Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Cassie's Journal - October 21, 2015



Let’s get this double update started from the beginning – on Tuesday morning!

The weather was beautiful for a fall morning – as it has been for both Tuesday and Wednesday.  Tai Chi by the river was awesome; and it may be a while before I won’t regularly need to mention how much I love having meals in the sunroom with such an awesome view of our yard and the river.  Michael was with us for Tai Chi, but didn’t stay for breakfast because he wanted to get to school early for the morning weight training.  Though I would have liked to have him stay for breakfast; Ethan, Ehlana, and I still had fun with Mom – and enjoyed the kid-parent time ahead of her trip to the city.  Ethan, and Ehlana got to spend a bit more time with her in the morning before getting dropped off at the lab and left with Uncle Adam when Mom was ready to head for Crystal Springs; but I had to say goodbye to her when I left for school with Rowen.

My day got busy after that with a normal school day; cheerleading practice at lunchtime; and band practice after school.  Cheerleading practice was again a lot of fun thanks to the awesome weather; and band practice has kicked up a few notches as we get ready for helping out with the entertainment at the Haunted Halloween Walk and the Seniors’ Halloween party we’ll do at the church fellowship hall.  Rowen and I met up with Michael and Tim after our practices; and I went home with Michael to have dinner there before moving on to our teen praise team practice.

With our festival weekend service out of the way, we started working on music for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It seemed strange to do that when we aren’t past Halloween yet, but there’s always a lot of music and extra work to do to get ready for all of the services; so getting a head start on that is a really good idea.  Since we do have a bit of time, though; we didn’t work on all of the music that Stacey gave us tonight; and had a fairly easy practice that ended early.

I went home with Michael again so that we could do our homework; have a music practice that was mostly for band; and wrap up our evening with just a bit of make-out time before I headed over to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house.  Ethan and Ehlana were still up when I arrived, but Zack and Brianna were sleeping.  We had a nice visit; I helped with getting the twins into bed; and then Aunt Leanne and I had a fun little girl chat in my room for the night that lasted until Brianna woke up and wanted her next feeding – and the one that is now normally the last one she has before morning.  I stayed with Aunt Leanne for that; took care of the diaper change; and then I cuddled with Brianna and sang to her until she fell asleep while Aunt Leanne went to bed.

That’s why I got such a late start to my bedtime studying and computing; and you already know from the last update that I fell asleep before getting everything done.  I was still up in time for Tai Chi by the river, and Ethan, Ehlana, and I not only had Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne with us for that workout; we had Naomi too.  Liz had let her run across the back yards to join us; and I’m sure that Naomi had planned to get up early to do that with us on one of the rare chances she has when not at our house for a sleepover anyway.

Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne went all-out for us this morning; and we practically had a breakfast feast.  That was too much for me to have ahead of my morning classes, but that didn’t keep me from enjoying the meal; and dealing with the consequences of eating too much for the first couple of hours of school.

I managed to get through the day; enjoyed every moment that I could when I was outdoors.  With afternoon temperatures again in the mid-eighties; even our teachers wanted to be outside as much as possible – even if all we did was find someplace to sit while having our lessons taught to us.  That didn’t happen in every class, but the school grounds were littered with students all day; since nearly every grade had at least some classes outdoors.

Cheerleading practice was good too, though we had a bit of extra work to do today because the forecast for Friday isn’t looking great; and we worked on two half-time routines so that we’d be ready for rain or shine.  We’ve been fairly lucky so far this season, so while it won’t be fun if it rains all night on Friday; I won’t complain too much over one bad-weather game.

It’s a work night, so I walked Michael to the Inn after our practices; and then came home.  Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana were all there, and since it was nearly dinnertime by then; we traded stories; I helped Mom with the last bits of work to get our meal ready; and then we had dinner out in the sunroom.  I took care of the clean-up; and then it was time for me to get to work in the office.  Mom was already working there by then, and Ethan and Ehlana were studying.  I started with my family business; used a time phase so that we could all work faster; and we all had our work, studying, and Magi lessons finished by shortly before eleven o’clock – even though I’d had work to catch up on before even getting to my planned work tonight.

Mom and I got the twins tucked in for the night; I came up to my room; and got ready for bed.  I did another email check once I was tucked in with Mandy; and then got started on this report.  It’s been a long couple of days, and while it isn’t three or four in the morning now; it feels like it after hours of time-phased work and studying.

There’s still quite a bit that I’ve skipped over for news around here, but I’m ready for some down time; so here’s just a micro-news flash for a few of those highlights.

Mom and Dad had dinner with the Malloys last night; she went shopping on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning; and apparently my parents didn’t do anything else for the rest of the time she was in Crystal Springs.  I guess you’ll have to read her journals to get the details that were apparently too hot for the kids to hear about.  When Mom came home, she brought the usual fast food fix for Aunt Leanne; and then she spent the afternoon at the lab with the twins.  Ethan and Ehlana had spent Wednesday morning with Aunt Leanne, Zack, and Brianna; and they’d mostly played until Mom got home.

Okay, that’s all for tonight, and I’m going to crash now and sleep until morning; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!