Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, January 26, 2015

Cassie's Journal - January 25, 2015



Exams are over, so I’m back to ‘normal’ school-night work and studying – and that’s why I’m exhausted and writing this in the wee hours of Monday morning.

We started the day out with a fairly normal Sunday morning.  I also don’t have much news to report from between Tai Chi and the end of the church service and Sunday school.  It was a fairly quiet morning, and other than having some fun hearing about Lisa’s birthday adventure in Crystal Springs when we first went to Sunday school; it was comparatively quiet at the church today.

That might have had something to do with the cooler, dull-weather day we had today – and also why the Inn was especially busy for both the lunch and the two buffet sittings.  It’s also the last Sunday in January; though I don’t think that necessarily had anything to do with it.  The busy did mean that I wanted to help out – and Michael, Rebecca, and I were there for the lunch and dinner rushes with just one major afternoon break to go along with a couple of shorter ones that we fit in as best we could around all of the busy.  Jenny joined us for the buffet shift too, so Rebecca and I got to hear a lot about her weekend play time with Lance; but the rest of the afternoon and evening was not particularly newsworthy either – and I definitely don’t need to report some of the details of Jenny’s girl chat here in my journal.

My back to normal started after I got home from the Inn tonight.  I didn’t stay until close, and Michael and Rebecca were sent home when I left too; so I walked back with them and did the goodnight hugs and kisses with Michael on his front porch.  That didn’t take long since it was cold out, but we were tired by then; and okay with keeping it short and sweet.  I’d missed out on a work and study day at home while I was busy, and Ethan and Ehlana were tired out by then and just waiting up to see me; so I started my evening adventure out with helping them to get ready for bed and having a chat with them before tucking them in for the night.

I followed that up with my Magi lesson with Mom; two hours of language studies; one hour of reading fun for my archive assignment; and a bit more than two hours of family business work that would have been closer to six or eight if not at Magi speed.  The more than six hours I have spent on my studies and work, including the Magi lesson, was more than enough for me; and that blast of action added to the hours of hot work in the kitchen at the Inn is why I’m ready to crash and nap right now.

Instead of dragging this out, I’m just going to go and do that; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!