Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Cassie's Journal - May 5, 2015



Okay, here comes the double update, as promised, but it’s been another long day; so I’m still going to keep this on the short side.

Monday morning started out with Tai Chi by the river; followed by the normal week day breakfast; and then I had a bit of extra work to do while getting ready for the day to make sure my room and the lounge were presentable for company.  I did a bit of Magi-powered cheating to make all of that happen; though don’t take that to mean that my rooms were a mess – that doesn’t happen because it’d drive me nuts.

I missed out on the action at home while at school, but Mom was busy doing some running around before the Malloys arrived; and then she was busy having fun with Angela, the twins, Valerie, and Marcus while Terry pretty much got straight to work once they were in town.  Most people probably wouldn’t think that it was fun, but Terry looked happy enough after starting his work day out with meetings; and then going to work on surveying and taking soil samples and readings of the ground.  I hadn’t mentioned it in my journal before, but he brought a couple of his guys along to help with that.  They’re staying at the Inn; so I doubt he’ll have a problem recruiting for the rest of his visits here!

Terry had decent weather for his outdoor work, and dodged some rain that was in the forecast for the morning; but we did get thunderstorms rolling through here by around six o’clock; so Michael’s first baseball practice of the season was cancelled.  That worked out great for us because we were able to have dinner with my family and the Malloys; and then spend the evening with them too.  I really loved getting to have a long chat with Terry and Angela; along with some cuddle time with Marcus.  Valerie mostly played with Ethan and Ehlana; but I did the bedtime stories with them before tucking her – and Ehlana – in for the night.

Having to do the early bedtime because we have company wasn’t all that thrilling for the twins; but they just played on their iPads once the rest of us had gone downstairs until they were ready to sleep.  Knowing them, ‘playing’ meant reading their college textbooks or doing something else study-related, but that’s what I was doing after going to bed too; so I can’t say much about that.  Michael stayed until ten; he dashed home during a little break in the rain – after our front porch goodnight hugs and kisses; and then I came up to my room to get started on my work while leaving the parents to continue their visit, since they were waiting for Marcus to wake for his next feeding before heading to bed too.

You already know that I fell asleep before getting around to my journal update, and that was at least partly because I had a very boring archive assignment that put me right off to sleep sometime around three o’clock.  Mom can’t do lessons with us until Wednesday night; so she gave me some extra reading instead.  I did my archive assignment first tonight to avoid a second un-scheduled nap time in a row; but it wasn’t easy to stay awake through it either.  I know that Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I are so amazing that you might not believe this; but Magi Masters of millennia-past had a tendency to be very boring when it came to their writings.

Anyway, that pretty much covers the news from Monday; so let’s get to the action from today.

Happy 20th Birthday, Stephanie; and Happy 4th Birthday, Sophia!

Michael, Lucas, Rebecca, and I did a joint gift for Stephanie, and sent it along with the gifts that Miranda and Jacob had sent to her; and we did a breakfast video chat with her.  That worked out great for me, since I got to have a bonus Jacob Stone breakfast this week; but I did miss out on that time with the Malloys instead.  Since we were busy with that instead, Michael skipped his morning weight training; and we enjoyed the extra time with his family before needing to head for school with Rebecca and Rowen.

I don’t have any news from school; though I was busy all day straight through until after band practice.  That kicked into high gear after that, because we had to hurry over to the Bassett’s house to be there in time for Sophia’s birthday dinner.  She had an afternoon party that was ending with the dinner; so Ethan and Ehlana had been there most of the afternoon – and had Valerie with them for most of that time so that she could have fun playing the games too.  Valerie is a year to a year and a half younger than most of Sophia’s friends, but there were a couple of younger kids there with their parents and older sibs for her to play with.  Mom and Angela were there for a while too; but were home by the time that Michael and I got there.

Rebecca had been helping out with the party since getting finished school for the day, and though dinner was nearly ready by the time that Michael and I got there; we jumped in to help out with kid control; and then did as much of the clean-up as we could before needing to move on to our teen praise team practice.  The dinner fun with the kids was definitely on the hyper side after they’d been running around all afternoon and had already consumed lots of treats by then; and we loved every minute of it.

That made switching to praise team mode – especially when we’re getting ready for the Memorial Day weekend service – a bit tougher; but that practice went well too.  Michael and I stayed a bit later after the rest of the teens went home so that we could do a couple of run-throughs of the Mother’s Day song Stacey picked for us; and she was thrilled with what we’re doing with it; so we’re happy campers too.

Michael came home with me after practice, and though we didn’t have much time for another visit; we did spend what time we could with the Malloys since they’ll be on the way home again before we’re finished school tomorrow.  We ended up spending more time with Valerie than with Angela, Terry, and Marcus; but we still had a short visit with them once we had Valerie tucked in and off to sleep for the night.

This time, Michael stayed until ten-thirty before going home; and that’s why I got another late start to my work and studying.  It was after eleven before I was in bed with Mandy and my computer, and since I didn’t get everything done last night; I made up for that tonight.  It’s past three-thirty now and I am definitely ready for the down time, so I’ll spare you the boring details of my work, language studies, and archive reading; and just get straight to the sleeping part of my day.

While Terry will be doing a bit more work in the morning, things should quiet down around here a bit for the next few days.  If we get the rain that’s in the forecast too, we might not even have any extra baseball action either, though I’d be okay with that – especially if it means I can have a normal work night Wednesday and get to sleep early tomorrow night!

It seems obvious to me that I have moved sleeping up to number one on my to-do list now, so I’m out of here; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!