Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Cassie's Journal - January 24, 2015



Okay, I’m tucked in for the night and ready to get started on a double update after another busy, fun day.  Let’s just go back to Friday morning and start from the beginning.

Happy (Belated) 31st Birthday, Liz!

Other than giving her a joint gift with Ethan and Ehlana, and helping out with entertaining Naomi (and Aiden) while they were here and giving Naomi’s parents a kid-free night; I wasn’t involved in Liz’s happy day.  She did have fun – though I did not need the kid-free night details that she shared with Mom and Aunt Leanne this morning when picking up the kids.  They had a birthday dinner party with family and friends too that Mom, Dad, and the twins went to; but I was home and having fun with my friends instead.

My day wasn’t very exciting until after we finished our Music, Spanish, and Politics exams.  Tai Chi and breakfast was fun, and I didn’t have any problems with my exams; but everyone was worn out after four days of mid-term testing.  Even with the extra sleep I’ve had this week, the extra studying and tutoring had a lot to do with why I ran out of steam tonight and fell asleep while we were watching movies in the lounge.  It was fairly late by then; but my friends were still amused – and stayed awake for an additional movie that I slept right through while cuddled with Michael.

I’ve already mentioned that Ethan and Ehlana had Naomi and Aiden with them overnight.  The main difference for tonight was that we had two bonus couples hanging out with us tonight – Sally and Joshua; and Gretchen and Brock.  Jenny and Lance were again invited; but were hanging out with his friends last night instead.  I got the feeling that Jenny wasn’t all that happy with the choice; but wasn’t going to pick our sleepover without him over a night out with Lance.  She’ll either need to deal with that eventually or accept the trade-off and just spend less time with Rebecca and the rest of her hometown friends.  I can guess what she’ll decide, but that could take a while still; so let’s just not go there and move along.

Since Mom and Dad were going to Liz’s birthday dinner, we were on our own for feeding ourselves; though Mom did leave us fully stocked with frozen pizzas and other munchies to cook up and devour.  With five teen boys in the house; devour is an appropriate term for what they did with all of the food that Rebecca, Rowen, and I cooked up with some supervisory girl-chat help from Sally and Gretchen.  While we were busy with that, the boys were playing video games in the lounge, and with the Super Bowl just over a week away; it’s no surprise that the gaming was mostly football-related.  It took a while to cook up enough pizza, wings, and a couple of batches of home fries; so the boys had eaten half the food before we – the girls – even got upstairs to the lounge with the last batches of food and sat down to eat too.  We did have a slice of pizza here and there while cooking and hauling first batches of food upstairs too; but that actually worked out better for us – and then the boys took care of the post-dinner clean-up.

Okay, three out of five of them weren’t thrilled about that, but Michael and Lucas insisted; and Tim, Joshua, and Brock went along with the plan after their respective girlfriends threatened them with revoked cuddle privileges if they didn’t lend a hand too.

I skipped over the post-school action; so let’s back up for just a minute.  The sleepover was fully-booked by this morning; so our country teen guests had brought overnight bags with them when they came to school.  The town teens all needed to stop in at their homes on the way over from school to get their gear too; but we were all at my house fairly quickly.  We’d had a couple of cooler days on Wednesday and Thursday that I pretty much ignored because we were indoors all day except for the walks to and from school, but it was warmer again today; and some outdoor play time was an option.  The guys wanted to go biking for a while, so we did that for an hour and a half or so – after taking fifteen minutes to get enough bikes ready to go and re-inflate most of the tires on those bikes.  We toured the new section of town first; did a loop of the rest of the town; and wrapped up our ride with some biking and play time at the park.  The biking trails in the woods there were fairly messy, but the guys did some riding in there anyway while the girls stuck to the main trail and let them have fun trying to muscle their way through the half-frozen and half-swampy muck.

By the time we got home again and put the bikes away, Mom, Dad, and the twins were at the Seager’s house; so we started cooking the food right away.  I’ve already covered the dinner part of the night; and it was play time for all of us after the boys were done with the clean-up.  That meant more gaming for the boys; music and chat time for the girls; and a fair bit of general goofiness as most of us wound down from exam stress.  Mom and Dad got home with their four younger kids for the night by a bit after eight-thirty; and the twins, Naomi, and Aiden came up to the lounge to hang out with us until bedtime.  We switched over to movie time then; and watched Planes 2 with them while Mom and Dad did their own thing for an hour and a half.  We did an intermission after that so Michael and I could help with getting my brother, sister, and their friends tucked in for the night.  The boys did a bit more gaming while we were busy; but then we went back to movie night after that – and after Mom and Dad opted for going to bed then too.

Okay, it was after eleven by then, so that isn’t particularly early; but it is compared to how late nine out of ten of the teens in the house were awake!

Ten in the lounge isn’t too crowded, but it does mean that at least two cuddling couples need to either be on the floor or in the window alcove while the other three share the sectional sofa at the ends and middle.  Michael and I opted for being on the floor, and Rowen and Tim switched between the alcove and floor – though I was sleeping before they made that switch.  The boys got to pick the movies and went with a trio of SyFy channel flicks that were fairly awful to the point of being more funny that anything else.  I was only in it for the cuddling anyway, though, so I didn’t really care what was on the television.  I lasted through the first movie; fell asleep sometime during the second; and totally missed the third one.

Michael didn’t have a problem continuing to cuddle with me while I slept; and our friends all preferred cuddling with their respective boyfriend or girlfriend until around four o’clock too instead of going to bed sooner.  I woke up when Michael picked me up with plans to put me on the sofa and tuck me in for the rest of the night once everyone else was ready to head to bed for a couple of hours of nap time; but I only stayed awake long enough to kiss him goodnight, get ready for bed, and crash again in my bed with Rowen and Mandy.

Half of my friends would have liked to sleep in this morning, but that wasn’t an option for most of us.  Michael and I were up at normal time for Tai Chi with my family, Naomi, and Aiden; Lucas, Joshua, Gretchen, and Sally needed to be up early so that we could feed them and get them out to their farms; and the rest of us either had part-time jobs to get ready for or chores to do at home.  Breakfast for sixteen was a blast, but also a lot of work; and Dad and I took care of most of the post-meal clean-up while Mom did the farm teen driving and the rest of my friends got ready to go home or off to work.

My chores took all morning, and wasn’t particularly exciting; but we were done our work by one and then Ethan, Ehlana, and I were set free for the rest of the day.  The temperature had climbed into the mid-fifties by then, so playing outdoors was an option again; and I took Ethan and Ehlana out for some biking and park playground fun.  Michael joined us for some of that time while on his afternoon break from the Inn; but he decided not to come over again after the Inn closed for the night because he was tired out after only having that nap last night.  I would have liked some bonus alone time with him instead, but then I got more rest than he did; and can’t really complain that he’s the one who is tired out tonight.

Ethan, Ehlana, and I followed up our play afternoon with a family dinner that was at our house this time – and that Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, Uncle Mark, Aunt Grace, and our cousins joined us for.  That was fun, and I really loved getting to have that time with everyone after not getting to do that much for the past few weeks while dealing with studying for and writing my exams.  Top news with the dinner conversation was the plans that Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace have made for a trip to Seattle to visit with his family next month – for the week leading into Valentine’s Day.  That’s going to be his family’s first chance to meet Caleb; and they mostly waited this long so that they didn’t take Caleb flying until Uncle Adam was sure they could do that without having any Magi-related issues that have apparently come up now and then with Magi babies in the past during air travel.

Uncle Mark’s parents had considered flying out at Christmas; but they’re instead planning a trip here for late June with the entire family instead – not to mention that it would have been a problem for his father to get away from his practice then too.  That’s something that is really great about having two doctors in our little town now – Uncle Mark and Uncle Adam can now take these vacation trips without it being a problem at their clinic.

Anyway, dinner was awesome thanks to the company and entertainment.  The food was good too; but we went with a fairly easy pot-luck meal that didn’t require too much work for anyone.  My aunts, uncles, and cousins didn’t stay late because we were all ready for a quiet, early night; so it was just the five of us again by seven-thirty or so.  We wrapped up our day with a movie in the living room; I helped with getting Ethan and Ehlana into bed again; and then Mom, Dad, and I all went to our rooms too.  I was in need of some Jacuzzi time before getting ready for bed too; but I was finished with that, had my hair dried, and was tucked in with Mandy before eleven o’clock.  I only did the basic nightly computer checks and one quick family business job before starting with this update; and I plan on being asleep about five minutes after I wrap this up.

I almost forgot to wish Lisa and Happy 14th Birthday!  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I had a gift for her that Rowen dropped off for her this morning on her way to the computer store; but we weren’t invited to her party this year.  She was doing a dinner and movie night in Crystal Springs; and only had her four best friends along with her for that adventure.  I hope that she’s had an amazing day; though we won’t hear the details about her party until we’re all at Sunday school tomorrow.

That does definitely wrap up everything that I wanted to cover tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!