Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, January 2, 2015

Cassie's Journal - January 1, 2015



Happy New Year!

My start to 2015 has been great, so let’s get right into the highlights; picking up the story where I left off yesterday – or last year!

By the time I got to the Inn yesterday afternoon, the dining room was already closed to the public for the rest of the day and the decorating and set-up for the tickets-only dinner and party had been started.  Since Michael was still helping with the post-lunch clean-up, I was put to work in the kitchen too on the prep-line instead of the work in the dining room.  Helping out with the mounds of veggies wasn’t as exciting as decorating and the rest of the action in the dining room; but hanging out with Michael, Rebecca, Jacob, and Jake was entertaining enough.

I guess this is as good a place to begin adding in the football action part of this update; since the sport is unavoidable in a football town on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.  Michael’s been really good from a boyfriend perspective when it comes to the sport, but he was right there with the rest of the guys to watch the games yesterday and today; and I wouldn’t want him to break man-laws and get into trouble from skipping the annual bowl game event – especially when this is the first year of the new playoff format for the national championship.  While I don’t really care about the games or results; I’ll admit that it was fun both yesterday and today when I had the opportunities to add a bit of entertainment to the football mix with my little talent for predicting the play calls and results.  That kind of goofing around helped to make the work in the kitchen easier for all of us, but the real fun for Michael, Rebecca, and I didn’t kick in until we took our dinner break and temporarily joined the party in the dining room.

Lucas, Jenny, and Lance were there already, and were at the dessert stage of the meal by then; but they still hung out with us while we ate – and they kept us entertained with their New Year’s Eve day stories.  We didn’t take a lot of time for that break because we wanted to help get as much of the work in the kitchen done as early as we could so that we could all be done earlier and enjoy more of the party – at least until the midnight buffet needed to go out shortly after we rang in the New Year.  Jenny and Lance didn’t stay for very long after that either because they were heading over to his house and a party there for the rest of the night – which was also why Jenny wasn’t helping out at the Inn.  She hasn’t spent much time there at all so far this holiday, but I’m not really surprised by that – she’s been spending as much time with Lance as possible while they’re both off from school.  I’d probably do the same thing if Michael and I were in the same situation they are.

Though we were part of the second wave of staff to take our dinner break, there was still lots of work to do in the kitchen to clean up and get most of the trays ready for the midnight buffet; so it was ten o’clock by the time that Michael and I were done and had taken a bit of time to freshen up before rejoining the party.  Okay, we might have been slightly delayed due to finding ourselves temporarily alone; but that few minutes was hardly enough time for a major make-out session – just a few kisses and caresses.

Once we were free for a couple of hours, we did a quick round of visits with our families and friends; caught the end of the last football game of the night that was all but over by then anyway; and then we hung out with Rowen, Tim, Rebecca, Lucas, and some of the other teens until it was nearly midnight.  There was time for a bit of dancing too; but it didn’t seem like very long before we did the countdown to midnight with Mom, Dad, Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, Aiden, and everyone else hanging out with them.  The first kiss of the New Year with Michael was pretty good, but not too hot – our parents were right there, after all; so we took it easy on them! ;^)

We had time to share other hugs and kisses too, but then it was back to work for a while as we helped to set-up the buffet and then clean up after everyone had finished snacking.  A little more dancing and partying was an option after that, but parents with younger kids had already left by then; the party was winding down; and we were back at work by shortly after two o’clock to get the kitchen and dining room ready for business on Friday morning.  That was entirely so that nobody would need to come and do that work sometime on New Year’s Day; though it was also a choice that Miranda and Jacob give their staff most years – and everyone usually picks staying late and getting the work done.

I was okay with that; and going home with Michael and his family was great.  So was the sofa sleepover with Michael; and that started out with some bonus entertainment when Miranda jokingly tucked us in and kissed us goodnight – knowing as well as we did that we had no intention of going up to separate rooms after a little cuddle time.  Rebecca and Lucas thought that was as funny as everyone else did, but they didn’t have a problem with it either – especially since it gave them the chance to possibly have their own little sleepover.  I’m not saying that happened for sure; but I’m not saying it didn’t either.  By this morning, that was a case of we won’t ask; and just pretend that we don’t know what those smiles mean.

Jacob might have a different perspective on that for Rebecca than he does for Michael; but Miranda doesn’t.  Lucas is still shyer than Michael, so if Jacob really wants to be worried about things like that for the four of us; I’m probably the one teen he should worry about most.

Not that I’m saying he actually has anything to worry about with me leading his son astray or anything! ;^)

Anyway, other than having a very minor make-out moment or five once we were alone in the living room, that’s pretty much all of the New Year’s Eve news.  Michael and I fell asleep; got to have about three hours of nap time; and then we stayed at his house for Tai Chi for two before having breakfast with his family.  I needed to go home as soon as we finished the kitchen clean-up; and Mom and Dad put me to work right away to help them out with the party set-up and lunch prep work.  The second half of that was mostly putting food trays together and keeping an eye on the pre-cooked dishes that were being re-heated.  There were two crock pots doing the slow-cooking thing too; but we didn’t have to do anything with them except move them to the buffet table when it was time to feed the troops.

We had extra help and incoming food donations being arriving at eleven, and while that started a bit of a social hour that meshed with the work time; the party really got started at noon – at the same time we put the lunch buffet out.  Football ruled the action in the living room, and the lounge was the primary girl zone for the day – at least for the teens and kids.  That usually included the younger boys too; though they mostly played other games in my room or the exercise room and only stopped into the lounge for snacks, drinks, and the occasional chat with their favorite girls.

I had some teen friends to hang out with now and then too; but not for the entire day; since most of the teens at our party also had other places to spend parts of the day too.  Rebecca, for example, was at our party first; but then went home with Lucas and his family for the night – and other parties they were attending at two other farms.  Rowen and Tim were at his aunt and uncle’s house for dinner and the evening football action; and Michael and I were two of the few teens standing at my house by dinnertime.  That was mostly because our adult guests mostly had younger kids; which is also why Ethan and Ehlana had lots of kids to play with – and I was kept busy with kid control when I wasn’t helping out with meals or clean-ups.  That still meant having lots of play time; but not of the teen variety – and not much alone time with Michael either.

Our dinner meal was buffet-style and on-the-go too, and while eating in the dining room was an option; most of the football watching group filled plates and went back to the game in progress in the living room.  I did that too so that I could hang out with Michael, or Dads, and the other guys, but I can’t say that I found the game all that exciting.  The hanging out together was the fun part of that half-hour or so that we spent together before I moved on to more work in the kitchen.

After a very late New Year’s Eve, I was actually thinking more about having a nap by then than doing anything else, but I mostly went back to playing with the kids after the work was done; through until the Moms or Grandmothers started taking the youngest kids home to bed.  Ethan and Ehlana kept Naomi and Aiden for the night; and my play time ended when I helped out with getting them tucked in for the night at around nine-thirty.  Then I was free to either watch movies in the lounge with the girls or hang out in the living room with Michael and the other guys.  I chose both – watching the end of a movie in progress; and then going to cuddle with Michael while the last game of the day was on the television.

By then, the guys had watched or kept up with the first four games; and Oregon had pretty much beaten up on Florida State in the second half of their game for a big win to earn the first of the two championship playoff games.  Alabama and Ohio State were battling it out for the other spot in that championship game; but I’ll be honest and admit that I was just there for the cuddle time with my boyfriend.  I wasn’t the trend-setter for that; but I was an early-adopter; and it wasn’t long before most of the women still there gave up on movie time and joined us in the living room.  That got a bit crowded; but we had fun with it.

Well, most of us had fun with it.  I had a cat nap or two and missed quite a bit of the sports and entertainment while enjoying the rest and cuddle time with Michael.  If he dozed off too, he didn’t admit it to any of the guys; but I wouldn’t be surprised if he did join me for some of my nap time.

As mentioned already, man-laws might have been broken if every football fanatic guy in the country didn’t watch those two playoff games, so it was fairly late by the time Ohio State managed to beat Alabama 42-35 and win their shot at the National title against Oregon.  By then, I was ready to call it a night, but it took a while to see our guests out, and after saying goodnight to Michael when he left with his family; I also needed to help out with the final clean-ups in the living room, kitchen, and the lounge.  That’s why it was after two before I got back up to my room and had a chance to get changed.  Mandy didn’t wake up when I climbed into bed with my computer because she got tired of the noise and wait; and decided to spend the night with Ehlana and Naomi.

Maybe I should have kept Michael for another sleepover too! ;^)

My nightly computer checks took a while, and I had a couple of family business jobs to take care of too; but I’ll be heading off to dreamland as soon as I wrap this report up.  From the email reports around the family, it sounds as though my cousins all had fun on New Year’s Eve; and I hope that they’re all having a wonderful start to the New Year too.  We only have a play day planned for tomorrow, but Dad’s taking the day off; so Ethan, Ehlana, and I will be hanging out with him – and with Mom.  There aren’t any plans – we’ll just wing it and do whatever we feel like doing – or nothing at all.

I’ll let you know how that goes, but that’s all of the news I have for today and it’s definitely time to get some sleep; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!