Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Cassie's Journal - January 18, 2015



Happy 71st Birthday, Grandpa!

I’m sure that my grandparents are having a great day, and while we had a little chat with them this morning; that was our only involvement in his big day.

There is something that I was thinking about today that was all about him being a year older today; and that’s the fact that my grandparents are still so vibrant and active at their age.  That isn’t terribly unusual for Magi seniors here in Witch Falls; though I’d say that my grandparents are ahead of the aging curve even among their generally more-powerful peers.  We joke about helping Grandpa out when he needs a little Magi Healing from overdoing it sometimes; but he’s probably healthier than most ‘normal’ men twenty or more years younger than he is.  I’m not exaggerating that from personal bias – it’s just a fact.

My point here is that I’m wondering if we should be studying the Magi effect on our seniors as avidly as we’re currently studying babies, kids, and teens.  Sure, the development with kids is more pronounced, and the Magi skills development is exciting; but thinking about aging in relation to my grandparents has me wondering what the upper end of the age limit might be for modern Magi.  We do know from the archives that there were historically many Magi that lived well-beyond one hundred years.  Mom and I have learned from the family stories here that Magi around here live well into their nineties and beyond, but now that we have Healers in town again; that could change significantly – if we can do that without causing major social issues or accidentally reveal ourselves to the world.  I guess we wouldn’t need to worry about that for decades, but it would get a lot of attention if we suddenly had seniors living into be one-forty or one-fifty.

That would be cool if my grandparents were still around when I was a grandparent too, though.  We’d need to rent a football stadium for reunions! ;^)

Speaking of football, two teams won the NFL semi-final match-ups today.  Yeah for them; and double-yeah that we’re now just one game away from the end of another football season – or two if you must count the pro bowl game.  I’m writing about that in the past-tense; but the games aren’t over yet as I’m writing this because I’m doing my update between our study session and going to help out with the buffet shift at the Inn.

Yes, there’s still a lot of day left to go, but I’m just being proactive in case Michael and I do end up having a sofa sleepover after we’re finished at the Inn.

Okay, so having an ‘accidental’ sofa sleepover is in my plans for the rest of the day.  I’ll probably get away with it – even if our parents don’t believe it wasn’t an accident at all.  Sometimes it doesn’t totally suck to have all of the extra responsibilities that go along with being a Magi Master when your parents cut you some slack for things like this!

Anyway, I do need to wrap this up because I’m multi-tasking while getting ready to go over to the Inn.  We had a fairly standard Tai Chi and breakfast morning with the added bonus of the birthday chat with Grandma and Grandpa.  It was a fairly normal service at church; and Sunday school was uneventful too.  Michael helped out at the Inn during lunch, so I was at home with Mom, Dad, and the twins for that – and I got ready for our study session in the lounge then too.  That was optional for all of my classmates, but we still had a fairly good turnout; and more than half of our country teens contingent either stayed and had lunch with their families at the Inn or stayed with other friends to do that before coming over starting at around twelve-thirty.  The studying went well-enough; though Michael, Rowen, and I mostly just did tutoring while our friends tried to cram for the exams in the subjects that were toughest for each of them.

I’ll add updates if anything interesting happens between now and morning, but we’ll be busy at the Inn tonight because Jacob and Miranda know for sure that they’re short of staff tonight and we’re all going to need to pick up the slack.  It’s a good thing that we’ll have the bonus day off tomorrow – and I’m not just saying that because a sofa sleepover wouldn’t be an option on a school night.

Well, maybe it could be an option in the future; but not quite yet.  Even junior Magi Masters need to be careful with how much our parents will let us get away with!

I need to get going, though, so that’s it for now; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!