Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Cassie's Journal - January 4, 2015



We’re back to very cold temperatures again today, and our last day of Christmas vacation was also white; thanks to the inch or so of snow that fell overnight and early this morning.

The snow added more work to our morning schedule, and Michael and I skipped Tai Chi in favor of a long round of shoveling at Rowen’s house – and at our homes too.  We had lots of help for that; but it still kept us busy for a while – and we still had all of the usual Sunday morning action that included juggling bathroom time; getting ready for church; cooking, cleaning, and eating breakfast; and then getting over to the church on time for the service.  Rowen’s parents had help for the last part of that, with my parents, and Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne, helping out with extra seats in their truck and minivans.

While this was a holiday weekend Sunday, the teen praise team wasn’t involved in the service; so it was mostly a normal Sunday for the teens and kids – and we also didn’t have anything special to get ready for during Sunday school either.  We had fun, but I don’t really have any news to report from the rest of the morning.  Actually, there isn’t much news for the rest of my day either.  Michael and I went straight to the Inn with the rest of his family after church; I spent the rest of the day helping out there; and then I came home comparatively early – after the last batches of food of the day went out to the buffet tables.  I would have stayed later if needed, but the turnout for the last buffet had been comparatively light; and they didn’t need the extra hands for the clean-up.

The only non-work news from the kitchen this afternoon would be the homework that Michael and I finished up on our breaks; and the non-surprise that the guys watched the two NFL playoff games while we all worked hard to keep up with the cooking and cleaning.  On the home front, it was a homework afternoon for Dad; so Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana spent some or all of their afternoon in the office too.  The twins had some snow play time with Naomi and Aiden too; but it was too cold for them to be outdoors for very long – and their friends had family plans to move on to by mid-afternoon.

I mostly came home early tonight because I’m worn out after quite a few late nights over the past week.  Normally, I’d be back to my regular school night work and studies too, but instead of doing that; I only did my Magi lesson with Mom; helped with getting Ethan and Ehlana into bed for the night; and then hit my Jacuzzi for some quality tub time before getting ready for bed too.  I took care of most of my nightly computing while in the tub, and once I finish this update; I’m going straight into nap mode for a solid eight hours or so.

There might not be long, busy days filled with holiday cheer and fun ahead of us this week, but I am going to be very busy; and I’ll be glad to have the extra sleep to be ready for the back-to-school action.  If I’m going to get that extra sleep, though, I need to wrap this up and do that; so that’s it for now, and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!