so don’t think that it isn’t important to me just because I don’t write about every detail in this journal.  All of that data is available elsewhere in the archives; and the reason I write more about things like helping out at the Inn is simply because that work is more personal.  Spending time with Michael, his family, and our friends is always going to be more important to me – even when all we’re doing is working really, really hard.

That is all of the news for today, and all of the fun and work has me worn out now; so it’s time to get started on that nap.  We have another busy week ahead that will be even busier with Dad away in the city, but since I’m tired and you can just read ahead anyway; I’ll just skip the usual look at the week ahead part of most of my Sunday night updates.  The fun is going to continue as we head toward Halloween, and I don’t want to sleep through any of it; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!