Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, January 19, 2015

Cassie's Journal - January 19, 2015



Yes, Michael and I did have a sofa sleepover last night; and no, our mothers were not fooled for a moment that it was unintentional.  They do still think it’s cute, though; and they let us get away with it anyway.

Waking up cuddled with Michael was a highlight of the day for me, but it was also a first highlight in one of those really good days.  Having the temperature climb into the mid-sixties had a lot to do with having a great day too, and even though we needed to study for exams again; doing that outdoors this afternoon was an option – and so was some play time with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden at the park.  Tai Chi at my house and breakfast at Michael’s was pretty good too; and while we each did some chores at our respective homes after that; we were both at my house and starting our exam studying with our friends by late morning.

Dad was doing some work in the office while we were busy, but he stopped to help Mom with making lunch, and since it was so nice out; he fired up a grill and cooked hot dogs and burgers to feed all of the kids and teens in the house.  That included a bit more than half of my classmates, Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden.  We ate lunch outdoors too, and after helping with the clean-up; we stayed outside for the rest of the afternoon.  We studied; took a break for the play time at the park; and wrapped up the afternoon with a final hour and change of studying before parents started picking up country teens for the rides out to their farms and the town teens headed home for dinner.

The next and final highlight of the day for me was finding out that Mom and Dad had set up a pot-luck dinner with the Stone family.  Michael and I helped out with the work at my house, and Miranda, Jacob, and Rebecca came over with their food contributions shortly before we were ready to sit down and eat.  It was still above sixty outside then, but we decided to eat in the dining room instead of getting an extra table and chairs out of the storage barn and cleaned up.  I really loved getting to spend that time with both of our families, and even getting teased about our sofa sleepover was entertaining.  Michael, Rebecca, and I were on the clean-up crew of three after that while our parents, Ethan, and Ehlana moved on to the living room for some quiet chat time; and then that was pretty much it for the fun today.

Since Michael, Rebecca, and I all have exams in the morning, it wasn’t long after that before our guests went home for the night.  Mom did a short Magi lesson with me while Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana all did some work or studying in the office; and then the twins and I were all sent up to bed for the night.  I helped to get them tucked in for the night; followed that up with some Jacuzzi time; and took care of the ‘must-do’ family business work while I was in the tub.  I’m not doing any archive or language studies this week as per Mom’s orders; which is why I’ll be done this and heading off to dreamland soon even though it’s just a bit past ten o’clock.  Having a four-day school week means that we’ll be writing three exams a day for our twelve subjects, and while I’m not at all worried about that; it will mean that some of my friends will be stressed and need extra support that I plan on being there to help out with.  I’m also thinking that a Friday night sleepover and celebration would be fun too once we’re finished with our exams.

That’s pretty much all of the news I have for today, but before you think that I forgot; yes, I do know it’s Martin Luther King Day.  I’ve also previously explained why this isn’t a big holiday here in Witch Falls; so there isn’t any point in going over that every single year.  I’m sure that the holiday was a bigger deal for our college students on their campuses, and maybe I’ll write about that sometime in the future, but I haven’t gotten any reports from my favorite collegians on that tonight anyway; so maybe we’ll do that next year.

For now, though, it’s time for me to get some sleep.  We’re going to have a very busy week; and I’m not going to have any late nights – unless something major comes up for my end of the family business.  Have a great day or night, depending on when you’re reading this in your ‘now’; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!