Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Cassie's Journal - January 12, 2015



It’s a football day, thanks to the big college football championship match; though I guess it was a big weekend too; since the pro football quarter-final games were on Saturday and Sunday too – I just didn’t mention it in my last two updates.  Maybe that’s because I really don’t care which teams won and lost those matches at all; though I did read up on the stats and watch the highlights on the sports report so I’d be able to talk the games with Tim and the other guys today.  I wasn’t particularly interested in the game tonight either; but my house was sort-of, unofficially game central for most of my classmates.

That’s strictly because we were having our first mid-term exam study group adventure after school and this evening; and most of the teens stayed for dinner and the game.  I’ll get to that shortly; but let’s back up and cover the news from the rest of the day first.

Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I were all up early to see Dad on his way to the city; we did the usual nap and cuddle time together after that; and then started our own normal weekday with Tai Chi and breakfast.  Michael was with us for the workout; but went home and then on to school in time for his weight training with Tim, Lucas, and a few other guys.  That’s not really particularly exciting for me; though having my boyfriend get a bit hotter thanks to those workouts doesn’t totally suck either. ;^)

Exam review was in high gear at school; and the only news from our day at school was the fact that we set up the big study group at my house.  The dinner option was added after Mom suggested it when I got home and gave her the bad news about the imminent teen invasion; but she also just did a run for the grocery store and bakery to pick up easy-dinner food options to deal with the gang of ravenous teens.

I’ve covered the scary teen feeding story lots of times before, so let’s just skip that.  It was the studying that was most important tonight – despite the fact that Tim and some of the other guys would insist it was the football game.  We hung out in my room and the lounge, and though that was a bit crowded; it was more comfortable for most of us – and kept us out of Mom’s hair most of the night except for while we were being fed.  I did a lot of tutoring while we worked, and while being a cheerleader this year and dating Michael might be two things that have changed my relationships with my classmates in bigger ways; Rowen and I are both getting a lot more love from our friends at exam time thanks to our ability to translate the language our teachers use into teen-speak.

Including a bit of dinnertime multi-tasking, we studied for about five hours – though I wouldn’t say that everyone was studying all of that time.  Some of my friends needed more fun breaks than others; and it wasn’t unusual for couples to wander off in pairs now and then to find somewhere quiet for a bit of constructive making out time.  Michael and I were not one of those couples; though I sometimes wished that we were.  We just didn’t have time for that between the studying, tutoring, and help that Mom needed to get through feeding our gang in addition to everything else she had on the go.

That didn’t really even change when nearly everyone switched to watching the football game between Ohio State and Oregon.  Michael and I took care of clean-ups; keeping snacks and drinks available; we spent some time with Ethan and Ehlana; and continued some tutoring with friends that cared more about their studies than the game.  Michael did watch more of the game than I did, and I was badgered a couple of times to demonstrate my skill at play calling; but our fun was definitely muted by comparison to the rest of our friends.

I’m not going to bore the non-football readers, but this first playoff-decided championship match-up was actually pretty good – and so was the game for the most part.  Yes, Oregon lost, and I’m sure their fans are devastated while Ohio State and their fans are overjoyed beyond belief; but there were some good sporting moments for both sides – though not so much for Oregon in the fourth quarter when the game got away from them.  It’s shocking, but either way, life goes on; and it is just a game, folks.  Try to remember that and fit your games accordingly into a reasonable life-priority.

I know that I do – and did tonight after seeing Michael on his way home after the game – and after he’d helped me out with the final clean-up of the lounge.  Not all of our classmates had stayed until the end of the game.  All of the farm kids had been picked up by around half time or early in the third quarter of the game; about half of the town kids left along with boyfriends or girlfriends when school night curfews got in the way of the game night fun; and the last half-dozen stayed to the bitter-or-sweet end.  While Michael was up past his own curfew, he’d been given an extension, and while it was tempting to keep him even later for some play time for two; we didn’t do that because I still needed to do my own studying and work.

That wasn’t very exciting, but needed to be done – and is why I’m just doing this now when it’s heading toward four-thirty and I’m again going to be having another night without much down time.  I did get all of my work done; had a few chats with Violet, Stephanie, and Dad before they each turned in for the night; and I’m ready for the sports and entertainment gossip and chat that’ll be going on at school tomorrow.

I’ve also had more than enough work and fun for one day; so that’s it for now, and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!